• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

the book continues to trend up (as does jla 1) and has probably yet not "sniffed" its potential highs (once the jla movie gets cast, etc, demand will increase)

My question is.... Are there other JLA books that will see a price increase? The first 5 issues are extremely affordable. With a few hundred dollars you can own any of them. I wonder if the BB29 & BB30 will see an increase. Or if certain JLA titles will increase as well?

the book continues to trend up (as does jla 1) and has probably yet not "sniffed" its potential highs (once the jla movie gets cast, etc, demand will increase)

My question is.... Are there other JLA books that will see a price increase? The first 5 issues are extremely affordable. With a few hundred dollars you can own any of them. I wonder if the BB29 & BB30 will see an increase. Or if certain JLA titles will increase as well?

Would probably depend on if they are basing the film's story from an existing comic book storyline. Darkseid?

I'll say it here first: there are many other affordable "1st" appearances of JLA characters in the annals of the JLA (and affiliated titles)

....even up until recently.

For example:

Zauriel: First appearing in JLA #6 (1997).

Vibe: First appearing in Justice League of America Annual #2 (1984)

Firestorm: First appearing in Firestorm, the Nuclear Man No. 1 (March 1978)

Red Tornado: First appearing in Justice League of America #64 (August 1968)

Vixen: First appearing in Action Comics #521(July 1981)

Gypsy: First appearing in Justice League of America Annual #2 (1984)

Mr. Miracle: First appearing in Mister Miracle # 1 (April 1971)

Booster Gold: First appearing in Booster Gold #1 (February 1986)

Captain Atom: JLA version First appearing in Captain Atom vol. 3 #1 (March 1987)

The Huntress: Fist appearing in The Huntress #1 (April 1989)

Orion: First appearing in New Gods #1(February 1971)

And the list can go on for a long while after that.....but I fully expect some of these characters to make appearances on the big and small screen if they haven't already. Vibe is a great example of someone I NEVER thought would see the light of day....but he's shown up not only in cartoons, but also he's slated to be in the pilot of the Flash tv series. He is also now an active member of the new 52 Justice League....something that appears to be the model for at least animated series being released currently......but also appears to be the direction that WB/DC are taking the big screen properties in as evidenced by the news of Cyborg being cast.

I thought that the 1st appearance of the Huntress was DC Super-Stars #17 or something like that?

The Huntress is a name used by several characters in DC Comics.

So it depends on "which" huntress is portrayed in any upcoming shows or movies. You've got the first one: Paula Brooks first appearing in Sensation Comics #68 (August 1947).

BUT that's not the one most folks are familiar wtih.

Most people know of Helena Wayne, who first appeared in All Star Comics #69 (December 1977).

And of course, there's Helena Bertinelli who first appeared in The Huntress #1 (April 1989). I believe she's the incarnation used for the show Arrow.

The New 52 version is Helena Wayne again.

So depending on which incarnation is used, there are still accessible and affordable copies from 1977 forward. I imagine the 1947 version won't be that relevant and would additionally be hard to get in high grade.

Access, what are some of the key SA Flash issues to be picking up with the new TV show coming out?

Yes, I've heard of Showcase 4.

That I'm a bit less well versed on. I'm sure some other folks have a good idea what would be considered a "key" SA flash issue. I'm just as eager to hear.

For Flash, some of the early issues introducing the different Rogues should see a bump. They are fairly pricey already, but if you look at the healthy gains that the SA Batvillain 1sts (SA or overall appearance) have made in the past year then the Flash villains will likely pop as well.

Edited by kimik

Showcase 4

Showcase 8

Flash 105, 106, 110, 113, 117, 122, 123, 139, 140

I am assuming the same. Anything with mirror master or captain cold. Maybe kid flash... It's very early. I am assuming showcase 4 will have a price increase and continue upwards until JLA movie is released as well.

Showcase 4

Showcase 8

I am assuming the same. Anything with mirror master or captain cold. Maybe kid flash... It's very early. I am assuming showcase 4 will have a price increase and continue upwards until JLA movie is released as well.

139 for sure. Prof. Zoom has already been shown in the extended trailer.

Showcase 4

Showcase 8

139 for sure. Prof. Zoom has already been shown in the extended trailer.

And so has the Weather Wizard :whistle:

Showcase 4

Showcase 8

I'm still trying to find low grade showcase 4 for a decent price. I regret not buying last year.

Even though I overpaid for my mid grade copy last year I guess I'm glad I bit the bullet when I did. Although to be fair I have never seen a "decent price" for this book in any grade, probably having a lot to do with the fact that there are barely 200 blue labels on the census, and fully 1/3 of all copies on the census are restored. Those numbers rival some GA keys.

-J.

Showcase 4

Showcase 8

I'm still trying to find low grade showcase 4 for a decent price. I regret not buying last year.

Even though I overpaid for my mid grade copy last year I guess I'm glad I bit the bullet when I did. Although to be fair I have never seen a "decent price" for this book in any grade, probably having a lot to do with the fact that there are barely 200 blue labels on the census, and fully 33% of all copies on the census are restored. Those numbers rival some GA keys.

-J.

what grade?

Showcase 4

Showcase 8

Even though I overpaid for my mid grade copy last year I guess I'm glad I bit the bullet when I did. Although to be fair I have never seen a "decent price" for this book in any grade, probably having a lot to do with the fact that there are barely 200 blue labels on the census, and fully 33% of all copies on the census are restored. Those numbers rival some GA keys.

-J.

what grade?

A nice presenting 4.0. :cloud9:

-J.

Showcase 4

Showcase 8

-J.

what grade?

A nice presenting 4.0. :cloud9:

-J.

:applause: