• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
39 39

11,732 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, 35CentEra said:

So this is a Hot book now? Really? Seriously?

BTW Thor 281 - 282 , a nice little story and some of Pollards best work - lot of really cool backgrounds by him and Marcos especially in 281.

Very tiny CGC population compared to other books recent MCU has made hot - probably due to apathy and 40 years of sitting in dealer's discount bins.
thor282cgc98.thumb.JPG.f2f76eee01384319e608021e11ebc343.JPG

Perhaps some are confusing Tempus with Gorr??

19 minutes ago, MattTheDuck said:

Perhaps some are confusing Tempus with Gorr??
thor282cgc98.thumb.JPG.f2f76eee01384319e

Loki tie-ins:

- 1st Time Keepers.
- Immortus/"He Who Remains" and 1st app of his Citadel

due to such a low graded population I don't expect to see many slabbed sales to track for a while until subs start popping.

Edited by 35CentEra

2 hours ago, 35CentEra said:

Agreed. At least unlike some of the recent nonsense, Thor 282 is a 42 year old book that first hit the stands in January 1979 (cover dated April 1979) with a low CGC graded population. Plus a great cover and interiors IMHO.

And before the Loki show, the TVA was true esoterica; you could show you really know your stuff if you knew about it. Now, it is mainstream. And seeing what is in this issue, it makes complete sense to me for it to jump. We have seen books from all ages explode due to the MCU and this one is no different. The only surprise is what issue it is lol

On 7/16/2021 at 11:06 PM, 35CentEra said:

BTW Thor 281 - 282 , a nice little story and some of Pollards best work - lot of really cool backgrounds by him and Marcos especially in 281.

Very tiny CGC population compared to other books recent MCU has made hot - probably due to apathy and 40 years of sitting in dealer's discount bins.
thor282cgc98.thumb.JPG.f2f76eee01384319e608021e11ebc343.JPG

Nice Book!  Good to see Pollard getting some love even though those most of those now seeking the issue have no idea who he is :)

Edited by MAR1979

On 7/17/2021 at 1:36 AM, divad said:
On 7/16/2021 at 11:06 PM, 35CentEra said:

Seriously hard to believe. :facepalm:

It shouldn't be hard to believe at this point. This silliness started with Rocket Raccoon and Squirrel Girl and shows no sign of stopping. When characters like that get hot we shouldn't be surprised anymore when utter fringe characters suddenly pop. 

On 7/17/2021 at 1:45 PM, MAR1979 said:

Nice Book!  Good to see Pollard getting some love even most of those now seeking the issue have no idea who he is :)

I don't know much about him either, but I did note reading ASM 194 that the interior art is really cool.

Edited by Heronext

1 hour ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

I actually wrote one of these letters! Fun to see this in the podcast.

No way!  Which one? Would you be interested in coming onto the show to talk about it? 🙂

Seems to be a lot of Avengers Annual 10 (especially graded copies) selling today.  Any word on Rouge that I've not heard of?