• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man #1 value

30 posts in this topic

Yeah, tape on the cover is definitely a deal breaker for me. Then again, I don't mind miswraps and actually LOVE date stamps so to each their own (shrug)

Dont mind miswraps?

LOVE date stamps?

Mind = blown

:screwy:

A nice, neat date stamp gives a book some character IMO. I love em!

Miswraps? As long as they are minor and straight, I can definitely look past them (shrug)

If the date stampe is on the back cover (and somewhat neatly placed) I can live with it.

Miswraps are really hard for me to get past.

Just got it back from CGC. There is a piece missing along the spine.. I guess they had to remove it in order to encapsulate the book.. Damn

cci2712201200000.jpg

cci2712201200001.jpg

Never heard of that happening. Returning the book because for some reason it can't be slabbed happens. But I would be very surprised if they removed a piece of the cover to slab the book. You may want to call them.

I'd say congrats too, and without disparaging your book I'd give it a 1.0 instead of a 1.5 but not a 0.5 as this book is basically complete in every way. And that it is fully attached at the staples and the page quality is a huge plus on a sub 2.0. So I'd expect the low end of a 1.5 when selling but you never know.

Ed