• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New 'Man of Steel' Trailer

166 posts in this topic

This looks to be phenomenal.

By Superman returns standards.

Of course the epic temp track helps a lot.Gravitas is through the roof.

The first part is Lisa Gerrard (Dead can dance ) and something from Gladiator.When he goes flying,that bone-chilling choir is from Elizabeth:The golden age.

AWESOME SCORE.THANKS FOR POSTING

trailer looks good to me, wish I could see more. oh well.

is it me or are they changing the reason behind his flying ability? it's always been the "lighter gravity on Earth as opposed to Krypton" thing. but in that one shot before he takes off, it looks like he is able to move the air around him. which could explain acceleration and the "vapor trail" thingy.

is it me or are they changing the reason behind his flying ability? it's always been the "lighter gravity on Earth as opposed to Krypton" thing. but in that one shot before he takes off, it looks like he is able to move the air around him. which could explain acceleration and the "vapor trail" thingy.

The air movement is just normal physics. Air tends to swirl when something passes through it. The vapour might also form when his movement creates friction in the small amount of air around him as he passes through a cold environment with moisture in the air.

Amy Adams is in this? I just realized that.

She generally makes good choices when it comes to movie. This might be a good movie after all.

The air movement is just normal physics. Air tends to swirl when something passes through it. The vapour might also form when his movement creates friction in the small amount of air around him as he passes through a cold environment with moisture in the air.

yeah that's what I was wondering, does he have some sort of force field around him or aura which moves the air around him. it's never been depicted this way before. I mean he's not moving when his fist is on the ground just before take off and yet you see the air and rocks start to swirl.

yeah that's what I was wondering, does he have some sort of force field around him or aura which moves the air around him. it's never been depicted this way before. I mean he's not moving when his fist is on the ground just before take off and yet you see the air and rocks start to swirl.

I thought you were talking about when he was actually airborne.

I saw that stuff going on around his fist and figured it was him pressing on the earth with his fist that was causing a vibration just before he leapt off.

Now that you mention it, I see the swirl - interesting. No idea why it's there.

I love this trailer.

I'm just getting tired of Superman origin movies.

It's a decent trailer but come on...

:facepalm:

How many have their been? There were snippets of his youth in Superman Returns, but I don't think I'd call it an origin movie. It picks up 5 years after the events of Superman 2. Other than that, the last one was 1978. right?

I love this trailer.

How many have their been? There were snippets of his youth in Superman Returns, but I don't think I'd call it an origin movie. It picks up 5 years after the events of Superman 2. Other than that, the last one was 1978. right?

You're right. I'm exaggerating.

Just getting tired of origin movies in general. 2 Spider-man ones, 2 Batman ones, 2 Superman ones, etc, etc. plus constant delving into the past.

Just getting long in the tooth.

I love this trailer.

These movies are not aimed at people who were kids in 1978,but new generations.

I thought you were talking about when he was actually airborne.

I saw that stuff going on around his fist and figured it was him pressing on the earth with his fist that was causing a vibration just before he leapt off.

Now that you mention it, I see the swirl - interesting. No idea why it's there.

Is it a variation on the tactile telekinesis idea that Byrne introduced?

Send a force down into the ground by touching it, the force builds up until an equal and opposite reaction propels him up into the air, and he flies? Could also 'explain' the swirls developing, pseudo scientifically.

I liked the trailer, but fear for the actual film. I just don't have confidence that the powers that be, given the many possible ways to make a Superman film, with the pressure at stake to hit a home run, will have gotten out of each others way to write and tell THE great Superman film.

Focussing on the alien aspect may work. But feels dated. Other films like it haven worked lately. And if more than half the film is him growing up? Forget it. If they spend over an hour trying to get us to feel sorry for poor alien Clark, it won't work to a satisfying conclusion. That's too small.

I think people want to see Superman, confident, heroic and smart. The ultimate man. Trouble is that probably too cheesy at this point. I don't know what could work. My fear is that THEY don't either.

Guess we will find out soon enough.

Excellent points.

All the stories that leaked out around previous Superman films, Donner's maneuvering to save the character from permanent ruin, Kevin Smith's tale of the giant spider fight, don't exactly foster confidence.

And the "who am I ?" in the trailer just played out over ten frikken years in Smallville. Why rehash that angst all over again?

But you're right. All we can do is hope. :wishluck:

I love this trailer.

These movies are not aimed at people who were kids in 1978,but new generations.

Yeah. My grandson won't watch the 1978 movie no matter how cool I think it is.

It's too hokey for him.

I hope this movie brings the magic of Superman to a new generation of kids. I remember having butterflies as I stood in line to see it in '78. My kids and grand kids deserve to have that too.

I hope this movie brings the magic of Superman to a new generation of kids. I remember having butterflies as I stood in line to see it in '78. My kids and grand kids deserve to have that too.

Yes. :)

Ok,here's my question.

How many of you have kids ?

Would you say no to having your kids reading Ditko Spidey and Kirby Fantastic four on the basis that they look hokey ?

I stated in the scifi film contest that i had a friend who raised his 3-year old daughter first on 1933 King Kong and Universal monsters and she loves those.

She was exposed to those first.Then as she gets older,she can accept the true progression of the medium.

I had a buddy who will never in his lifetime read anything that is not Alex Ross.

And i also fear that the more newer origins we view,the less older comics they read.

After all why should they want to after seeing on a grand epic scale ?

i say canon is canon.

Just my 2c

Ok,here's my question.

How many of you have kids ?

Would you say no to having your kids reading Ditko Spidey and Kirby Fantastic four on the basis that they look hokey ?

I stated in the scifi film contest that i had a friend who raised his 3-year old daughter first on 1933 King Kong and Universal monsters and she loves those.

She was exposed to those first.Then as she gets older,she can accept the true progression of the medium.

I had a buddy who will never in his lifetime read anything that is not Alex Ross.

And i also fear that the more newer origins we view,the less older comics they read.

After all why should they want to after seeing on a grand epic scale ?

i say canon is canon.

Just my 2c

The thing is they watch the Disney Channel,Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon daily now,as well as play Nintendo,X-BOX, and Playstation,so it`s kind of hard for them to appreciate the canon.

I did try to show my son the old Godzilla and 1933 King Kong movies when he was six years old. His response was dad why are we watching a man in a dinosaur costume stomp on buildings?

Dad why are they using playdough(King Kong 1933) for special effects?

I asked him now at 12 years of age hey what to you think about Disney buying Star Wars?

His response as long as they don`t use those crummy special effects from the original version(1977). (shrug)

Just getting tired of origin movies in general. 2 Spider-man ones, 2 Batman ones, 2 Superman ones, etc, etc.

When was the first Batman origin movie?