• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Acquires Classics Inc - Response to your Questions

1,162 posts in this topic

I think we are all just out of our minds with worry about the possible ramifications of The CGC's acquisition. We should consider, and hold suspect, every single post by every single poster since the announcement of the merger of these two monolithic entities. How could anyone have a sane thought at a confusing time like this? How could anyone keep it together long enough to posit a rational response?

Even I'm confused by my own ramblings.

I think we are all just out of our minds with worry about the possible ramifications of The CGC's acquisition. We should consider, and hold suspect, every single post by every single poster since the announcement of the merger of these two monolithic entities. How could anyone have a sane thought at a confusing time like this? How could anyone keep it together long enough to posit a rational response?

You just made me purge, thanks! (thumbs u

Don't speak ill of Joey ... he's made me more money than I can count with his pressing services and is a super good dude. He's also taken the high road in response to this garbage acquisition of Classics Inc. by CGC when he's suffering substantial damage as a result of CGC's myopic decision to try and monopolize the fields of restoration and grading.

Joey has been getting a little too big for his britches lately. CGC knows how to deal with guys who get too big for their britches.

CGC is a hammer. Joey is a nail.

(tsk) A couple of extra pieces of pie on the holiday and his pants fit a little tighter the next day, he'll be fine after a weekend of purging.

The CGC knows how to make a guy purge. ;)

That's a slice of gospel right there.

You just made me purge, thanks! (thumbs u

Poor Andrew. He's so out of his mind that he's thanking me for his nausea.

Four words: The Legion of Doom.

I already knew you were crazy. You were on my list of folks who couldn't be broken by the news.

I already knew you were crazy. You were on my list of folks who couldn't be broken by the news.

The only thing that could break me would be the revelation that pressing is restoration.

The only thing that could break me would be the revelation that pressing is restoration.

Some denials can never be broken.

Don't speak ill of Joey ... he's made me more money than I can count with his pressing services and is a super good dude. He's also taken the high road in response to this garbage acquisition of Classics Inc. by CGC when he's suffering substantial damage as a result of CGC's myopic decision to try and monopolize the fields of restoration and grading.

WTF are you Joey's lawyer now? lol

Joey is very well respected and I have a feeling that a bunch of people who have used Joey over and over will continue to use Joey's services.

I'm not Joey's attorney, but to assume that people will not opt for the pressing service that is owned by the grading service is ridiculous. Obviously, some of his customers are going to start sending their books to Classics. That is a shameful way to increase one's business. Please keep your personal animus towards me from clouding your judgment.

Joey is very well respected and I have a feeling that a bunch of people who have used Joey over and over will continue to use Joey's services.

I'm not Joey's attorney, but to assume that people will not opt for the pressing service that is owned by the grading service is ridiculous. Obviously, some of his customers are going to start sending their books to Classics. That is a shameful way to increase one's business. Please keep your personal animus towards me from clouding your judgment.

Why would some of Joey's customers switch to CGC's new service? Joey subs customers books to CGC. Plus, I am guessing his prices are more reasonable?

Why would some of Joey's customers switch to CGC's new service? Joey subs customers books to CGC. Plus, I am guessing his prices are more reasonable?
I use Joeys service because his work is good, and I support what he is doing. He is a good guy, and I would rather give him my money than any of his competitors.

Because people are going to assume that they will get better grades when the grading services sister corporation is doing the grading. The appearance of impropriety results in the appearance of preferential treatment. As I've said before, the only way that CGC can retain its integrity is to indicate and demonstrate that the employees will not communicate with one another, that the businesses will not communicate with one another and to demonstrate that they are separate and distinct entities that do not cooperate or communicate. CGC's press release makes reference to the fact that Classics will communicate with CGC in reference to restoration removal. I'm afraid that is the beginning of the end and that CGC will not be able to avoid the appearance of impropriety regardless of whether there is any improper conduct that does occur customers will perceive the risk of the same and act accordingly.

Because it's easier to send your books to one place under one roof. Convenience often overrides price.

I think a lot of new collectors in the hobby will go straight to CI if that's all they know and they have never heard of CFP comics. So it makes sense that he might possibly lose new collectors.

I use Joeys service because his work is good, and I support what he is doing. He is a good guy, and I would rather give him my money than any of his competitors.
This is true, Pat. If I was going to get some books pressed, I would send them to Joey. He's the only one I would trust with my books.

the only way that CGC can retain its integrity is to indicate and demonstrate that the employees will not communicate with one another, that the businesses will not communicate with one another and to demonstrate that they are separate and distinct entities that do not cooperate or communicate.

The company picnics sure would be quiet.

the only way that CGC can retain its integrity is to indicate and demonstrate that the employees will not communicate with one another, that the businesses will not communicate with one another and to demonstrate that they are separate and distinct entities that do not cooperate or communicate.

The company picnics sure would be quiet.

lol

This is true, Pat. If I was going to get some books pressed, I would send them to Joey. He's the only one I would trust with my books.

He's not the only one who does it BTW. Tony Starks from comicsinaflash is fantastic also. Especially with communication, transparency etc.