• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

I concur. Where do you put the value/what do you think it will go at?

4.0 is a great sweet spot in collecting slabs!

A nice 4.5 just closed on ComicLink at $3100+.

I was actually really surprised of how low that went for. Inferior looking 4.5's have sold for 3500+ recently, and that was before confirmation of the movie release date.

-J.

I was actually really surprised of how low that went for. Inferior looking 4.5's have sold for 3500+ recently, and that was before confirmation of the movie release date.

-J.

+1

-J.

+1

I was surprised it did not go higher as well.

I put in a max bid of $3200 at the end thinking it would go well over that and my bid held. (shrug)

The only problem now is I have to move something else to pay for it now. lol

Edited by kimik

-J.

+1

I put in a max bid of $3200 at the end thinking it would go well over that and my bid held. (shrug)

I'll take it off your hands!

lol

-J.

+1

I'll take it off your hands!

lol

Seriously though PM me if you are interested. :D

Nice pickup on the 4.5!!! Consider yourself a lucky man you got it on the cheap! :)

That doesn't happen to me nearly enough... :(

I've learned to take pride in setting a GPA high every time I bid on a book and win. lol:cry:

Nice pickup on the 4.5!!! Consider yourself a lucky man you got it on the cheap! :)

I've learned to take pride in setting a GPA high every time I bid on a book and win. lol:cry:

Wait, I thought that only happened to me....

-J.

-J.

lol

My signature move is to pay more than GPA high in a private deal... That way I cry in peace holding my books in the dark.

Paying GPA or slightly over works fine on bigger SA and even BA keys.

Paying GPA or slightly over on flash in the pan "hot" BA and more recent keys does not.

BTW, I am beginning to really appreciate the CGC barcode "date of grading" function on the website right now as their grading has really loosened over the past few months.

-J.

lol

My signature move is to pay more than GPA high in a private deal... That way I cry in peace holding my books in the dark.

lol

-J.

lol

lol:golfclap:

You win the pity party.

-J.

lol

You win the pity party.

:acclaim:

A pity party is still a party!

-J.

lol

You win the pity party.

:acclaim:

A pity party is still a party!

Well if there's cake, count me in. I've been down the pay more than GPA path myself. Don't mind being the record breaking sale if it's something I truly want and love. :)

I was just talking about GPA in the Showcase 4 thread, GPA is great but far from complete. I've paid and sold book for multiples of GPA. Love it but wish they captured more sales. But if you do your homework, which includes GPA records - you can make an informed purchase, like kimik said earlier i believe, paying over GPA for keys is pretty common. I bet there's more than a few that would sell for well over the current GPA.

And besides, if you really need a book that rarely comes up for sale, or is within a collectors budget - GPA ain't gonna stop a true collector from buying it.

And that my friends is why prices ( and GPA) are rising doh!

I would point out that more than a couple enthusiasts in our great hobby made their claim paying the highest price on record for a book.....then selling that same book for an even more impressive record price.

Myself, I've paid MUCH higher than GPA....

In simple terms, If the book is increasing in value, then the average new price should be greater than the previous high (with some bumps in the road)

Just my $0.02 :)

In simple terms, If the book is increasing in value, then the average new price should be greater than the previous high (with some bumps in the road)

Just my $0.02 :)

the-more-you-know-o.gif

:)