• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rachel Rising

1,571 posts in this topic

#1 can be a pain to get in high grade due to the solid colored covers.

Pat

Forget about high grade.

Getting issue 1 in any condition is going to be tough.

The 2 listing on ebay looks like they can break USD100 easily.

Jeff, didn't know you were a fan of Terry's, great to see!!

Terry was a HUGE influence on me growing up, and getting into books. If you have not read SIP, I'd suggest you get it. I'm behind on RR, but do have a few copies. Very very happy to see this happen, as Terry is one of the friendliest and talented guys around!

I just downloaded and read #1.

*spoon* now I need to read the rest.

Good news / bad news. LoneTree let me borrow the trades and they are in the mail. But, I'm out of state and won't be back for 4 days.... Ahhh, the wait!

(thumbs u

On the one hand I'm happy to see new readers come on board with this book.

I've been there from the start and said positive things about it when I read the first 7 or so issues.

But lets not get ahead of ourselves.

As any Hack/Slash readers know, the original DDP series carried the banner along the lines of "Now in talks to be a major motion picture!".

That was 2007 and nothing ever materialised. So I'll take it with a pinch of salt.

But the book is awesome and so is Terry Moore, so for his sake I'd like to see more readers come aboard, pick up the books and trades and put some cash in his pocket for his work.

I've been there from the start and said positive things about it when I read the first 7 or so issues.

As any Hack/Slash readers know, the original DDP series carried the banner along the lines of "Now in talks to be a major motion picture!".

That was 2007 and nothing ever materialised. So I'll take it with a pinch of salt.

But the book is awesome and so is Terry Moore, so for his sake I'd like to see more readers come aboard, pick up the books and trades and put some cash in his pocket for his work.

Ditto. And I was kind of jokin. Don't think this will blow up like Sixth Gun, but the material is strong.

Here's one! I have 1, 2, 4, 5, and 7 in 9.8, but no others. I got them from a guy on Ebay who does subscriptions for 9.8's and I guess whoever ordered them did not take them.

IMG_0015_zps68a0fcdc.jpg

How much for the 9.8 1 , please don't tell me $7500 ....lol

The TV show is good news, but before, during, and after the show, it is not for sale. I don't sell anything- ask my wife!

Stop putting off the speculators.

#1 can be a pain to get in high grade due to the solid colored covers.

Pat

Forget about high grade.

Getting issue 1 in any condition is going to be tough.

The 2 listing on ebay looks like they can break USD100 easily.

Guess I should pull all my copies then. lol

[ Don't think this will blow up like Sixth Gun, but the material is strong.

I think the comic (and potential TV series) has potentially wider appeal than TSG.

I'd say quite a few unmade TV series based on comic books have potential to have wider appeal than other unmade TV series based on comic books. Hypothetically speaking.

:P

... are you getting at it being more popular currently as a comic than TSG as TSG has a pretty small audience on floppy (potentially quite a few on digital / trade)?

Agree with Cujo that the source material is strong. The potential for the comic to now blow up is very good though... like a few other books of this era it stands on its own merit with or without a TV series, talk about one is however lighting the fuse. For me the thing about titles like TWD, TSG or RR is that they don't feel like a TV show has an easy shot at besting the comic format, it's just icing on the cake.

Other potentials out there with movie deals or shows (have not read them all so take a pinch of salt) can often feel somewhat hollow in my mind... as if the show / film could be good but you still end up with a lack luster book in your hand.

RR is (maybe was) like TSG was before talk of a show... good number of people really enjoying it for an indie comic but not many talking about it.

Have to tip my hat to SongsAboutClouds for getting me interested in it again a while back ;) Cheers!

Don't go blowing up the prices until Jeff gets all my copies! I've been trying to get these for 6 months now. Very hard to find #1 in high grade.

Not to mention, Alcon is new company less than a year old. I'm not holding my breath but if it happens, awesome!

Don't go blowing up the prices until Jeff gets all my copies! I've been trying to get these for 6 months now. Very hard to find #1 in high grade.

Not to mention, Alcon is new company less than a year old. I'm not holding my breath but if it happens, awesome!

I believe that the fact that a brand new company chose this is their property, basically a 'make it or break it' proposition, bodes well for it. It shows their commitment, as well as makes a statement as to their believe in the strength of the material.