• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

**Emerald City Comic Con --March 1-3**

287 posts in this topic

Taking BoltBus down from Vancouver at 1130 Sat morning, probably be there around 3. Hope to see some of you there, or at the boardie dinner!

Nothing left to buy except sloppy seconds from greggy and joeypost :wishluck: who raided dealer set up. :frustrated:

Stan and Laurel Hardy strike again.

Laurel_Hardy.jpg

I just realized no one under 30 even knows who they are/were. :cry:

I do and I'm under thirty.

Under thirty what?

He's referring to his IQ.

If I were looking for something similar to your opinion, I would have farted.

I'm sitting in a killer diner choosing pork chops. Going to crash hard. Started getting sick Thursday and was completely wrecked this morning, but recovered enough for the show. Killer show and met some boardies. Eating then crashing...

I'm sitting in a killer diner choosing pork chops. Going to crash hard. Started getting sick Thursday and was completely wrecked this morning, but recovered enough for the show. Killer show and met some boardies. Eating then crashing...

But did you meet Jimmy?

Wow, Dead-Fool, I don't feel so bad that I'm still stuck at the airport waiting for my plane to arrive so I can hopefully get to the show by the time the doors open... See everyone there!

I'm glad I could brighten your day. :) Its all good though I had an amazing day at the con and chilling with Menace and crew was then perfect way to unwind.

Fri. took 1.5 hr to get in if u prepaid for tix online. We 3 paid cash for Fri. tix, so only 10 min line up to scoot in.

Square footage doubled. Less sweating but still strong crowd, strong retail sales.

nowhere men CBLDF issue now $50 from booth, not $10 donation.

Met Jamie Graham Cracker, chatted with Vintage Roy, J. Hauser in good spirits, Joeypost about to go back to his hotel for a nap with greggy :gossip: , as I did not see greggy once at con floor,

Lots of costumed gals with implants, anime crowd happy. 1 hr line up at Cheesecake Factory for dinner.

Bought a h/c Pr Valiant Gianni book from Flesk Publications. Got it signed by Mike Mignola who wrote intro. Short 5 min line up for Mignola. Long 35 min line for Chris Claremont, as ppl had short box of Byrne, Cockrum X-men for him to sign.

Layout a bit confusing moving from Alternate Press expanded section (Strawberry Shortcake artist was there, greggy) to mainstream comic, model kit, CBLF, Image, IDW side.

Saw Hotflips exhausted from time change from UK comicon 5 days ago.

Overall 10 out of 10 COMIC book convention, good lighting, crowd control but things may amp up with Sat's sold out show.

HIGHLEY recommended con with Greg Reece, Bob Storms, Harley's posse all with great vintage comics. Bud Plant had lots of art books, Flesk Publications, etc.

I hurt soooo bad...the crowds today were insane. couldn't hardly move to get books signed and some things weren't worth even getting in line for unless you had all day. Got sigs from Larry Hama, Neal Adams and Dennis O'Neil with some help from Menace so that completed my sig series. There is just too stinking much to do...fortunately tomorrow is my slow meander day. Should be nice to check things out with no pressure(except to my already broken wallet).

Fun day at the con! I bought a full pass but did not make it Friday. Took about 20 minutes to get in when arriving at 11:00. Thanks Jbud73 for stopping me to say hi! I have been away from the forum here for so long that I was surprised anyone recognized me from way back when I was more involved and went to all the CGC Forum dinners.

I really don't buy much in the way of comics at the cons since everything I am interested in I can usually find cheaper on Ebay, but then again I don't buy high dollar items.

Not a huge amount of comic dealers from my point of view. Overall I'd say back issue comics accounted for maybe 10% of floor space, maybe even less. Still there were plenty of dealers there. The ECCC Walking Dead exclusive sold out at the Image booth the first 15 minutes of the day, so I was a loser there. Tim Vigil was drawing nice pencil sketches on all copies of Faust #14 and #15 and I picked up those. I bought a few t-shirts, just had fun. Nothing too serious. These days I just walk around impulse buying whatever looks cool and keep my comic purchases mostly on Ebay. That has worked well for me.

Onward to Sunday.....

I think that ECCC has reached the point where it's on par to be the San Diego of the season. It's huge, attracts all sorts of media guests, panels, artists, and the crowds are bigger and bigger each year. The only trouble I see is that the convention center has been maxed out now - not any more places this could be held in Seattle.

Great show this year (crazy big time now). There was just so much to see that I'm glad I spent two days here. As others have mentioned, the WD books were hard to get but I think the Sex variant will be even harder to get. Nowhere men was the hot book for sigs at the show and I managed to get a few sketches (after all these years I finally started a sketch book). There were back issues and backsides everywhere (some great costumes). Overall - a great show.