• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moderns that are losing steam on Ebay

412 posts in this topic

i'd say WD#1 is also "rare" when compared to silver age "keys" as far as quantity goes, not popularity.

i'm not sure i'm following, there are 1000 slabbed copies of TWD #1 in 9.4 or better, which silver age keys have anything even remotely approaching that number? off the top of my head, the most common silver age key in HG is FF #48, there are 200 slabbed at 9.4 or higher

quantity, i did not mention quality :)

I own or have owned at least 7 copies of ff 48 over the years and it isn't even a book I have a fetish for

this thread just turned into SA/GA vs Moderns. :signofftopic:

WHO CARES ABOUT THE DEFINITION OF RARE?!?!?!

Now to get back on topic.... Walking Dead has been losing steam.

Has nothing to with GA/SA vs Moderns.

And as far as WD 'losing steam', GPA says otherwise.

12 month average on 9.8's is at $1378 (72 copies) vs 90 day average up at $1720 (21 copies). Last sale at $1625 ($247 up over yearly avg) No slowing down there, looks like a major up turn.

9.6's are at $892 (67 copies) for the last 12 months compared to $1025 (17 copies) for the last 90 days. Last sale was $871 (down $21 whole $ from the yearly average)

Wouldn't call that losing steam.

9.4's are up for both 12 month and 90 day.

9.2's are up for both 12 month and 90 day.

9.0's and 8.5's the same.

In fact the only 'down' is a 9.8 remarked Tony Moore SS that sold for a $100 less.

Some of you modern guys may actually want to subscribe to the tools of the trade before making some of these bold proclamations.

Last sales are down from the 90 day avg. looks like it's losing a bit of steam. (shrug)

Agreed.

Sales are down if we look at EBay,as most Walking Dead cgc haven`t been making reserve. It could be the Sandy storm or it could be the sellers got a little too greedy. What? Yeah it looks like that Walking Dead #1 cgc 9.4 won`t sell for $1200 now, and that Walking Dead #19 CGC 9.8 won`t be hitting $850 anytime soon. The bubble didn`t pop,but a market correction has begun.

Or we could be going into the holiday season.

Noobs, here's an a tip: There's more to the market than eBay once a week.

Well, I am unsure why anyone seems to be somewhat surprised in a price drop in either Chew #1 or WD #1. Print runs maybe small but there are a large number of high grade copies available. Also, factor in the holidays rapidly approaching, as well as weather conditions in various regions. I know both of these items have been mentioned earlier in the thread, but I agreed with both points. They are both great books and years down the road be recognized as uber modern age keys, but there are only so many people willing to pay $X for either of the books. For the cost of both in CGC 9.8, you can buy a nice SA or BA key for the money, so I think that some collectors, myself included, would rather buy either SA or BA keys instead of these. I say this, as I sold my WD run before the show hit to buy a BA grail for myself.

I agree with part of what you said. I'm a collector and instead of dropping a grand on a WD #1 I'd rather buy a Silver / Bronze age key (Hulk 181, Silver Surfer 1, Iron Man 1, etc).

Ryan

Nail on Head.

12 month average on 9.8's is at $1378 (72 copies) vs 90 day average up at $1720 (21 copies). Last sale at $1625 ($247 up over yearly avg) No slowing down there, looks like a major up turn.

9.6's are at $892 (67 copies) for the last 12 months compared to $1025 (17 copies) for the last 90 days. Last sale was $871 (down $21 whole $ from the yearly average)

In fact the only 'down' is a 9.8 remarked Tony Moore SS that sold for a $100 less.

Some of you modern guys may actually want to subscribe to the tools of the trade before making some of these bold proclamations.

Last sales are down from the 90 day avg. looks like it's losing a bit of steam. (shrug)

Agreed.

Sales are down if we look at EBay,as most Walking Dead cgc haven`t been making reserve. It could be the Sandy storm or it could be the sellers got a little too greedy. What? Yeah it looks like that Walking Dead #1 cgc 9.4 won`t sell for $1200 now, and that Walking Dead #19 CGC 9.8 won`t be hitting $850 anytime soon. The bubble didn`t pop,but a market correction has begun.

Some of us noobs know that.

But there are noobs and n00bs.

The Walking Dead has gone kaput!

Yup .......$1600 - $1800 for a $2.99 comic just 10 years old is a disaster.

What ya going to do when My Little Pony collapses?

Get a grip - jeez.

Oh and the funniest thing is that news has been announced in the last 6 months about comics that are already being filmed - and the interest is Zero.

Lead a horse to water and all that...

Get a grip - jeez.

Oh and the funniest thing is that news has been announced in the last 6 months about comics that are already being filmed - and the interest is Zero.

2ed5w8j.gif

Agreed.

As a powerseller on EBay since 1997 giving me tips and alluding I am a noob is laughable. When did you become the Walking Dead expert? :baiting:

Oh yeah I been a member of gpanalysis for three years so enough of that pompous spouting about I have GPA data and youse don`t :blahblah:.

The truth is the Walking Deads are having a market correction. Not really bad for the Walking Deads comic books overall, but could be the beginning of the end for all the highly speculated Image noob books. I am starting to hear a bubble about to pop. :gossip:

Sending plenty of noob speculators to sell thier Image number one variants on Ebay for less than what they thought they were going to get. ;)

Agreed.

As a powerseller on EBay since 1997 giving me tips and alluding I am a noob is laughable. When did you become the Walking Dead expert? :baiting:

Oh yeah I been a member of gpanalysis for three years so enough of that pompous spouting about I have GPA data and youse don`t :blahblah:.

The truth is the Walking Deads are having a market correction. Not really bad for the Walking Deads comic books overall, but could be the beginning of the end for all the highly speculated Image noob books. I am starting to hear a bubble about to pop. :gossip:

Sending plenty of noob speculators to sell thier Image number one variants on Ebay for less than what they thought they were going to get. ;)

Show your work. Show us the proof of a market correction.

New X-men 128 seems to be a time to buy, Its down currently from a few months back.

The book is constantly sought after in terms of collectibility so I would agree. (thumbs u

i was surprised at the lack of interest in 129 here though.

when i packaged sets of 128 and 129 on ebay they sold briskly though, but that was a while back.

Get a grip - jeez.

2ed5w8j.gif

131727.jpg.06eeee28ecd067ff4eee98fbe82e3d9b.jpg

Agreed.

You must have 3 months of statistics to verify what everyone has already noticed. Otherwise, you are a n00b. (shrug)