• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moderns that are losing steam on Ebay

412 posts in this topic

I doubt if I would really. I've already sold a full run including four copies of #19, it was fun while I built the run but that ship has sailed.

I hate to say it but Walking Dead #1 is starting to come down pretty fast. CGC 9.6 for under $1000 raw NM/MT for under $800 :o

I don't know, the third season just started and from what I hear its been good so far. If they do something crazy (like kill Rick) then I bet you, prices will continue to go up......

IMHO

revival was hurting bad, but with the nbc thing should see a :) "revival". Thief of thieves had stalled, but seems to be finding its second legs

Chew i think is the one that is the most at risk.

Havent noticed walking dead falling, but the argument can be made that the few really high sales were the aberration, not the current ones.

I am not sure if this past week, and also the upcoming week or so is going to be a good gauge for any market - With millions losing power, and their homes, it has to have some effect.

That's a great point, Sandy has got to have some effect on buying trends

i was without power for most of the week. i just made the mistake of going to look at completed listings for Dead Slabs. Ugh. frustrating that some of them ended as low as they did.

if anyone is looking to dump their 9.6/9.8 Dead's of issues 2 through 10, drop me a line

I was hoping Vengeance of Bane would have started to fall by now so I could replace my copy but it seems to be holding out.

i think only the highest grades are holding up (likely cause they were overpaid for in the summer), i think that's definitely a good candidate to go into long term decline.

Great time to buy IMO these books will be hot by seasons end

Agreed. If anything, I think any potential lull in sales is more a result of a sudden glut on the market from all of the speculators. Season 3 starts, and everyone dumps their #1s, 19s, 27s, 33s, 48s on eBay in an attempt to cash in on the return of the show, and the first on-screen appearance of the Governor. For a rare book, there are quite a few #1s on the 'bay right now...the most that I can recall seeing on the 'bay all at one time. Demand for these issues isn't down...the supply is just artificially up at the moment. IMO, great time to buy if you are still looking. I expect prices to peak again right as the 1st half of the season comes to an end.

Just my 2c

Agreed. If anything, I think any potential lull in sales is more a result of a sudden glut on the market from all of the speculators. Season 3 starts, and everyone dumps their #1s, 19s, 27s, 33s, 48s on eBay in an attempt to cash in on the return of the show, and the first on-screen appearance of the Governor. For a rare book, there are quite a few #1s on the 'bay right now...the most that I can recall seeing on the 'bay all at one time. Demand for these issues isn't down...the supply is just artificially up at the moment. IMO, great time to buy if you are still looking. I expect prices to peak again right as the 1st half of the season comes to an end.

Just my 2c

lol

Just my 2c

lol

Care to elaborate...?

lol

Care to elaborate...?

i would guess he is laughing at the idea of any modern as "rare". Rare is a a relative word, which is why it leads to arguments.

WD is Rare compared to higher print run moderns, but common compared to golden age books, etc etc....