• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New 'Man of Steel' Trailer

166 posts in this topic

Love the trailer. Hope the movie holds up.

Me too. :wishluck: Although I wish it weren't another Origin tale.

I really miss Superman. If it's bad I'll chalk it up to a Elseworlds reimagining, enjoy it on its own terms.

I think the franchise needs an origin tale. It's been a long time since we've seen an origin.

Superman Returns should have never happened and there should have been an origin tale in its place.

Love the trailer. Hope the movie holds up.

Me too. :wishluck: Although I wish it weren't another Origin tale.

I really miss Superman. If it's bad I'll chalk it up to a Elseworlds reimagining, enjoy it on its own terms.

I think the franchise needs an origin tale. It's been a long time since we've seen an origin.

Superman Returns should have never happened and there should have been an origin tale in its place.

Once again,i will vehemently disagree on this.

How many origin films can we stand to witness in our lifetime ?

The more reboots there are,the more the studios feel this is necessary.

You can never really move forward if you keep stalling at number 1.

This reasoning from the studios has to end once and for all.The literature is out there.In droves.Since 1938.

Eventually the origin,which should always be to the count of 1,will be changed so dramatically that will be unrecognized by the canon.

Why does it feel so wrong to get on with the plethora of super villains that exist ?

Surely the answer is always the same.Because the time is wrong and if you put Brainiac or Bizarro in this decade,they will invariably look goofy.

Shoot it like a Curt Swan and then you open the doors to a whole era of villains.

I'd say a good 7 films before it implodes itself back to Nuclear man from Superman 4.No origin and action galore.

Brainiac alone can give you a great film.Think of all the possibilities.From the Wiki page.

Most incarnations depict Brainiac (alias Vril Dox) as a bald, green-skinned alien android from the planet Colu, and one of the most dangerous villains in the DC universe, capable of possessing others, creating and manipulating computer systems, and exerting some control over time and space

I hope this works because there is no way anyone would sit for a 4 hour-film that establishes origin for an hour and action for the remaining time.

I am a huge Superman fan - even enjoyed Superman returns. This trailer is very interesting to me - I can't decide what I think. For one thing the CG cape is distracting to me. Also, it sounds like Hans has recycled a decent chunk of the Gladiator soundtrack which feels confused with the rest of the trailer.

I'll see the film regardless, but I have mixed feelings on the trailer.

It looks like they are doing some interesting things with the origin story - coping with powers as a kid etc. I especially like the bit that looks like they lifted from a DD story, where he can't block out all the noise of the world. This looks really good and I was expecting a complete turd.

There hasn't been an on-screen Superman origin since 1978.

There needs to be a retelling of his origin - I think if you asked most people who weren't comic book collectors, they would agree that they would want to see him "come to life" for the first time.

I agree. I'm ok with an origin on Supes.

The Spider-Man origin after like 6 or 7 years or whatever was ridiculous.

There needs to be a retelling of his origin - I think if you asked most people who weren't comic book collectors, they would agree that they would want to see him "come to life" for the first time.

I agree. Only 12 years between Spidey origins. I am OK with 34 years between Supes. I hope Brian Dennehy is Jor-El. He could be father to both Supes and Tommy Boy!!

I'm in the minority. I think the trailer was pretty lame. Lovely music, lovely photography, iconoclastic, sure, but somehow terribly cliche and generic at the same time.

Maybe it just caught me in pessimistic mood. I hope the finished movie is something special.

I'm in the minority. I think the trailer was pretty lame. Lovely music, lovely photography, iconoclastic, sure, but somehow terribly cliche and generic at the same time.

Maybe it just caught me in pessimistic mood. I hope the finished movie is something special.

Yes you would definitely be in the minority.

This movie is already the best movie of next summer. No movie is going to even be close.

Superman is the corniest character of all time, but even I have to admit this movie is going to be epic.

I agree. I'm ok with an origin on Supes.

The Spider-Man origin after like 6 or 7 years or whatever was ridiculous.

I see your points. My outlook is who doesn't know Superman's origin,

and is it worth so much real estate in an important property for DC?

But I'm very hopeful this is going to be the start of something big.

I agree. Only 12 years between Spidey origins. I am OK with 34 years between Supes. I hope Brian Dennehy is Jor-El. He could be father to both Supes and Tommy Boy!!

See Russell Crowe in the trailer ? (thumbs u

But i miss Brian Dennehy.