• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Storing/Protecting CGC Graded Books

41 posts in this topic

Very carefully.

Actually, by packing them in acid-free boxes in a place without direct sunlight, virtually no risk of catastrophe-related water damage, and with a relatively cool temperature.

I buy the CGC Comic Book boxes, I have a cabinet that has other slabs stacked and then I have one or two floating around by the desk that I am looking at right now that I need to find a home for.

I apologize in advance because I know this has been asked before, but I couldn't find the thread.

How do you protect your CGC graded comic books?

By not smearing dinner on them or smashing them against walls?

This gives new meaning to bangers and mash :grin:

I apologize in advance because I know this has been asked before, but I couldn't find the thread.

How do you protect your CGC graded comic books?

By not smearing dinner on them or smashing them against walls?

I've been using mine for dinner trays. It helps my books retain their pressed glory with all of the heat.

There was a thread a few months ago about how to stack CGC books. Unfortunately, there was no consensus as to whether you would be better storing them vertically -- as they would typically be in boxes -- or horizontally -- as on a shelf. By default, I think most people store them stacked vertically in boxes because that's what we were used to doing with bagged comics.

I suspect the best way to store cgc'd books is sideways with the spine edge down. Horizontally is probably ok too. The edge of the inner wells and gravity aren't always kind to books with overhang or even books without any overhang.

You make sense but surely CGC designed the holder to be stored and viewed vertically ?

Do you store all yours sideways spine down ?

I suspect the best way to store cgc'd books is sideways with the spine edge down. Horizontally is probably ok too. The edge of the inner wells and gravity aren't always kind to books with overhang or even books without any overhang.

Certain books of mine are purposely laid in a box spine side down.

After consideration though, I am leaning toward the best way to keep high value books is to lay them flat and stack them.

After consideration though, I am leaning toward the best way to keep high value books is to lay them flat and stack them.

How high?

My goal is to stack all my restored 6.5 copies of X-Force 1 until they rival the height of major New York landmarks.

How high?

My goal is to stack all my restored 6.5 copies of X-Force 1 until they rival the height of major New York landmarks.

How many slabs are you comfortable stacking?

I use those high end drawer boxes, stacked four high. But, all the really higher end stuff is stored in the bank.

I'd love to get CGCs opinion here - I assume many of us stack them on top of eachother (stacks of slabs), or something like what I do. Would be nice to be warned of impedding doom (ever drive a Chrysler until about year 12-14, when the serpentine belt and a few of the key gaskets would suddendly blow hm hm )