• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS #1

967 posts in this topic

I demonstrated multiple examples of shilling on this book scores of pages back and in two or three different time periods, with multiple examples. I could not even begin to dig through this thread for those posts (and the links would now be useless anyway since they went to ebay).

-J.

No you didn't. You just keep blowing off sales as shilled with zero evidence.

Are you the 'shiller' on Clink? I suggest you don't know what the heII you are talking about. You lost all credibility with this Epic fail thread

lol ...and yet Star Wars 1 is back down to a $1000 book (and falling?) and both Marvel Preview 4 and 7 are at about one-third their peak, post-shill values as well. hm

You seem like an angry and overly defensive fellow- particularly when it comes to Star Wars. Might I suggest taking a walk in the sunshine sometime?

-J.

Wrong, but why don't you actually pay for GPA and have some information and not just 'speculate'. (thumbs u

I have GPA. I see that last sale of $1000 from Sunday, do you? Or is this an optical illusion?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-1-CGC-9-8-/322007502869?hash=item4af9249015:g:5t4AAOSwG-1Wv0W~

Do you see all those red arrows pointing down since the movie came out and the speculators and shillers bailed? Do you see all those expired listings on ebay for the book? No one is buying. That's why prices are plummeting. This has happened with every single book that I have observed with that kind of bizarre market activity. And unfortunately it won't be the last.

-J.

I demonstrated multiple examples of shilling on this book scores of pages back and in two or three different time periods, with multiple examples. I could not even begin to dig through this thread for those posts (and the links would now be useless anyway since they went to ebay).

-J.

Are you the 'shiller' on Clink? I suggest you don't know what the heII you are talking about. You lost all credibility with this Epic fail thread

lol ...and yet Star Wars 1 is back down to a $1000 book (and falling?) and both Marvel Preview 4 and 7 are at about one-third their peak, post-shill values as well. hm

You seem like an angry and overly defensive fellow- particularly when it comes to Star Wars. Might I suggest taking a walk in the sunshine sometime?

-J.

Wrong, but why don't you actually pay for GPA and have some information and not just 'speculate'. (thumbs u

I have GPA. I see that last sale of $1000 from Sunday, do you? Or is this an optical illusion?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-1-CGC-9-8-/322007502869?hash=item4af9249015:g:5t4AAOSwG-1Wv0W~

Do you see all those red arrows pointing down since the movie came out and the speculators and shillers bailed? Do you see all those expired listings on ebay for the book? No one is buying. That's why prices are plummeting. This has happened with every single book that I have observed with that kind of bizarre market activity. And unfortunately it won't be the last.

-J.

Are there sales lower than 1000 or can this be the outlier.

-J.

-J.

-J.

No sales lower. Although listings have been sitting at $1200 and $1300, so $1000 might be right about where it's settling at for the time being at least.

-J.

I would like to know the definition of shilling that is being used by the people claiming shilling. The definition I know about says shilling requires a collaboration between the buyer and seller and I haven't seen any proof of this. Books rising in value and books dropping in value do not point to shilling.

Please, tell us how you are defining shilling so those of us who don't see it can at least understand.

-J.

But is this not always the normal trend for all short movie or TV hyped related comic book:

Buy on the rumors and sell on the news

It has always seem that the best time to sell a movie hyped book is just before the movie is released. If you wait until the movie comes out, then it's already too late as the book has already started to drop in price by then. hm

The only exception to this would be movies that were expected to do bad, but surprised to the upside by a significant margin. The example here would be Guardians of the Galaxy which help to propel the price of their related books further up for a few more months before they started moving back down.

One thing to point out.

Movie hyped comics may go down in price,but they never go back to pre-hyped movie prices.

Once they are discovered in the dollar box before a movie announcement they will never go back to being a dollar.

Never is a tough word.

Jonah Hex comes to mind.

Look at the price of All Star Western in 9.4

I reviewed this whole thread and didn't notice one of these posted. I just picked it up.

Star_Wars1_Indonesian_zpseosnhxrt.jpg

I was in Indonesia when Star Wars came out so this special variant has special meaning. What's crazy is that the cover and entire issue were redrawn by Jan Mindaraga. This is one of the most unique comics I've ever run across.

Rarer than the 35 cent edition?

I reviewed this whole thread and didn't notice one of these posted. I just picked it up.

I was in Indonesia when Star Wars came out so this special variant has special meaning. What's crazy is that the cover and entire issue were redrawn by Jan Mindaraga. This is one of the most unique comics I've ever run across.

Cool find. Here is my blog about that comic (and the other 2 comics in the series):

http://swcomiccollector.blogspot.com/2015/04/retro-foreign-indonesian-star-wars-part_6.html

Indonesia has a plethora of unique Star Wars comics.

Edited by rjrjr

Cool find. Here is my blog about that comic (and the other 2 comics in the series):

http://swcomiccollector.blogspot.com/2015/04/retro-foreign-indonesian-star-wars-part_6.html

Indonesia has a plethora of unique Star Wars comics.

Quite informative! Need to find more of these!

-J.

-J.

-J.

No sales lower. Although listings have been sitting at $1200 and $1300, so $1000 might be right about where it's settling at for the time being at least.

-J.

An all time new low was recently put in. A CGC 9.8 SS SW #1 fetched $861

I think Chaykin's sig actually hurt that book in final price. Or maybe it is going to keep plummeting. Wasn't this the most subbed book from all of 2015?

Just noticed the winning bidder had multiple bids but no one else wanted it higher. As a seller I really like the BIN with Best Offer style but you setting auto reject for anything below minimum selling price. The potential buyer still gets a bidding like experience and you are getting a free reserve. Also with Star Wars, 9.8 slabs, in particular- they do much much better on BINs vs. bidding style.

Given how prices ramped overnight I would not be surprised if this was most slabbed book for last year.

I think Chaykin's sig actually hurt that book in final price. Or maybe it is going to keep plummeting. Wasn't this the most subbed book from all of 2015?

A Chaykin only sig on that book most definitely made it at most equally desirable as a Blue Label, and most likely less desirable for two key reasons - with Chaykin on, it becomes useless as a Celebrity Yellow label book (many Celebrity SS collectors like celebs only) and you are already excluding the Blue only market.