• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I saw 'The Hobbit' tonight...(Spoiler free)

261 posts in this topic

Pretty meh.

It had a weird feel to it. Maybe because I saw it in 3-D, or maybe it was just me. But it felt like it was a made for TV movie. The acting was fine and the story was good, but something was missing. One of my friends said it felt like we were watching it while it was being filmed.

Like I said though, good acting. Some scenes were awesome. Some not so much. I'd say wait for it at the cheap theaters (second run, whatever).

One of my friends said it felt like we were watching it while it was being filmed.

That's been the chief complaint with the movie since people have started reviewing it.

Pretty meh.

It had a weird feel to it. Maybe because I saw it in 3-D, or maybe it was just me. But it felt like it was a made for TV movie. The acting was fine and the story was good, but something was missing. One of my friends said it felt like we were watching it while it was being filmed.

Like I said though, good acting. Some scenes were awesome. Some not so much. I'd say wait for it at the cheap theaters (second run, whatever).

hm darn, I really, really, want to like this movie.

One of my friends said it felt like we were watching it while it was being filmed.

That's been the chief complaint with the movie since people have started reviewing it.

i think that's the idea of realistic 3D. feeling like you're there?

The movie doesn't look "realistic"though, it almost looks too clear. This is one of the first times a major movie is filmed using 48 frames per second but it does something to the way the movie presents on the screen...and I'm not sure it's because the movie looks funny or we're just not used to seeing it that way but it does something to the depth perception (or better said, how it appears on the big screen).

So far I haven't been a huge fan of it.

The movie doesn't look "realistic"though, it almost looks too clear. This is one of the first times a major movie is filmed using 48 frames per second but it does something to the way the movie presents on the screen...and I'm not sure it's because the movie looks funny or we're just not used to seeing it that way but it does something to the depth perception (or better said, how it appears on the big screen).

^^^^ yep.

I also heard people were getting sick during some test screenings. I didn't see any of that in my theater, but I was kind of hoping too.

Gives it a soap opera look.

Considering that he is pumping out three movies out of this book, it could be suffering from Phantom Menacitis in that it is setting up the story.

Since I never read the Hobbit.

Do they just walk the entire movie just like the other 3 movies? (shrug)

Some guy with a DeLorean shows up to give Bilbo a ride to Smaug's house, but other than that - it's mostly walking.

No. Actually they drive go-karts around in this one.

Some guy with a DeLorean shows up to give Bilbo a ride to Smaug's house, but other than that - it's mostly walking.

Oooh. Smartassed answer. I'll be watching you. hm