• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Artist's Choice Annual Sale announcement

132 posts in this topic

so you hardly ever buy art then?

You must love making one sentence posts that attempt to show how insightful you are, while at the same time being snide to the person it is directed against. You are a talented guy.

are you still upset i deleted your PM without reading? I'm sure it was full of wisdom. Why don't you talk more about the commission with anonymous artist that almost was.....How dare anonymous artist not do your commission.

How about this.....how about you try to be less of a punk and try to not be rude to people for no reason other than being rude?

My pm to you was nothing of the sort....and even wished you a Happy New Year. You are the one who chose to ignore that. I chose to call you out on it once I saw you doing the same thing to another poster. Call it what you will....and I will do the same...and the way I call it is that you are a very unpleasant person. Happy New Year.

did you send this to all the other people in the commission thread who are facepalming your stupid post? I'm going to guess no.

No.....only one other person is as rude as you are. There have been some other posts that are phrased to form a discussion, your post was phrased to belittle. We both know that your choice to call out my post was uncalled for. I have always been nothing but respectful to people on here, but I guess it is too much to expect the same, especially from a long time member like yourself. However, I am not afraid to stand up for myself, which is what I am and was doing. Your remarks, however, brand you as a coward in my book. What asinine response are you going to come up with this time?

Your original post was still stupid, how about you stop derailing this thread and take your high horse elsewhere.

Sure thing BP.

I just emailed Spencer and asked him how he was going through the orders and what the overall status of the sale was. I mentioned that people were asking questions here regarding orders. Here's his response (posted with his permission):

"I only have ONE email order from December 5th and ONE email order from December 6th left to respond to and those are waiting for specific answers from artists whom I do not have their artwork in my possession.

If you have not yet heard back, please check your SPAM filters as the response might be in their or I never got the email.

If you do not have a response, it is far faster and more efficient to email me directly rather than post on a message board.

For the sake of perspective, every year I get SLAMMED with orders the first two days of the sale.

This year ( on December 5th and December 6th alone ) I got in excess of SIX HUNDRED orders for well in excess of 5,500 assorted pages of artwork.

As well, I have not taken time off for the holidays as everyone suspects.

On Christmas Day alone I processed 45 orders.

It takes many many hours to pull all of these pages, process the discounts and confirm available pages as well as ship the pages as they come in.

A big THANK YOU to all of those who wait patiently for me to process the your sale order.

I do my best to give everyone the higher than any other website discounts, as fast service as I possibly can and the best selection of modern artwork available anywhere on the Internet.

Thank you to everyone for your ongoing support and patronage.

It means a great deal to myself and the artists I represent.

-Spencer"

Thank you for posting this. I put my order in on the 6th. I just checked my spam folder, and since nothing's there I guess I should assume I'm the order he is still checking the art on? Should I email him and ask? I dont want to bother him

Given what he wrote, I would email him.

Since he's got so few open orders left for the 5th and 6th it will probably be easy for him to give you an update.

This page mentions my favorite band New Found Glory.

mQRWdO7FUmhzhup1MIe4yH5Wo1_500.jpg

They got a write up in Alternative Press back when it happened and gave away free issues of the book at their concert when it came out. I just happened to come across the page on The Artist's Choice and took advantage of the sale recently. Small personal grail for me.

Great page!

I also completed an order as part of Spencer's sale and it was a great experience. I can attest that Spencer was working on Christmas day as that is when I received confirmation that the 2 pages I ordered were confirmed as available and on hold for me. Getting an email from Spencer on Christmas day was the last thing I expected (who works on Christmas?) but a great and pleasant surprise. Spencer is tops in my book.