• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much is too much tape?

26 posts in this topic

I gotten a few shipments from e-bay where the comics are placed between two pieces of cardboard and wrapped in packing tape. Once that is all cut out the comic them self are wrapped together in packing tape. I wanted other opinion on this, to me I am always worried trying to take the tape off I will stress the comics. Would it be better to cut each bag open and try to slip to comic out and just throwing away the bad and board? just wanted other thoughts on this. Thanks

I gotten a few shipments from e-bay where the comics are placed between two pieces of cardboard and wrapped in packing tape. Once that is all cut out the comic them self are wrapped together in packing tape. I wanted other opinion on this, to me I am always worried trying to take the tape off I will stress the comics. Would it be better to cut each bag open and try to slip to comic out and just throwing away the bad and board? just wanted other thoughts on this. Thanks

If the tape has completely covered the boards, making it to difficult to remove the comic, then yes, cut the bag open. Better to do that than risk damaging the book. If the tape is the heavy duty type it is a real pain to remove...best to not bother spending half an hour painstakingly taking it off.

Excessive tape is annoying. I generally cut the bag open and put my book in a new bag and board. I hate pulling and tugging and trying to find where the seller slapped tape all over.

I even had a seller ATG tape the back of a bag to the cardboard - keeping it from being unstuck at all. If I hadn't cut the book out like I normally do, I probaby would have damaged the book just trying to figure out what that clown did to secure it.

How hard is it to put a plastic shopping bag around the bagged and board comic(s) and then to wrap it in newspaper before using any heavy packing tape?

Apparantely very hard. I do this when I sell books (I use a larger plastic envelope to put the books in, and secure that to the cardboard), and have yet to see anyone else do it when I buy them.

How hard is it to put a plastic shopping bag around the bagged and board comic(s) and then to wrap it in newspaper before using any heavy packing tape?

Apparantely very hard. I do this when I sell books (I use a larger plastic envelope to put the books in, and secure that to the cardboard), and have yet to see anyone else do it when I buy them.

Dr. Balls package :cloud9:

Dr. Balls package :cloud9:

:headbang:

If you have to take a knife to a standard package of a few books it's either too much and/or badly packaged.

Does that include safety box cutters?

Yes.

These work great. And they are free. I love to use them inside of a Priority Mail box or padded envelope. The dimensions are perfect. 11 5/8 " X 15 1/8 " I can fit up to 8 comics, including bags/boards, sideways into these, and then wrap around the unused portion, and secure it with one little piece of scotch tape (instead of using the self sealing tape). Then when I put the padding around it, I don't have to worry about the buyer damaging the comics, when they unwrap everything. They are also large enough to cover a slab.

They are durable, and Tyvek is waterproof also. Order in multiples of 10, up to 800.

LINK

Try today, don't delay.

I hate when the books themselves are tapped together and/or to the packaging. I almost sliced and diced some books I ordered from a comic shop.

I like to take my books, place them in one corner of a priority envelope, then cut around them.

Flip it and repeat two more times. This creates a nice rigid border around the book(s). I then tape that to cardboard.idony like the idea of sharp objects near the books

If you have to take a knife to a standard package of a few books it's either too much and/or badly packaged.

Does that include safety box cutters?

Yes.

I don't expect sellers to package books like Mile High (I like the packaging) or incur extra costs for packaging materials either. Just some common sense would be good when it comes to packing.

Well-placed taped works wonders. It doesn't require a lot of thought and engineering knowledge to figure out how to tape cardboard to a book to ensure the recipient doesn't damage it trying to get it out of the package.

you should buy from me. i put the books in a cgc bag and then tape it to the cardboard. Slightly off topic, but hairy people shouldn't be allowed to use tape.