• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Help problems with DCBS orders!!!!!!!!!!!!

95 posts in this topic

I used to do the same thing. While knowing what the types of comics the market currently is liking you can read the order book two months in advance and see stories that were a long the same lines or it just looks cool. I also had a high turn around of what I predicted.

Here is the reply from Carrie about the missing books she told me to be satisfied with the credit for the books:

"All of the items that we were unable to fill have been credited back to the credit card we have on file. It clearly states on our site that we do not accept returns. If you attempt to return the items, the shipment will be refused. 'The books that you are referring to were zeroed out of your orders many months ago. All three items sold out through IMage and when we had customers request to have them added to their orders, we added them and they were paid for."

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Carrie

Discount Comic Book Service

www.dcbservice.com

InStockTrades

www.instocktrades.com

My Digital Comics

www.mydigitalcomics.com

Right here she admits they were sold to other customers who could have been herself or her best friend. Now, I am left with the rest of the books to pay for, because they will not accept returns. Image sold out the books so they took my books and sold them. Now, what do you have to say/

I believe you are interpreting their response incorrectly. The lady states that when a book is in stock or there is sufficient extra stock (speculating as in ordered after the guarantee deadline) and added to a customers order it is charged to them. She states your order was zeroed out and not charged, implying you pre ordered the books after the cut off date and subject to their terms of filling non guaranteed preorders/reorders. That is how I , as a mail order comic wholeseller/retailer interpret the response

I believe you are interpreting their response incorrectly. The lady states that when a book is in stock or there is sufficient extra stock (speculating as in ordered after the guarantee deadline) and added to a customers order it is charged to them. She states your order was zeroed out and not charged, implying you pre ordered the books after the cut off date and subject to their terms of filling non guaranteed preorders/reorders. That is how I , as a mail order comic wholeseller/retailer interpret the response

I think Gator is correct here, and was why I asked pages back WHEN you were submitting your orders. If they were after the Diamond deadline they would fill them as best they could from the stock they ordered. Sounds like they couldnt fill your order and thus your order was zeroed out, so it was never in your "next shipment" package.

When Carrie says all of the items in question have "been credited back to the credit card" I'm assuming that they credited you back at the time the order was zeroed out yes?

Diamond rules in all of this. Distributors have to play by their rules & cutoff dates. Maybe some of the other vendors you mentioned buy enough stock (for their stores) that they can fill your order after the Diamond deadline, but it appears that DCBS stays pretty tight to their pre-order numbers.

As I said before I myself have gotten burned by this (waited till the end of the month to pre-order an IDW Artist Edition, and then missed out on the 1st print run). DCBS states submission deadlines on their site & in their preorder forms.

by the way this months due date is December 26, 2012

make sure your order for Uncanny Skullkickers #1 is in on time.

Play by the rules, if you dont and you get burned (in this case "Burned" only means you didnt get the book you ordered late and you got the money back), dont cry about it.

:facepalm:

This is the most ridiculous thread I've read on the boards. The OP's argument is completely empty of facts, and has one crazy assumption on top of another. It's as if he's a conspiracy theorist in training, and this thread is homework for a course he's taking.

. Now, I pre order books from them and it takes about 30 days before the books come in.

Preview orders are 60 days, aren't they? Whenever I get a Previews it's for books coming out in 2 months, not 1. Could this be your problem, you're ordering after the guaranteed Previews cut-off date?

You are right to call yourself Shellhead, why even comment if you do not care...you could be doing something else why even bother responding if you don't care.

lol

You are wrong Captain Paragraph. This is currently my favorite thread. Please continue.

lol hardest laugh of the day so far!!!

I buy a lot of new comics online and I have done a lot of ordering with DCBS but, I am having a real problem with my orders. I order the books and normally it is around $200 or so in books each month. But, all my hot titles are canceled by them and I am left to pay for the other books.

Thanks in advance

Can you take some screen shots of your orders online that show the cancellation?

Pretty crazy, yes. But four years old....

Yes, he is.

He is the Dark Side of our much revered Class of '08. :(

Now is the time to hug our teddies close...

Solemn_by_alternative_glamour.jpg

Pretty crazy, yes. But four years old....

Yes, he is.

He is the Dark Side of our much revered Class of '08. :(

Now is the time to hug our teddies close...

Solemn_by_alternative_glamour.jpg

:roflmao: