• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

Grading Game Proposal

So here's how I propose it would work:

1) I announce that a new grading round is coming up in 5 minutes.

2) After exactly 5 minutes, I post the round.  The round will consist of one front and one back scan/pic of a single comic book.

3) Players will have exactly 5 minutes to post their grade guesses.  At the end of 5 minutes, I will post a STOP sign.  No guesses will be accepted after the STOP sign.

4) I will then reveal the CGC scan/pic showing the grade.

5) One point will be awarded to the closest guess.  In the event of a tie, one point will be awarded to each player.

What do you think?

21 minutes ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

Grading Game Proposal

2) After exactly 5 minutes, I post the round.  The round will consist of one front and one back scan/pic of a single comic book.

3) Players will have exactly 5 minutes to post their grade guesses.  At the end of 5 minutes, I will post a STOP sign.  No guesses will be accepted after the STOP sign.

5) One point will be awarded to the closest guess.  In the event of a tie, one point will be awarded to each player.

What do you think?

This game skill will consider myself qualified for CGC grading job!

Edited by JollyComics

49 minutes ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

Grading Game Proposal

What do you think?

Go for it. I'll play if I'm online Ditch.

5 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Anxious times all round Paul. Every sniffle makes you worry doesn't it. Keep going mate, it's all we can do.

While I'm here, a massive THANK YOU to @Ditch Fahrenheit for keeping us entertained here while everyone else is banging on about the virus. Keep it up Ditch (thumbsu

clap.gif.81aa1db020943c9b5d911079ad9c4558.gif

Yes, thanks for putting in the time and effort. I like to pop in now and then, it's a respite from all the projects my wife finds for me to do while I'm stuck at home.

1 minute ago, jaeldubyoo said:

Yes, thanks for putting in the time and effort. I like to pop in now and then, it's a respite from all the projects my wife finds for me to do while I'm stuck at home.

Yes, they're good at that aren't they. Two days into lockdown. Only 3 months to go :eek:

51 minutes ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

Grading Game Proposal

What do you think?

PS - I don't have tons of before and after scans laying around, so the pics in 2) above would be cropped HA pics without wedges.

I think this might actually be a good thing, since a lot of people are a little shy about their grading abilities.  In other words, this game has a LOT of guessing involved (you are viewing the book through the case), AND it's timed.  And, obviously, as we all know, you can't ACTUALLY grade a book without having it 'in hand.'  So this game is just for fun, and no one should be shy about posting a grade.

2 minutes ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

PS - I don't have tons of before and after scans laying around, so the pics in 2) above would be cropped HA pics without wedges.

I think this might actually be a good thing, since a lot of people are a little shy about their grading abilities.  In other words, this game has a LOT of guessing involved (you are viewing the book through the case), AND it's timed.  And, obviously, as we all know, you can't ACTUALLY grade a book without having it 'in hand.'  So this game is just for fun, and no one should be shy about posting a grade.

If CGC graders can do it, anyone can. Let's have one then.