• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

What was it again...we gave up too quick? :)

lol I had no idea but that sounds right.

You guys ran in there and Stu'd it up before you built reps and then quickly hit resistance and gave up.

Pretty much. They nuked everything that was funny. My Avengers Shawarma thread was awesome. :sumo:

The cool thing is that we have IDs that are now almost two years old.

I cast threadomancy on my fish thread

:roflmao: hugenerd

Are you calling me a huge nerd or do you want to hug a nerd?

Or both?

Yes

I'll check if my user ID still works over at chow.com

Was your ID BlowUpTheMoon?

Wasn't it ProtectTheMoon? lol

lol

I don't remember. I thought it was just you, me and Bill over there.

I think Blowie should definitely do The Irish Times thing. That would be funny as hell and make a nice sandbox for us to play in. I got first dibs on the bucket and shovel. :)

Moderation Butthurt on Chow

lol

Some things don't change.

It's not a steady thing.

You'll post hundreds of times without a problem. Then eventually some topic will hit close to home, and you'll post with passion and conviction... too much passion and conviction. Or someone will you off and you'll go just a bit too far in telling them they're wrong. Or, worse, you'll someone else off and they'll go out of their way to pick at you and harass you in ways that are only really obvious to you until telling em plainly to f*** off is worth the deletion/temporary banishment to you. Then for a while a mod or the mods collectively will decide you're a problem and pick over even your more well-meant posts with an eye out for potential conflict. You'll get deleted over and over again - and your annoyance will be increasingly obvious in your posts, earning even more deletions. You'll think about quitting CH (or maybe even do quit posting). Then the posters who annoyed you will stop posting and/or you'll even come to like or grudgingly admire some of them and the mods will forget about you and you'll post many times without censure. Then your beloved cat will die and some poor sucker arguing that western society is crumbling due to widespread reinterpretation of Eggs Benedict will seem momentarily like Hitler re-incarnate. Then the cycle starts over again.

Or I guess you could just be a big sweetheart who never gets riled up. But if not... forget it, Jake. it's the internet,

Edited by Ditch Fahrenheit

If you blow up the moon this will totally screw up the tides. Not to mention all the shrapnel.

If you blow up the moon this will totally screw up the tides. Not to mention all the shrapnel.

Yes, the world would be unrecognizable afterward: coastlines would change, new weather patterns would emerge, millions would die.

But on the upside, my lunar-induced migraines would go away. So I say go for it...blow the mother up.

Or try the Space 1999 method.