• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC - 1 staple detached...

11 posts in this topic

Might as well ask it here: Does a detached centerfold at either staple (not both) get a Blue or a GLOD?

Does it affect the grade?

Based on my experience...

CGC no longer notes a detached centerfold. You have the choice to get a green label stating the qualified grade with the detached centerfold

Or

You can get a blue label and they knock the grade down appropriately.

I had a ST 107 that had a detached centerfold and the grade was 5.0 blue with no notation of it.

The person who submitted it asked for a blue label

Might as well ask it here: Does a detached centerfold at either staple (not both) get a Blue or a GLOD?

CGC no longer notes a detached centerfold. You have the choice to get a green label stating the qualified grade with the detached centerfold

Or

I had a ST 107 that had a detached centerfold and the grade was 5.0 blue with no notation of it.

I would be VERY irritated at CGC if I bought a book in a blue label missing a staple or was detached that wasn't noted. Kinda defeats the purpose of the GLOD. I thought that certain defects could be under a blue label within a cap limit of a grade, but this brings minimal information to a whole new level.

They need to document these for consumer education or stick within their own limitations, instead of making stuff up as they go. Unbelievable.

Or

How many consumers do you think actually understand that? When standing before a con-wall of slabbed books or viewing sales scans?

I'm guessing the percentage of consumers who fully understand and consider what is allowable in Universal is very, very small. A vast majority probably translates Universal as "safe to buy, problem free unrestored original".

Or

I would be VERY irritated at CGC if I bought a book in a blue label missing a staple or was detached that wasn't noted. Kinda defeats the purpose of the GLOD. I thought that certain defects could be under a blue label within a cap limit of a grade, but this brings minimal information to a whole new level.

They need to document these for consumer education or stick within their own limitations, instead of making stuff up as they go. Unbelievable.

Has anyone else noticed that there seems to be a lot more golden age comic books that have tape on them graded as blue labels?

The giveaway is the blue label graded taped golden age comic book seems to be always priced lower than the blue label graded non- taped golden age comic book.