• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

So not really a BB28 or JLA thing....but EQUALLY as cool:

Batman Vs. The Terminator Animation

http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/24/batman-takes-on-the-terminator-in-new-animation-4316449/

This is some fan animation I presume, but it's really well done in a professional sense. If someone told me that it was being put out by WB I wouldn't be surprised.

Since there's already been a Terminator Vs. Superman comic (as well as many other Terminator Vs. comics) it's not too much of a stretch to imagine.

If you've got a few minutes I'm sure you'll dig it.

That was cool thanks for sharing !

-J.

:thumbsup:

Just checked the GPA and noticed a Feb. sale for a 6.0...thought it'd be nice to disseminate that info. here for interested parties.

I like to use the 6.0 as my meter stick b/c it's not a very low grade and it's not in the stratosphere either...also it represents a fairly common grade with regards to availability, demand and affordability.

But I digress:

Feb-20-2014 $6,573 Cert# 1022470006 CR/OW

Dec-14-2013 $4,440 PQ: Cr-OW

Sep-22-2013 $5,575 Cert# 1173801004 OW

Sep-08-2013 $6,100 Cert# 1094032001 OW

Aug-06-2013 $6,000 Cert# 1109964030 OW

Jul-12-2013 $7,800 Cert# 0615965003 OW/W

May-16-2013 $4,780 Cert# 0917705001 OW/W

So it appears that even the CR/OW are catching up with the previous highs demonstrated by the OW and the OW/W. No precipitous drop in pricing evidenced and some steady gains are still apparent. Of course there is alot not reported to the GPA, but FWIW that's the skinny from 2013 through the present.

The trends are positive across the board and carry through all reported grade sales since last year. The end of 2014 should be exiting, as new JLA movie rumors will surely be leaked. Of the private sales that you know of for books graded higher than 6.0, are they trending upwards as nicely as the rest of the grades?

I strongly feel the book will increase in value the most when the teaser trailer is released. After the movie comes out... That's a different issue. If its a very good film and grabs tons of attention it will continue to slowly grow. It won't be an AF15, but it might compete with some major marvel keys. If the movie sucks. It might maintain value or not... Hopefully it's good! I already have 3 copies.

Boba: that's an increase that pleasantly surprises me. I didn't even see the one on CL until your post.

Seems like if you want to get one in that approximate grade for under 8-10K you better do it before the BvsS movie at the very latest.

Heck, I'd even consider it before they release a trailer....after that who knows how pricing will be affected.

I still think now's the time to get 'deals' if you want to call it that.....when in fact those real deals existed before MOS1...and really even earlier than the MOS development announcements....but that cat is surely out of the bag.

Here's something I saw the other day that surprised me a bit:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121287982324?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

A PGX graded 6.5 that had 22 bidders topping out at $5111.00. It never met the reserve, and the BIN was $8295.00.

It's relisted now with 5 bidders up to $1525, same BIN valuation.

With the last recorded sale of a CGC 6.5 clocking in at $6111.00 in Nov. 2013, I thought someone with the PGX stigma would be aiming much lower....apparently not. If that book was 'cheap' enough, I would have pulled the trigger for a CGC resub. It always unnerves me however that they could have royally missed on the resto....thereby sinking the value. Definitely not rolling the dice on something that's questionable in that range.

A CGC 1.5 C/OW just sold on eBay in less than an hour of listing for $580 shipped.

Shoud have pulled the trigger but didn't.....book was solid and a good deal, so it's possible to get these for reasonable prices.

True dat. Gotta keep your eyes peeled. :)

A CGC 1.5 C/OW just sold on eBay in less than an hour of listing for $580 shipped.

Shoud have pulled the trigger but didn't.....book was solid and a good deal, so it's possible to get these for reasonable prices.

That's a really good price. Any BB 28 in the $500 range is not going to last long.

I believe it is a book on the rise and as long as the movie does not bomb, it will continue to rise!

Dc needs to cash in on the movie side as a business decision and have the corporate pressure on them to do so. I think this time they will get it right as marvel provides a model to follow that is already successful.

I am a buyer on bb 28 and want to upgrade my copy if anyone wants to sell theirs for a good price. Mine is a clean Cgc 2.0. I can only go up in grade but I know collectors who disagree with the future of this book and want to sell now. I'll take a chance...

This book doesn't need a movie to go up in value. Sure a "speculation bump" will coincide with the release of a film and the degree of any increase can depend on how successful the movie is in theaters.

BB 28 is one of the greatest SA DC Keys - in fact, one of the greatest SA keys and a blue chip if you're into collecting comics for the purpose of investing.

Keys like BB 28 don't require a need for success in other mediums - this book stands on its own.

Movies are nice and can sometimes generate interest in related mediums, but the SA keys have already stood the test of time and like fine wine, get better with age as we grow older.

Agree, BB 28 is a classic. Movie or no movie this will hold value. This is one of the DC silver age icons. A great movie will definitely help but it won't be a deal breaker.

This book doesn't need a movie to go up in value. Sure a "speculation bump" will coincide with the release of a film and the degree of any increase can depend on how successful the movie is in theaters.

BB 28 is one of the greatest SA DC Keys - in fact, one of the greatest SA keys and a blue chip if you're into collecting comics for the purpose of investing.

Keys like BB 28 don't require a need for success in other mediums - this book stands on its own.

Movies are nice and can sometimes generate interest in related mediums, but the SA keys have already stood the test of time and like fine wine, get better with age as we grow older.

I'm with you. (thumbs u

^^