• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
39 39

11,732 posts in this topic

On 8/2/2021 at 3:32 PM, cd4ever said:

Highly unlikely he's a billionaire. 

Well........I don't know about highly unlikely. He knew what he had all along and held out for years for more money. The GOT deal with HBO had to have been worth a few hundred million at least. Plus millions of books sold, all the merchandise rights, and there is no doubt he milked HBO for all he could to allow them to make the news shows they plan in the future. He could pretty much name his price at that point.Plus he probably invested like crazy. If he ain't a billionaire he's damn close. :signofftopic:I know I know

On 8/2/2021 at 8:47 PM, Readcomix said:

Love this prediction; totally forgot that meeting.

I have been thinking #142 might be a longshot cheap bet for those who like to spec — this is the Kang story where Two-Gun Kid and Hawkeye become friends via time travel, and Two-Gun comes back to modern times with him. Hawkeye and the Two-Gun Kid just has a made for Disney+ ring to it. Might not last more than 2 seasons,  it I could see it.

But your #132 call is much safer/more likely to find renewed relevance.

I have to say.... this era of the Avenger comics was one of my favorites.  I loved the time travel, I loved getting the Two-Gun Kid involved, I loved how they melded the Visions origin with the original Human Torch..... just some really good creative writing going on in those days.

On 8/4/2021 at 10:40 PM, Albert Thurgood said:

What writing: after getting whacked and in the instant before losing consciousness, who would ever think:

image.png.1457a8ff538f172d6c007e0ebef9adcd.png

Instead of saying "OW!" Must have been paid by the word.

I think Rodney did it better

On 8/7/2021 at 9:04 AM, dikran1 said:

I guess this is a 10k book now? (shrug)

D3DF8290-1AA7-4D0A-9052-22F4714D56BA.jpeg

That will seem cheap if Marvel ever announces an Alpha Flight show or movie as all the non-comic people flock in and buy them up.  Then it will come out and everyone will remember no one cares a whole lot about Alpha Flight and it will drop like a rock.

On 8/7/2021 at 9:04 AM, dikran1 said:

I guess this is a 10k book now? (shrug)

D3DF8290-1AA7-4D0A-9052-22F4714D56BA.jpeg

This is at least the 3rd auction where its been roughly around this number. I think the other 2 were Clink.

XM100 9.8 hammered at 7k in same auction. Early new Xmen still going strong. 

Edited by MGsimba77

On 8/8/2021 at 6:28 PM, Xenosmilus said:

Silver, but still hopefully it's an outlier, though pullback from most recent highs is occurring. 

On 8/9/2021 at 2:28 AM, Xenosmilus said:

Or a good sign, if you are wanting to buy a copy. :grin:

On 8/9/2021 at 1:12 PM, Catwomancomics said:

Amazing Spider-Man 194 cgc 9.8 last two sales over $5,000 according to GPA.

1A6DA065-55FC-426F-A7D1-70CF3E55B1A2.png

This I don't understand, which isn't saying much as I don't understand the Comic market at all these days. O.o

On 8/8/2021 at 11:51 PM, jcjames said:

Silver, but still hopefully it's an outlier, though pullback from most recent highs is occurring. 

Ebb and flow .... it's how reality works. It's a sign of a healthy market. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 8/9/2021 at 2:49 PM, Terry_JSA said:

On 8/9/2021 at 2:49 PM, Terry_JSA said:

Reminds me of what happened with X-Men #129.

I sold my last XMEN 129 for less than I paid, and now when I try to replace it (... I like the book), I keep getting shot down in flames. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu