• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Know this ebay seller?

18 posts in this topic

Does anyone know/have feedback on this ebay seller?

Re: resto, they always say: All items listed are checked to the best of our abilities and found to be UNRESTORED!

That phrasing always bothers me. Does it bother anyone else here?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Justice-League-of-America-1-DC-1960-1st-App-ORIGIN-Despero-Flash-Batman-/321034804893?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4abf2a5e9d

To me, that usually means "It's restored and you can't file a claim". Bid as if it was restored and play on the safe side.

I don't read it as such, at least not from the overall feel of this seller's auction.

Does it matter what exactly they say in the specific auction honestly. If it has resto you have 45 days to be able to final a SNAD against them via PayPal. If you need more time than that to tell then you shouldn't be buying raw from eBay unless it is a specific seller that you trust and will back a refund outside of your buyer protection.

SNAD on Paypal is not as easy as it sounds. Remember a year ago with Ed selling me a majorly restored Flash 123 and PP sided with the seller. Only after the registered agent of Paypal in NYC was served they suddenly reverse their decision. They didn't even want the tracking info. Nothing. They just credited my account and send send it back when you can.

Recently I was scammed with a H 181 by a seller. Nice nice raw copy. BIN, paid, and the seller refunded the money saying my addresses didn't match. After a few emails, we did another BIN. Something smelled fishy and the second transaction was cancelled. Two weeks later, I get a letter from PP saying sorry, the sellers bank bounced the e-check or whatever; not our problem. What I understand is the seller took the instant payment, deposited it so his PP account was zero, refunded via e-check(?), and pulled all the funds out so it would bounce. PP was less than helpful so the easiest solution was to not deal with PP and just do a chargeback.

The best deals on E-Bay are usually boardies that say "are you on the CGC boards" and then we take our transactions off line. Never had one problem. On EBay it's a shoot. Bid as if you're going to get the smelly side of the stick and be careful.

He's a shady seller. There's a couple of threads on him. I don't deal with him.

This is what I was looking for - thanks.

Many ebay raw book sellers will say outright it's guaranteed unrestored. Of course that means they've cracked it out of a blue slab and are jacking up the grade, but I do have faith that in those cases the books will indeed be unrestored.

Not so much here...

To me, that usually means "It's restored and you can't file a claim". Bid as if it was restored and play on the safe side.

I don't read it as such, at least not from the overall feel of this seller's auction.

Does it matter what exactly they say in the specific auction honestly. If it has resto you have 45 days to be able to final a SNAD against them via PayPal. If you need more time than that to tell then you shouldn't be buying raw from eBay unless it is a specific seller that you trust and will back a refund outside of your buyer protection.

+1

I sell on eBay and plan to start selling more on these boards but I can't guarantee there has been no resto on raw books. I just won't (now this is not to say I wouldn't refund the $ if resto is found, different story). I check to the best of my ability and I'm upfront about it. As stated, CGC says the same thing, from the back of the label...

"...a good faith effort is made to detect restoration, but CGC does not warrant this process or the results...At the sole discretion of CGC, very minor colour-touch or glue may be assigned a marked and colour coded "Universal" lable, however, a description of the detected restoration, in general or specific terms, will be disclosed."

As for this seller, I have sent questions and they have been promptly answered but I have never purchased. One thing that always surprised me was/is the price point this seller achieves...Could someone provide the link to the previous threads about this seller?

I remember this guy. I recognize the layout of the images at the bottom that you can click on for bigger images.

I bought GA Batman from him. When it came I noticed the CF was detached at the top staple. I'm sure he probably knew, but did not mention it in the auction. I messaged him and he agreed to refund me $20 or something. At the time I thought that was a little less than what I was due, but I took it. This must have been about 4 years ago, way back when I bought stuff on ebay.