• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Acquires Classics Inc - Response to your Questions

1,162 posts in this topic

And Carmine Infantino still rules! :headbang:

Amen to that :headbang:

Dude, how did you get your little headbang guy to be in perfect sync with my little headbang guy? We gotta take this act on the road!! (worship)

It took hours and hours of excruciatingly difficult training :juggle:

:grin:

For my part, I love comics! I also don't get my undies in a bunch over non-issues related to the collecting of them. Pre-codes... :)

How long will you be on furlough from the woodwork?

For my part, I love comics! I also don't get my undies in a bunch over non-issues related to the collecting of them. Pre-codes... :)

You've lost me there. Sorry?

Oh, if you mean how long will I continue to poke at the conspiracy nuts wheezing and bleating about CGC and CI? I guess so long as it continues to garner my interest, probably no longer than that. Thanks for asking! :)

Regardless of this move by CGC and my level of agreement, I will still do the following:

1. Collect comics new and old

2. Keep all my slabs and not consider cracking them

3. Continue submitting books to CGC and/or purchase CGC slabs until a truly viable alternative is available (not PGX).

4. Use Joey and not use CI if I want my books pressed before submission

I agree with others on the issue of not taking this too far. This isn't the apocalypse yet...

You've lost me there. Sorry?

That happens a lot with TuwordyConan. :grin:

Regardless of this move by CGC and my level of agreement, I will still do the following:

3. Continue submitting books to CGC and/or purchase CGC slabs until a truly viable alternative is available (not PGX).

I agree with others on the issue of not taking this too far. This isn't the apocalypse yet...

I think some of comic books will probally go down in value, maybe for a different reason.

Last year the three big icons Batman,Spider-man and Avengers all had big blockbuster movies. This won`t be happening during the next year.

This is significant,especially with the bubble the Avengers had,and 20 percent of all slabbed comic books sold according to the GPA are Spider-man comics.

This could play a important factor in lukewarm sales over the next year.

This time frame might be good for buyers. (thumbs u

Any new questions been answered by CGC in this thread?

They answered an e-mail I sent asking about you...I was right.

More bench presses?

This except 2:

2. Keep all my slabs and not consider cracking them EXCEPT MY SWAMP THING #1 9.4

CGC established, built, & owns this market.

All Boardies into slabs operate at its mercy.

That's called a monopoly on certification.

They should delete this thread & issue strikes to those making accusatory demands.

That boy’s about as sharp as a pound of wet leather.

(Sharon inspired me; I’m only going to Foghorn it from here on in this thread.)

This thread's causing as much confusion as a mouse in a burlesque show!

I wouldn’t tolerate it. It’s bad for business. I’d sticky some FAQs & be done with this.