• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

**Emerald City Comic Con --March 1-3**

287 posts in this topic

I agree that back issue comic vendors may have "only" been 10% of the square footage of the main hall, but the quality vintage comics, ERB fanzines, model kits, anime import art books, 1/2 off graphic novels, $1 bulk sellers were all out in force.

ECC is a mainstream and alternative press <3 COMIC-centric con still. Good crowd control with the media guest line up in different halls a la Wizard Chicago.

Friday, only 4 ppl in line up for N. Adams against the wall tables. Still loves to discuss his continental drift-back theory of the Earth will all padiwans.

Basically keep on walking the 4 floors of the con until you drop. NASA kids area was fun with 3D like promo post cards of outer space. Legoland vast display with STNG the Borg's massive Lego-cube blew my mind!

Forgot to go to gaming room on 3rd floor, as too much to see on different floors in every corner to investigate, take pics of booth babes :luhv: , chat with Harley's posse, etc.

Even saw Joe Verenault chatting with all his dealer buds from Chicago, NJ, NYC. May have been his 1st time to Seattle's ECC. :headbang:

what a great show, man. totally worth my trip up from puerto rico. even the weather wasn't so bad. between sightseeing, bar hopping, couple of shows and the con, this was an amazing experience. i was thinking of going to san diego later this year, but after seeing how well this con was organized and how many people were there, i think i'll just start planning for next year's.

Another fantastic ECCC is in the books! This is by far the best show I attend all year and beats SDCC hands down. Toast is in the airport waiting for his flight, tired as hell but we'll worth all of the illness I endured all weekend. Post con report to follow.

this year was fun vip pass really helps though honestly half the trouble is just walking through all the people :S I got everyone of my books signed by who i wanted too it was great :)

Chris Claremont

Ethan Van Sciver

Tony Moore

& Charlie Adlard

:)

managed to pick up my sketch from menace & happened to run into beachbum which was fun

This place is crazy! A double snaking line around the building to get in. The con has tripled in size.

I wonder if that is the one i saw from my hotel (sheriton) it went around the street all the way up into some park or something ... could see green shirts minions sticking out randomly through the line

I'm sitting in a killer diner choosing pork chops. Going to crash hard. Started getting sick Thursday and was completely wrecked this morning, but recovered enough for the show. Killer show and met some boardies. Eating then crashing...

But did you meet Jimmy?

No, I did not meet Mr Linguinii. Someone said to look out for the guy with his hat on backward, but I felt that description was fairly vague.

I'm sitting in a killer diner choosing pork chops. Going to crash hard. Started getting sick Thursday and was completely wrecked this morning, but recovered enough for the show. Killer show and met some boardies. Eating then crashing...

But did you meet Jimmy?

No, I did not meet Mr Linguinii. Someone said to look out for the guy with his hat on backward, but I felt that description was fairly vague.

I'm too good looking in public to wear hats.

Am looking for an Adventure Time Emerald City Comic Con variant. Who is going to help me out? I can trade you an Awesome Con DC one....

If I get one - no problem. They had a few variants last year. Just one?

Yep, just one - not greedy. For my own set. (thumbs u

I see you bought one of these.

Another ECCC in the books. This year was a decent year for me. Buying was good, met a lot of new boardies and was even (gasp) talked into getting in line for some modern variant madness.

I think I may try this con next year. I've seen nothing but positive posts

way too many people at the con its at the point where there are parts in the con where you simply can not move anyplace several times where i just headed to the nearest exit because of this for fear of being trampled to death (shrug) (surprised its not happened yet at a con)

way too many people at the con its at the point where there are parts in the con where you simply can not move anyplace several times where i just headed to the nearest exit because of this for fear of being trampled to death (shrug) (surprised its not happened yet at a con)

I completely disagree. To me, it was San Diego minus the original art. If you're an indie fan or fan of everything but the big two, this is the best con in the country. I truly think that. I've been to dozens all around, and this year in particular was well orchestrated, it had a great layout, decent panels (but could be improved), great location, decent weather. I truly loved it, dude.

I thought it was very well organized for the size. There were a few hiccups and some hings I wish they did differently but otherwise I more than got my monies worth. The crowds were a little hard to deal with at times but almost everyone was friendly and respectful, even when I accidently ran them over. I wish they would either increase the VIP numbers or up the price though. 125 at $250 just isn't enough with an attendance of 70+k. I think I spent over half the con just standing in lines for sigs.

I thought it was very well organized for the size. There were a few hiccups and some hings I wish they did differently but otherwise I more than got my monies worth. The crowds were a little hard to deal with at times but almost everyone was friendly and respectful, even when I accidently ran them over. I wish they would either increase the VIP numbers or up the price though. 125 at $250 just isn't enough with an attendance of 70+k. I think I spent over half the con just standing in lines for sigs.

It was nice talking to you over drinks. (thumbs u

Another ECCC in the books. This year was a decent year for me. Buying was good, met a lot of new boardies and was even (gasp) talked into getting in line for some modern variant madness.

Welcome to my world. lol

Seeing you in the SEX line looking through your Walking Dead pickup made me laugh.

It was nice talking to you over drinks. (thumbs u

I feel the same...those sketches you showed us are amazing! Glad I got the chance to see them.

Glad I made the trip out from New York for this show, we'll worth it. My friend lived like a five minute walk from the con, so that helped greatly. I am glad I only went Friday and Sunday, as Saturday would have wiped me out mentally with the crowds. Did my first signature series run at this show, and hope all is successful. My personal opinion of the show was that is well run, compared to the New York, it did get a little crazy at times, like the mad dash for the WD variant. I figured if I was going to get one might as well do it up big, got Charlie Adlard to do a Michonne head sketch on the black back in green pen. Lots of small independent comic companies at this show, which is nice change of pace, a few mentions of note goes to Nate Bellegarde, Joelle Jones, Cullen Bunn, Tony Moore and new friend Eric Basaldua. Till next year, can't wait!

Welcome to my world. lol

Seeing you in the SEX line looking through your Walking Dead pickup made me laugh.

So you're saying Joey went all the way to ECCC just to buy some sex? :o

:insane:

I completely disagree. To me, it was San Diego minus the original art. If you're an indie fan or fan of everything but the big two, this is the best con in the country. I truly think that. I've been to dozens all around, and this year in particular was well orchestrated, it had a great layout, decent panels (but could be improved), great location, decent weather. I truly loved it, dude.

I agree that it was a terrific show over all.

San Diego foot traffic is much worse.

It's similar to San Diego in that it doesn't have as many comics as say, a show like NYC but it was impressive none the less.

I did have a few complaints about the show.

1) the convention centre is a little small, unless you like your show split up into different rooms and floors. For instance, creators and artists seemed to be split into two different areas. ???

2) they did a terrible job of placing vintage dealers together. It was almost as if they went out of their way to separate them all. Some in one corner, some in another, some behind the Stylin' T-shirt building.

I had a blast. I did get a ton of mileage out of my VIP badge, only missing out on Wil and Felicia on Sunday due to number of people in line. I managed to be first in line for Garth Ennis, but had a two and a half hour to do so. lol Next year maybe I will try to hit up the boardies dinner. I ran out of spending money by Sunday morning so didn't hit up the cheap bins like I planned, but did leave with Sex and WD exclusives. All in all a great time. Already excited for next year.