• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

I am sooooo jonesing for a copy of this book again :cry:

They're out there my brotha, a bit pricier than before but still available....

And if I might add: still somewhat affordable. I do emphatically believe that we haven't seen the full effect of appreciation yet....and more than likely will not see that price apex until after MOS 2.

So my wife sees me skimming an Overstreet last night and asks me what it was.

I explain a little and we get to talking about pricing. I show some realized prices and the difference in values between years (ex. In 1994 a BB#28 in 9.2 was only $, now in only 10 years, it's $$$!" kinda thing). She starts taking an interest in it and asking me why I don't invest in books more often. This totally has me perplexed as she usually not very happy with my comic spending.

Anways, I explain what GPA is and stuff and she says to me:

"Tell you what, if you can find a FF#1 or BB#28 (those are 2 big keys I still need I told her) in 5.0 for less than GPA, then we can "invest" in one. (She doesn't know I'm just gonna keep it!) :whistle:

Now she was tired and all and I didn't want to press my luck, but ....

:whee:

So my wife sees me skimming an Overstreet last night and asks me what it was.

I explain a little and we get to talking about pricing. I show some realized prices and the difference in values between years (ex. In 1994 a BB#28 in 9.2 was only $, now in only 10 years, it's $$$!" kinda thing). She starts taking an interest in it and asking me why I don't invest in books more often. This totally has me perplexed as she usually not very happy with my comic spending.

Anways, I explain what GPA is and stuff and she says to me:

"Tell you what, if you can find a FF#1 or BB#28 (those are 2 big keys I still need I told her) in 5.0 for less than GPA, then we can "invest" in one. (She doesn't know I'm just gonna keep it!) :whistle:

Now she was tired and all and I didn't want to press my luck, but ....

:whee:

:applause: awesome!!!

The first time I flipped a big book and basically doubled my money, and turned around and wiped out a huge debt we had, and the wife was convinced. I still get funny looks from time-to-time (if I reveal how much a book costs me) but she realizes if I buy smart it can be a profitable hobby.

. . . and I agree, awsome Erndog (thumbs u

the book continues to trend up (as does jla 1) and has probably yet not "sniffed" its potential highs (once the jla movie gets cast, etc, demand will increase)

the book continues to trend up (as does jla 1) and has probably yet not "sniffed" its potential highs (once the jla movie gets cast, etc, demand will increase)

With some fairly minor exceptions, the JLA movie has pretty much been cast. But I undersand your meaning and agree.