• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moderns that are losing steam on Ebay

412 posts in this topic

As a powerseller on EBay since 1997 giving me tips and alluding I am a noob is laughable. When did you become the Walking Dead expert? :baiting:

Oh yeah I been a member of gpanalysis for three years so enough of that pompous spouting about I have GPA data and youse don`t :blahblah:.

The truth is the Walking Deads are having a market correction. Not really bad for the Walking Deads comic books overall, but could be the beginning of the end for all the highly speculated Image noob books. I am starting to hear a bubble about to pop. :gossip:

Sending plenty of noob speculators to sell thier Image number one variants on Ebay for less than what they thought they were going to get. ;)

:golfclap:

:banana:

As a powerseller on EBay since 1997 giving me tips and alluding I am a noob is laughable. When did you become the Walking Dead expert? :baiting:

Oh yeah I been a member of gpanalysis for three years so enough of that pompous spouting about I have GPA data and youse don`t :blahblah:.

The truth is the Walking Deads are having a market correction. Not really bad for the Walking Deads comic books overall, but could be the beginning of the end for all the highly speculated Image noob books. I am starting to hear a bubble about to pop. :gossip:

Sending plenty of noob speculators to sell thier Image number one variants on Ebay for less than what they thought they were going to get. ;)

Still waiting for facts to back it up.

The last three auctions on eBay over the last week have averaged $1568. The last auction 3 days ago finished at $1625.

Both of those totals are MORE than the average it sold for between January of THIS year to the end of July of THIS year. (About $1300).

At the beginning of the year, it was a $900-$1000 book.

Now it's a $1500-$1600 book.

In what way is that cooling off?

The last three auctions on eBay over the last week have averaged $1568. The last auction 3 days ago finished at $1625.

Both of those totals are MORE than the average it sold for between January of THIS year to the end of July of THIS year. (About $1300).

Chuck, save your energy. You're arguing against truthiness lol

The last few sales on feebay of Revival have been poor - £2.20 for #1 first print

- £8.00 for a set of 1-4 first prints.

Hopefully, this is a couple of errant listings.

Agree with a previous poster as well, The Manhattan Projects seems to be lagging behind where it should be at the moment - although not a lot of #1's have been on sale recently - 2-6 seem barely able to make cover price.

A plethora of Happy #1's seem to be stiffling the market for a book with a potential movie deal.

Yes the book is cooling off as it was selling for $1800-2200 over the summer.

Walking Dead #1 isn't rare what so ever.

CGC Census of Walking Dead #1 as of 11/04/2012: 1129 total copes graded

CGC 9.9: 10 :eyeroll:

CGC 9.8: 446 Wow uber rare

CGC 9.6: 364

CGC 9.4: 164

CGC 9.2: 65

So there is still room for what about 6000 more copies out there raw?

After the prison arc the comic book has been pretty lackluster, and the show may be no different.

Walking Dead #1 will always be the biggest modern book of our lifetime, but logic has to become reality eventually and see more realistic values to show the true values of these issues giving the supply in the coming 2-3 years if not sooner.

Is there a ton of Walking Dead fans out there? Heck Yea, but there was a lot of Sopranos, Lost, and other such popular shows with a die-hard fans base as well. When the show ended so did the hype. (shrug) Most fans of the show probably do not even know what Walking Dead #1 sells for in any grade.

My point is when the show is over and all the Walking Dead #1's, 27's, 19's come to light there will be more than enough issues to go around for any collector of the comic series do get their hands on at a realistic price.

IMO 5 years from now once the show is over Walking Dead #1 CGC 9.8 will be selling around $500.00 and you have to take into effect just how many more #1's will also be added to that CGC census in the years to come.

After the prison arc the comic book has been pretty lackluster, and the show may be no different.

Walking Dead #1 will always be the biggest modern book of our lifetime, but logic has to become reality eventually and see more realistic values to show the true values of these issues giving the supply in the coming 2-3 years if not sooner.

Is there a ton of Walking Dead fans out there? Heck Yea, but there was a lot of Sopranos, Lost, and other such popular shows with a die-hard fans base as well. When the show ended so did the hype. (shrug) Most fans of the show probably do not even know what Walking Dead #1 sells for in any grade.

My point is when the show is over and all the Walking Dead #1's, 27's, 19's come to light there will be more than enough issues to go around for any collector of the comic series do get their hands on at a realistic price.

IMO 5 years from now once the show is over Walking Dead #1 CGC 9.8 will be selling around $500.00 and you have to take into effect just how many more #1's will also be added to that CGC census in the years to come.

(worship) Well put and could not agree more.

I thought I would back it up(not as fervently as TWD posters!!)

£2.20

Ebay £2.20 1st print Revival #1

£8.00 1-4 set

Revival 1-4 £8.00

For a slight sense of balance #1-4 £16.00 (still a poor return)

Revival 1-4 £16.00

Did you miss these deliberately?

Revival 1 & 2 - £15 / $24

and again - £15 ($24)

1 - 4 (£35 / $55)

That's 3 of the last 4 sales on ebay uk (and your 1 - 4 at £16).

Nothing wrong with Revival sales at the moment

I respectfully disagree and here's why.

According to GPA, prices for WD #1 over the summer averaged in the $1500 range:

Screenshot2012-11-07at22252PM.pngScreenshot2012-11-07at22308PM.png

Right about the time the ads started running for the new TV season, it created a short spike. (About the same amount of copies sold in that month and a half as in the previous 2 1/2 months, but at a higher price):

Screenshot2012-11-07at22348PM.pngScreenshot2012-11-07at22413PM.png

It ended right about the time the season started. Since then, it has averaged in the high $1500 range. Right back where it was, but slightly higher:

Screenshot2012-11-07at22436PM.png

That short spike in pricing had to do with the new season, not the true market value of the book. There will be as many, if not a few more sales of the book on GPA this quarter as any other quarter of the year (meaning it's still 'hot' and not 'cooled off'), and based on the data it will sell in the high $1500 range through the rest of the year (meaning that it is slightly above it's current market value before the TV spike).

I agree, there's going to come a point when this book peaks, but Kirkman has said he's got at least 200 issues in him, and the print run continues to go up each month.

They also say, they plan to make a movie when the TV show is over, so... who knows?

Yes, it has 'cooled off' from it's '1 1/2 month spike' from the excitement of the third season of the TV show. That's to be expected. Overall, the book is still hot. It's selling for more than it was before the spike.

Has anyone taken into account that when talking about The Walking Dead comic book we are not solely talking about TWD #1 CGC. There are other Walking Dead books like #2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, ......... 100, 101, 102, 103.

Just a thought. Maybe you can crunch those numbers Chuck.

Quite right too Sir.

Since I am from England, I shall get my butler straight onto it, just as soon as he has finished de-worming the corgis and finished his scones.

But bypassed the trip to the dentist of course.

I thought I would back it up(not as fervently as TWD posters!!)

£2.20

Ebay £2.20 1st print Revival #1

£8.00 1-4 set

Revival 1-4 £8.00

For a slight sense of balance #1-4 £16.00 (still a poor return)

Revival 1-4 £16.00

Did you miss these deliberately?

Revival 1 & 2 - £15 / $24

and again - £15 ($24)

1 - 4 (£35 / $55)

That's 3 of the last 4 sales on ebay uk (and your 1 - 4 at £16).

Nothing wrong with Revival sales at the moment

Perhaps I should add lazy to my user title ;)

I simply put up ALL the recent completed eBay listings in my watched lists( I wasn't being deliberately selective)

Personally, with a more than healthy stash of 1-4 in my collection, nothing would please me or my bank manager (insert naughty word here - wow this forum has funny swear filters!!) to be incorrect.

Quite right too Sir.

Since I am from England, I shall get my butler straight onto it, just as soon as he has finished de-worming the corgis and finished his scones.

But bypassed the trip to the dentist of course.

They have dentists there? :insane:

No.