• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

The guesses I made were wrong and the one I did not make was right! So here is another guess

5) Bill Willingham

+0 :)

:sorry:

The thrill of victory and the agony of my feet.

Edited by Bird

There's a small city about 20 minutes from us. We usually go daily to pick something up for supper. My wife usually drives. I needed diesel so we took my work truck. She needed a stamp so I tried to pull into the shopping center to the PO but, turned too quick, and ended up in a bank parking lot. I whipped my truck around, and took the correct entrance. 2 minutes later, a bunch of cops swarmed the bank. It was on the news that night, they had been robbed. I don't think I saw him but, the timing had to be real close. I don't think they caught him yet.

Who ever identifies this individual will get DPJr. bonus points, do they have any value you might ask? Who knows!! I sure don't.

Freas-photo1_zpsa4dc7939.jpg

Frank Kelly Freas

Edited by Griff

Who ever identifies this individual will get DPJr. bonus points, do they have any value you might ask? Who knows!! I sure don't.

Freas-photo1_zpsa4dc7939.jpg

Frank Kelly Freas

You are correct good sir. Would you like your prize in comic coins, or DPJr. points? Also what is your favorite cover by him? Mine is my avatar.

I will take the DPJr points :) I think they will be worth more in the long run. As for his work I like some of his stuff from Analog Magazine, love the queen cover he did "news of the world" and I one day would love to buy some of the original art the family has for sale on his tribute page ;) "If I hit the lotto" I think I even have a spelljammer book or two with his art on it :)

This piece is called Rumble in the woods. I just love the bald guys expression :) If that face doesn't say "I'm gonna open a can of whoop-*ss on you I don't know what does :)

0330a.JPG

There's a small city about 20 minutes from us. We usually go daily to pick something up for supper. My wife usually drives. I needed diesel so we took my work truck. She needed a stamp so I tried to pull into the shopping center to the PO but, turned too quick, and ended up in a bank parking lot. I whipped my truck around, and took the correct entrance. 2 minutes later, a bunch of cops swarmed the bank. It was on the news that night, they had been robbed. I don't think I saw him but, the timing had to be real close. I don't think they caught him yet.

You check the back of your truck?

hm I will in the morning. :)

I will take the DPJr points :) I think they will be worth more in the long run. As for his work I like some of his stuff from Analog Magazine, love the queen cover he did "news of the world" and I one day would love to buy some of the original art the family has for sale on his tribute page ;) "If I hit the lotto" I think I even have a spelljammer book or two with his art on it :)

This piece is called Rumble in the woods. I just love the bald guys expression :) If that face doesn't say "I'm gonna open a can of whoop-*ss on you I don't know what does :)

0330a.JPG

Good stuff, I've actually decided to try and track down the cover he did for "Fantastic Universe" in 1955, and was actually the inspiration for Algis Brudrys "Who?" novel, and even did another painting similar for the later printing of the book. And for your points!You get +5

DeadPoolJr.'s BONUS POINT Score Board

Griff-5

fu_5504.jpg

budrys_algis_who.jpg

hm I will in the morning. :)

:D