• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

http://sciencefiction.com/2013/10/18/guillermo-del-toro-gives-an-update-on-his-justice-league-dark-film/

"Guillermo Del Toro Gives An Update On His ‘Justice League Dark’ Film"

With how busy Guillermo del Toro (‘Pacific Rim‘) has been, there hasn’t been a lot of news in the past few months on his take of a ‘Justice League Dark‘ film. Fortunately we will have some good news for you as it looks like the film is still in the works! What you have to wonder about, though, is the fact since that we recently found out that DC plans on making a ’Constantine‘ television series for NBC and a ’Gotham‘ show for FOX what could that mean for the film? Will we be seeing a crossover of the actor portraying Constantine? Will we have 2 Constantines running around? It’s unknown at this time, but at the very least it doesn’t look like the film is going to be scrubbed.

In fact, here’s what del Toro had to say on the subject:

“We talked about it at DC and Warners, and I feel confident that the two properties can exist at the same time. I think that DC is trying to create a great universe of characters, and expand it and make it clear to the audience that it’s a landscape of characters, and not just one that’s dependent on one or two characters.”

The plan for the film includes a group comprising of John Constantine, Swamp Thing, Madame Xanadu, Deadman, Zantanna and more recently rumored The Spectre! Honestly I’ve become such a fan boy of anything del Toro has touched that I’d probably see this film regardless of which characters end up being in it.

With the success of ‘Man of Steel‘ giving us a sequel and the televised DC Universe expanding, it brings up a lot of questions on DC. Are we going to see a unified universe in one medium or another? Are we going to see any upcoming crossovers? Clearly Marvel has shown how successful it can be and many DC fans are clamoring for just such a team up.

Are you excited for another film by del Toro? If any director out there has the chops to work with the weird, it is del Toro, who has proven himself in that realm time and time again. I’m hoping for the same magic he puts into his other movies to show up here as well.

http://sciencefiction.com/2013/10/18/guillermo-del-toro-gives-an-update-on-his-justice-league-dark-film/

"Guillermo Del Toro Gives An Update On His ‘Justice League Dark’ Film"

With how busy Guillermo del Toro (‘Pacific Rim‘) has been, there hasn’t been a lot of news in the past few months on his take of a ‘Justice League Dark‘ film. Fortunately we will have some good news for you as it looks like the film is still in the works! What you have to wonder about, though, is the fact since that we recently found out that DC plans on making a ’Constantine‘ television series for NBC and a ’Gotham‘ show for FOX what could that mean for the film? Will we be seeing a crossover of the actor portraying Constantine? Will we have 2 Constantines running around? It’s unknown at this time, but at the very least it doesn’t look like the film is going to be scrubbed.

In fact, here’s what del Toro had to say on the subject:

“We talked about it at DC and Warners, and I feel confident that the two properties can exist at the same time. I think that DC is trying to create a great universe of characters, and expand it and make it clear to the audience that it’s a landscape of characters, and not just one that’s dependent on one or two characters.”

The plan for the film includes a group comprising of John Constantine, Swamp Thing, Madame Xanadu, Deadman, Zantanna and more recently rumored The Spectre! Honestly I’ve become such a fan boy of anything del Toro has touched that I’d probably see this film regardless of which characters end up being in it.

With the success of ‘Man of Steel‘ giving us a sequel and the televised DC Universe expanding, it brings up a lot of questions on DC. Are we going to see a unified universe in one medium or another? Are we going to see any upcoming crossovers? Clearly Marvel has shown how successful it can be and many DC fans are clamoring for just such a team up.

Are you excited for another film by del Toro? If any director out there has the chops to work with the weird, it is del Toro, who has proven himself in that realm time and time again. I’m hoping for the same magic he puts into his other movies to show up here as well.

Hmmm.. so none of the 'real' JLA in the movie, just some newer lower-level heroes? I think we are talking about different things... (shrug)

Edited by AlexanderM

Hmmm.. so none of the 'real' JLA in the movie, just some newer lower-level heroes? I think we are talking about different things... (shrug)

Not entirely sure what we're talking about. There has been discussion of a Justice League Movie, with the 'real' JLA, and then there has been additional discussion of a Justice League Dark Movie with the 'newer lower-level heroes' as you say. FTR: I don't consider Swamp-Thing, Etrigan the Demon, Constantine, Zatanna or Dead-Man to be 'newer' or 'low level' heroes.

I'd suggest you read back a bit further in this thread to see the details as they emerged. Overall I find it pretty exciting that they're developing the main-stream characters along with their darker counterparts. JLA Dark has been quite popular and it's a fun read. If Del Toro can actually bring it to the big screen, that would be amazing.

Not entirely sure what we're talking about. There has been discussion of a Justice League Movie, with the 'real' JLA, and then there has been additional discussion of a Justice League Dark Movie with the 'newer lower-level heroes' as you say. FTR: I don't consider Swamp-Thing, Etrigan the Demon, Constantine, Zatanna or Dead-Man to be 'newer' or 'low level' heroes.

I'd suggest you read back a bit further in this thread to see the details as they emerged. Overall I find it pretty exciting that they're developing the main-stream characters along with their darker counterparts. JLA Dark has been quite popular and it's a fun read. If Del Toro can actually bring it to the big screen, that would be amazing.

+1

I'm equally excited about a Dark movie!

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/wonder-woman-to-appear-in-batman-superman-wbs-greg-silverman-addresses-rumors-1200749114/

"Wonder Woman to Appear in Batman-Superman? WB’s Greg Silverman Addresses Rumors"

There’s been plenty of buzz that Zack Snyder’s upcoming “Batman vs. Superman” film will feature an appearance by Wonder Woman, and Greg Silverman, Warner Bros.’ president of creative development and worldwide production, addressed the rumor Monday at the Variety Entertainment & Tech Summit.

When asked by Variety‘s Claudia Eller whether the film would introduce other DC Comics superheroes, such as Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and the Flash, to reunite part of the Justice League, Silverman took the idea of Wonder Woman and ran with it.

“We have been doing a lot of thinking for years about how to best use all those characters and we love them,” Silverman said. “Wonder Woman is an amazing character. I think it’s a great opportunity both for box office success, but also to have an amazingly powerful female superhero.”

“Is she going to have her own separate movie or is she going to be a part of this?” Eller asked.

“We are taking it all very seriously and are trying to do a plan that’s respectful to those characters and maximizes the stories as best they can,” Silverman said, dodging the question. “So everything that has been speculated are things that we’ve thought about.”

(:

Wow, I need to get caught up here - away too long!

I may start a thread entitled "Future speculation on Wonder Woman pricing" or something if these rumors about WW persist. :grin:

http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/batman-vs-superman/219257/batman-vs-superman-latest-news-round-up

"Batman Vs Superman latest news round-up"

The first shots are in the proverbial can for Zack Snyder's 2015 Batman Vs Superman movie, with some early footage taken the weekend before last of an American Football game. That's to be used in a match-up in the movie between the Gotham City University and Metropolis State University teams.

The full shoot isn't set until 2014, though, but that hasn't stopped bits and bobs of news rolling in.

Firstly, Production Weekly has confirmed that the movie now has a production office, at Raleigh Michigan Studios in Pontiac. More interestingly, though, it's also revealed that Patrick Tatopoulos has signed on as Production Designer for the movie. He's previously served as Production Designer on the likes of Independence Day, Dark City, the Total Recall remake and, most recently, 300: Rise Of An Empire.

Next up? The suit that Batman wears, and the equipment he uses, is getting a redesign for Batman Vs Superman, to establish that this is a different take on the character than the one we got in Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy. As such, Batman On movie reports for a start that the Batmobile is going to be different this time around, and not a military vehicle, a la the Tumbler. It's being designed and built at General Motors in Hollywood right now, and the site speculates that it'll be an 'old Cadillac' concept car style.

Comic Book Movie, meanwhile, reckons that Batman's look in the new movie will take inspiration from the 2011 graphic novel, Batman: Noel.

Here's how he looked in that...

batman_noel.jpg

Finally, David S Goyer, who's penning the screenplay for Batman Vs Superman (based on a story he's sharpening with Zack Snyder) has now signed a three year first look deal with Warner Bros. Given that Goyer is Warner's go-to man at the moment for DC properties, this may be significant, although the first fruits of the deal are an unrelated sci-fi thriller.

Batman Vs Superman is set to land in July 2015.

http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/batman-vs-superman/219257/batman-vs-superman-latest-news-round-up

"Batman Vs Superman latest news round-up"

The first shots are in the proverbial can for Zack Snyder's 2015 Batman Vs Superman movie, with some early footage taken the weekend before last of an American Football game. That's to be used in a match-up in the movie between the Gotham City University and Metropolis State University teams.

The full shoot isn't set until 2014, though, but that hasn't stopped bits and bobs of news rolling in.

Firstly, Production Weekly has confirmed that the movie now has a production office, at Raleigh Michigan Studios in Pontiac. More interestingly, though, it's also revealed that Patrick Tatopoulos has signed on as Production Designer for the movie. He's previously served as Production Designer on the likes of Independence Day, Dark City, the Total Recall remake and, most recently, 300: Rise Of An Empire.

Next up? The suit that Batman wears, and the equipment he uses, is getting a redesign for Batman Vs Superman, to establish that this is a different take on the character than the one we got in Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy. As such, Batman On movie reports for a start that the Batmobile is going to be different this time around, and not a military vehicle, a la the Tumbler. It's being designed and built at General Motors in Hollywood right now, and the site speculates that it'll be an 'old Cadillac' concept car style.

Comic Book Movie, meanwhile, reckons that Batman's look in the new movie will take inspiration from the 2011 graphic novel, Batman: Noel.

Here's how he looked in that...

batman_noel.jpg

Finally, David S Goyer, who's penning the screenplay for Batman Vs Superman (based on a story he's sharpening with Zack Snyder) has now signed a three year first look deal with Warner Bros. Given that Goyer is Warner's go-to man at the moment for DC properties, this may be significant, although the first fruits of the deal are an unrelated sci-fi thriller.

Batman Vs Superman is set to land in July 2015.

Anyone seeing this bolded text being a reference to Y: The Last Man????

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2013/11/02/exclusive-jaimie-alexander-talks-thor-sequels-wonder-woman-and-batman-vs-superman/

"Jaimie Alexander Talks 'Thor' Sequels, Wonder Woman, And 'Batman Vs. Superman'"

jaimie-alexander-sif-thor-dark-world1.jpg

At this year’s comic book, horror, and pop-culture convention Stan Lee’s Comikaze Expo, Disney-Marvel superhero sequel Thor: The Dark World star Jaimie Alexander moderated the AMC panel discussion “Movie Talk,” featuring AMC Movie News‘ John Campea, Amirose Eisenbach, Dennis Tzeng, and Krisily Kennedy, plus TV host and writer Erin Darling, filmmaker Jon Schnepp, and Grae Drake of Rotten Tomatoes.

Their discussion focused on superhero films, of course, and Alexander had some surprisingly revealing things to say, including a bit of information regarding the upcoming Warner Bros./DC Batman vs. Superman movie. Afterward, I had a chance to sit down with Jaimie Alexander for an exclusive interview, where we talked more about her work with Marvel, and a bit about DC Comics movies as well. What she had to say was… enlightening.

When the AMC panel discussion moved to whether or not there might some day be a Marvel-DC superhero team up movie, Jaimie Alexander caught everyone’s attention when she said she has had discussions with “both companies,” about superhero movies — “both” meaning Marvel and Warner Bros, of course.

Then, things got even more interesting when Alexander answered a question about her reactions to the casting of Ben Affleck as Batman for Batman vs. Superman. She explained her respect for Affleck’s acting talent and how suitable she thinks he is for the role, asking that fans not be so quick to criticize the actor and instead to remember the misplaced skepticism regarding Michael Keaton’s casting as Batman nearly 25 years ago. The rest of the panel agreed with her assessment, by the way, as did the vast majority of fans in attendance when the panelists asked for a show of hands from the audience. Alexander went on to say followed that up by saying her confidence in Affleck’s casting is bolstered by the fact he is so suited for the particular Batman portrayal in the film — and her reason for that certainty is, as she put it, she “kind of knows the story line for that movie.”

As I mentioned in my review of the film, Alexander’s character, Sif, could be said to represent Marvel demonstrating how a great Wonder Woman can be accomplished on film. Alexander has heard that comparison many times, and says it flatters her. “I’m a huge fan of Wonder Woman. I really think if this is the closest that we’re ever going to get to Wonder Woman, then I’m proud to play Sif. I hope that other comic book entities can learn a lesson from Marvel in how to execute a female character the way it should be done.” Alexander also noted the lack of many female role models in entertainment, especially within the comic book film genre. However, she cautions that it shouldn’t be done too quickly or haphazardly. “I really would like to one day see a Wonder Woman film or Wonder Woman character, but until it’s done with class, I’d rather it not be done.”

Of course, I had to get to the big question on everyone’s mind. Having mentioned that she knows a little bit about Batman vs. Superman, and that she’s talked to both Marvel and DC, should we read much into that? Alexander laughed slyly, saying, “I would love for DC to put Wonder Woman in one of their upcoming flicks, either in her own movie or Batman vs. Superman, or just something even to introduce her.” Getting more to the point regarding her earlier comments, Alexander explained carefully, “Being in the comic book world, we know a lot of the same people at DC and Marvel, so we hear a lot of things, but it’s all speculation right now. But I would absolutely love that [Wonder Woman appearing in one of the upcoming films]. Thankfully and gratefully, I’m appreciative to the people who ask my opinion of the character, and that’s been pretty amazing.”

So whether Alexander’s discussions with folks over at Warner/DC were more substantive in nature or merely about insights into the character based on Alexander’s experiences playing Sif, is uncertain. And of course, Alexander isn’t going to spill all the beans right now if there are beans to spill. As she said, being involved in these movies and the comic book culture means a lot of interactions with people on all sides of the fence. So, it’s not surprising that an actress playing one of the first modern female superheroes in cinema might end up talking about Wonder Woman with the people trying to get that female hero onto the big screen.

One thing is certain, though — Alexander enjoys playing Sif, and is very happy working with Marvel. Does that mean she wouldn’t say “yes” if offered the role as the most famous female superhero in history? And would it necessarily have to be an either-or proposition? Hmm…

What still hangs in the air, though, is Alexander’s mention of the possibility of Wonder Woman appearing in some fashion to just establish the character on film. Was that merely a hypothetical example? Or has Alexander had some discussions that suggest Wonder Woman might be making an introductory appearance in Batman vs. Superman?

There have already been plenty of rumors that the Amazon hero might show up in the Man of Steel sequel, and these new revelations will surely fuel that speculation. Jaimie Alexander’s remarks certainly give one pause, and I’m of the opinion that we might actually be getting some introductory appearance by Wonder Woman in Batman vs. Superman after all. Maybe an end teaser revealing Wonder Woman, to set up her larger role in the subsequent film (which I believe will indeed be a “Trinity” team-up with Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman). If so, we’ll have to wait and see whether there’s any chance it might be Alexander’s face we see when the reveal happens. Stay tuned…

Interesting....Didn't know about this....

Warner Bros and DC Comics have had their sights on a Justice League movie adaptation since Marvel Studios announced plans to assemble the Avengers on-screen. This came close to becoming a reality in 2007 when George Miller was hired as director and a cast was put together.

DJ Cotrona was on board as Superman, Armie Hammer as Batman, Megan Gale as Wonder Woman, Adam Brody as the Flash, rapper Common as the John Stewart incarnation of Green Lantern, and Santiago Cabrera as Aquaman.

A screenplay by Kieran and Michele Mulroney received positive feedback from the studio, but revisions deemed necessary were heavily delayed by the infamous writer's strike of that year. Miller's decision to cast relatively unknown actors in such iconic roles was also met with criticism and spiralling costs did little to convince Warner that a team-up movie was the way to go at this stage.

Megan Gale would have made an awesome looking Wonder Woman :luhv:

Megan-Gale-Vogue.jpg

Here she is at the shore of Themyscira :grin:

600full-megan-gale.jpg

085687-megan-gale.jpg

More info...

A CGC-certified 9.2 copy of The Brave and the Bold #28, featuring the first appearance of the Justice League, was sold by Pedigree Comics for $120,000, a record price for the issue (cover-dated February-March 1960). ““The sale for $120,000 is a record price for any copy of Brave and the Bold #28, almost doubling the only recorded 9.4 sale (from April, 2004) of $60,375,” said Pedigree Comics CEO Doug Schmell. “The other 9.2 copy (with off-white pages) fetched $35,850 in May, 2008. This book is beginning to rise dramatically in demand, popularity and value, evidenced by the recent sales of two 8.5 examples (in September, 2013 for $45,504 and for $40,500 in June, 2013).”

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2013/11/comics-a-m-brave-and-the-bold-28-sells-for-record-120000/

Reddwarf,

I think you make valid points, most of us probably don't want to believe them though!

BaB #28 book is moving up for sure!

All Silver Age keys in mid/high grade are super hot.

X-men #1 9.2 cgc just sold for $50,000. $15,000 more than guide! $20,000 more than a few 9.2's that sold just a few years ago.

And X-men aren't even that hot right now... Days of Future Past is only just starting to generate excitement.

The lack of Silver age keys in fine+ condition is leading to some pretty insane sales.

you cant go wrong with BB#28 despite its shortcomings!

X-men #1 9.2 cgc just sold for $50,000. $15,000 more than guide! $20,000 more than a few 9.2's that sold just a few years ago.

I am a huge fan of X-Men #1, but unfortunately $48,468 is as low as it was 3 1/2 years ago, with the former 2 9.2 copies selling for $62,000 and $60,000 in 2012 and 2011 respectively. Data is showing that all of the 9.0-9.4 copies of X-Men #1 have gone down considerably.