• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

I wonder if a boardie won the 5.5. It seems like it was a great deal compared to what some thought the book was currently worth.

Based on the sale of my own 5.5 just yesterday on the boards, I'd say that price is exactly in line with the current market.

But what about the page quality? ;)

Based on prior experience with other books, and looking at the image of each book's page edges in contrast with the back covers, I have zero faith that the PQ on the Heritage copy was actually any better, or even as good as Jive's ;)

That copy was by far the better deal. The Heritage copy looks like a 5.0 tops to me, Jive's could easily be a 6.0

Yeah, that is something. Great description, too:

NEVER BEEN PRESSED!!! FRESH BOOK!

INTERIOR ATTACHED TO FRONT/BACK COVER BY THE TAPE

Glad they told us it hadn't been pressed, would have been hard to tell from the scans. lol

(Well, I guess you might have thought it had been pressed under the wheels of a truck or something)

I've been out of this forum a while, has this book been mentioned?

http://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/superhero/the-brave-and-the-bold-28-justice-league-of-america-dc-1960-cgc-fn-55-off-white-pages/a/7136-91316.s?ic2=mytracked-lotspage-lotlinks-12202013

Seems cheap to me since I sold a 6.0 a couple of years ago for just a little less.

I've been out of this forum a while, has this book been mentioned?

http://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/superhero/the-brave-and-the-bold-28-justice-league-of-america-dc-1960-cgc-fn-55-off-white-pages/a/7136-91316.s?ic2=mytracked-lotspage-lotlinks-12202013

Seems cheap to me since I sold a 6.0 a couple of years ago for just a little less.

Yeah this has been discussed..

The gist of it is that this was a weak copy for its grade

The two B&B #28s went for lower than latest GPA prices in grade tonight. Both were weak for the stated grades and sold accordingly..........

Oh I guess that's the new going price now...

Just looked and both went for less than the 12 month average after the book seemed to be jumping the past few months. It will be interesting to see if this is a bit of a trend or just people buying the book, not the label.

The two B&B #28s went for lower than latest GPA prices in grade tonight. Both were weak for the stated grades and sold accordingly..........

Oh I guess that's the new going price now...

Just looked and both went for less than the 12 month average after the book seemed to be jumping the past few months. It will be interesting to see if this is a bit of a trend or just people buying the book, not the label.

No way to tell if people are buying the book or the label, a sold 6.0 is a sold 6.0, weather you agree with the grade or not. People just want to have a copy of it, Keys sell in all grades across the board, no other reason to buy the book or the label other than the fact that it's the 1st JLA or someone is buying it to fill in a hole in their BB run. Demand will pick up again when the movie gets closer.

Then there's always the 5.5 that sold for a GPA high on May 28th:

May-28-2015 $5,975 Cert# 1291142001

And the 5.0 that sold for another GPA high in April:

Apr-23-2015 $5,500 Cert# 1203815001

:)

Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you pay a strong price.

Auctions go both ways. :shrug:

I have said and still maintain that this book sells very well in private deals at higher prices realized in auctions.

Not to mention that multiple books close in grade skew auction results in ways that are difficult to interpret. It isn't a stretch to believe that if only one of those books were in the featured auction (or there was more than a 4.0 gap between grades) the results would have been different because the competition for the books would have been greater versus split across multiple copies. The auction houses in a way are screwing their consignors and their profits.

Edited by rfoiii

Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you pay a strong price.

Auctions go both ways. :shrug:

I have said and still maintain that this book sells very well in private deals at higher prices realized in auctions.

Not to mention that multiple books close in grade skew auction results in ways that are difficult to interpret. It isn't a stretch to believe that if only one of those books were in the featured auction (or there was more than a 4.0 gap between grades) the results would have been different because the competition for the books would have been greater versus split across multiple copies. The auction houses in a way are screwing their consignors and their profits.

Yeah, most of the time, private deals do get stronger prices because the seller sets his/her asking price. If it is a tough book to come by, more so than not, the asking price is firm and price can be steep. Auctions though do have its ups and downs in prices. The obvious downfall would be having so many copies that are around the same grade and ending about the same time. But sometimes, books auctioned off especially in signature auctions, can realize higher prices than what the consignor thought he could've gotten. This is reserved towards harder to find keys for the most part and also for super hot books like AF 15. I have done well both in selling privately and in auctions. In my eyes, it can go either way.

Here's the thing: the auctions you mentioned.....sometimes folks aren't even aware that they exist.

If I'm not aware of something I'm clearly not bidding on it. I think at least a portion of of those extraordinarily lucky "deals" must occur as a result.