• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Book Men 11-11-12

28 posts in this topic

Now this was a good episode. I especially liked Ming selling comics outside of the shop as it reminded me of River City Comics in LaCrosse, Wisconsin selling thier comics 4/1.00. I still think I have most of my purchase in a yellow faded long box. This was back in 1986/87 and the one comic that sticks out is a Fantastic Four #50.

Sorry for making a new thread but before this the show just wasnt very good!

This was probably the best episode they've had.

I'd like to see something worth $100 come in the door for sale, though.

Unlike every other episode, I actually enjoyed this one. (thumbs u

Was the checklist complete?

Did they rip someone off.

Did someone come in for something and leave with something else.

Did they make fun of Ming.

Did Kevin Smith pretend to have had a normal childhood.

Was the checklist complete?

Did they rip someone off.

Did someone come in for something and leave with something else.

Did they make fun of Ming.

Did Kevin Smith pretend to have had a normal childhood.

:eyeroll:

one of the first five episodes had a guy walk in with a blue label 1.5 Tec 35 and blue label xmen 1...if I recall, Walt offered "$300" for the Tec 35 and the guy walked away.

For all their pricing inaccuracies and sometimes seemingly limited knowledge, I dig the show. I've always liked Kevin Smith's banter, and the little asides at the beginning and in between staged buys remind me of the random conversations that happen at my LCS.

Show is growing on me. Starting to like the guys who hang around the shop.

I do wish they would do a better job of educating the viewers about comics and the artists and writers who created them. It would be nice to see some Schomburg WW2 covers come in and have a discussion about comics during the war and the racist comics that were published.

one of the first five episodes had a guy walk in with a blue label 1.5 Tec 35 and blue label xmen 1...if I recall, Walt offered "$300" for the Tec 35 and the guy walked away.

It was worse than that..

Actually Walt said the Tec was only worth $300 they'd be in it for "about $150" and he didn't want it at all since they didn't deal in GA.

:facepalm:

I do wish they would do a better job of educating the viewers about comics and the artists and writers who created them. It would be nice to see some Schomburg WW2 covers come in and have a discussion about comics during the war and the racist comics that were published.

I wish they would do this too, but it would be too much work for these slackers to inform themselves a little.

Show is getting better.

I for one am glad they stopped doing the lame stuff like Reed and Sue wedding recreation or the search for the NJ Devil.

If they could somehow get guest appearances from artists/ writers/ creators of comics that would be great. Some historical talk would also be great.

Discussions of comics they had from their childhoods and why they liked them would be great to.

Show is getting better.

I for one am glad they stopped doing the lame stuff like Reed and Sue wedding recreation or the search for the NJ Devil.

You just described the two episodes that preceded this one. lol

How do we know they "stopped"? I am not giving them any credit.

They are going to need a full season of episodes to get the stink of those 2 episodes behind them.

Show is getting better.

If they could somehow get guest appearances from artists/ writers/ creators of comics that would be great. Some historical talk would also be great.

Discussions of comics they had from their childhoods and why they liked them would be great to.

Big Stan Lee is in the season in the future somewhere

It was worse than that..

Actually Walt said the Tec was only worth $300 they'd be in it for "about $150" and he didn't want it at all since they didn't deal in GA.

:facepalm:

Yes, but the Bob Kane sketch was "priceless" - even though it was only worth what they offered for the GA Tec!

lol

Oh, and the owner of that GA Tec is a NJ store owner and that book is on display in his store. He knows exactly what it's worth.

:eyeroll:

At least they arent saying Ironman 1 is worth more than a Daredevil 1 this episode.

Naw, they're just saying that Iron Man #55 is a $100 book in NM. lol