• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS #1

967 posts in this topic

So it appears that the high bidder is not going to pay for the ended auction Star Wars #1 (1977) CGC 9.8 $2175, and has not replied to contact through the ebay system.

High bidder was cous_marc

marcus cousins

67862 oak lane

Charlotte, NC

Name connected to this address appears to be fake, similar location & MO to other shill/non-paying bidders gathered in the thread HERE.

2nd highest bidder declined purchase of book via email, appears to be unrelated to the high bidder at least by location and their bidding history did not show running up Star Wars 1(or any other slabs) prices.

I may have some more info after 2nd Chance offer to the next two bidders but will wait until that is completed.

I have already contacted GPA and requested sale be removed from the record.

Update

Second Chance Offer was extended to 3rd highest bidder, received no response to offer or ebay email.

Interesting notes about this bidder:

*Same zip code as the winning non-paying bidder

*Over the past few months listed a copy of Star Wars #1 CGC 9.8 and sold it three times. First two are not in the GPA so it appears to be not paid for results, third sale is in GPA. Caught up in the thrill bidding scam or part of it?

*Has a copy of Star Wars #1 CBCS 9.8 ending on ebay tonight, were they looking to replace their sold CGC copy by bidding on mine or trying to protect ending auction price of their book?

hm

So it appears that the high bidder is not going to pay for the ended auction Star Wars #1 (1977) CGC 9.8 $2175, and has not replied to contact through the ebay system.

High bidder was cous_marc

marcus cousins

67862 oak lane

Charlotte, NC

Name connected to this address appears to be fake, similar location & MO to other shill/non-paying bidders gathered in the thread HERE.

2nd highest bidder declined purchase of book via email, appears to be unrelated to the high bidder at least by location and their bidding history did not show running up Star Wars 1(or any other slabs) prices.

I may have some more info after 2nd Chance offer to the next two bidders but will wait until that is completed.

I have already contacted GPA and requested sale be removed from the record.

Update

Second Chance Offer was extended to 3rd highest bidder, received no response to offer or ebay email.

*Over the past few months listed a copy of Star Wars #1 CGC 9.8 and sold it three times. First two are not in the GPA so it appears to be not paid for results, third sale is in GPA. Caught up in the thrill bidding scam or part of it?

*Has a copy of Star Wars #1 CBCS 9.8 ending on ebay tonight, were they looking to replace their sold CGC copy by bidding on mine or trying to protect ending auction price of their book?

hm

Last update unless something else happens. Extended 2nd chance offer to 4th highest bidder, no response. Guess the bidder's location.

Yup, Charlotte NC again.

A 9.8 sold for $1300.00 but it wasn't a CGC graded book. It was on FeeBay. The grading company had these letters in it BSCC.

He is this guy-

hm

A 9.8 sold for $1300.00 but it wasn't a CGC graded book. It was on FeeBay. The grading company had these letters in it BSCC.

He is this guy-

hm

Then it will be interesting to see what happens on HA when the book is up for bid soon.

Here's a single page you can bookmark for the full CGC census history for Star Wars #1.

It will automatically update with each week's updates.

http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/search/comicid/570

Here's the 35cent price variant, while we're at it:

http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/search/comicid/11297

I love me some data! Thanks for sharing! Still can't believe that in less than 5 years over 191 9.8's were submitted! I really wish that there was a better way of tracking these books. Albeit, the overall data quality of this metadata is garbage. If a books gets submitted as a 9.6 blue label, someone presses it and it gets resubmitted as a 9.8, the 9.6 count doesn't go down. I say they insert an RFID tag inside of every book for proper tracking and to increase the data integrity overall.

Here's a single page you can bookmark for the full CGC census history for Star Wars #1.

It will automatically update with each week's updates.

http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/search/comicid/570

Here's the 35cent price variant, while we're at it:

http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/search/comicid/11297

I love me some data! Thanks for sharing! Still can't believe that in less than 5 years over 191 9.8's were submitted! I really wish that there was a better way of tracking these books. Albeit, the overall data quality of this metadata is garbage. If a books gets submitted as a 9.6 blue label, someone presses it and it gets resubmitted as a 9.8, the 9.6 count doesn't go down. I say they insert an RFID tag inside of every book for proper tracking and to increase the data integrity overall.

..... and more importantly, how many 9.8's have been re-submitted in hopes of that elusive 9.9 (which could represent quite the payday....) ? GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I had a graded 9.6 copy listed on Feebay for about a month and had a lot of resistance at the $500 mark. The offers were around $350-400 and few and far between. I saw quite a few sold listing at the $600+ mark and have a hard time believing they were legit. I finally ended up selling the book here on the boards for around that $500 mark.

I had a graded 9.6 copy listed on Feebay for about a month and had a lot of resistance at the $500 mark. The offers were around $350-400 and few and far between. I saw quite a few sold listing at the $600+ mark and have a hard time believing they were legit. I finally ended up selling the book here on the boards for around that $500 mark.

I let my 9.6 fly on eBay about 3 months back and it sold for $510. legit sale. so I would say that is the mark for 9.6 copies.

I let my 9.6 fly on eBay about 3 months back and it sold for $510. legit sale. so I would say that is the mark for 9.6 copies.

Agreed

I love How this guy tries to make it sound like there's something special about it being a 'NEWSSTAND' edition. lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-1977-Marvel-1-30CNEWSSTAND-CGC-9-8-0247431005-/361351152086?hash=item54223501d6

This has been the trend for well over a year now across the board with all comics, where have you been? :baiting: And that's Conan's book, and a nice one at that.

I love How this guy tries to make it sound like there's something special about it being a 'NEWSSTAND' edition. lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-1977-Marvel-1-30CNEWSSTAND-CGC-9-8-0247431005-/361351152086?hash=item54223501d6

This has been the trend for well over a year now across the board with all comics, where have you been? :baiting: And that's Conan's book, and a nice one at that.

Oh, I've known about this kind of sellers tactic for awhile now, I just find this trend of advertising newstands from this era as rare is funny is all. :grin: