• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
39 39

11,726 posts in this topic

On 9/1/2021 at 11:55 AM, PeterPark said:

Marvel Premiere 5 and 10 have not shown the What If bump yet, but with multiple appearances of Shuma Gorath in the Disney Plus show, I wonder if they are poised for a breakout? hm

Marvel Premiere 10 had a huge bump already. We talked about it in this thread a little while back.

On 9/7/2021 at 8:53 AM, ygogolak said:

Marvel Premiere 10 had a huge bump already. We talked about it in this thread a little while back.

Right, but I mean since showing up on the show. It's one thing to talk about rumors but Shuma Gorath has now had two real appearances. It didn't seem unreasonable to think that might drum up more interest.

On 9/7/2021 at 11:02 AM, PeterPark said:

Right, but I mean since showing up on the show. It's one thing to talk about rumors but Shuma Gorath has now had two real appearances. It didn't seem unreasonable to think that might drum up more interest.

Oh, gotcha. I haven't watched the last one yet.

Either way, I think once a book crosses the $100 mark it puts it out of the ballpark for the casual watcher.

The Peggy Carter book peaked around $60-70 and has cooled since.

On 9/5/2021 at 1:34 AM, Microchip said:

Thats a lot of love for the Defenders, sitting on a box of 92's for 40 years and thinking that ship is going to arrive in the umpteenth stage of the MCU franchise, with the Multiverse storyline.    Thats a pretty big crystal ball they're gazing into.

I was not meaning they bought them 40 years ago, I was meaning they bought a stack recently for a couple of dollars, then they push the book when they have a box full, lol.

On 9/9/2021 at 3:34 AM, herc2000 said:

I was not meaning they bought them 40 years ago, I was meaning they bought a stack recently for a couple of dollars, then they push the book when they have a box full, lol.

Thats usually how it goes.   But the prices were cheap, and one was a pedigree.    

"Cheap" CGC 9.8's and the Bronze Age user to be a regular thing, but not from what's been happening lately.   There's minor, semi, major, and mega keys are in every age right now, and the prices no longer have an upper limited just because it's a bronze, copper. or modern book. 

On 9/8/2021 at 12:29 PM, ygogolak said:

Audio movie? So a book on tape. Haven't seen that format move the needle yet.

I agree but it kind of highlights how crazy the current market is.  Is the character appearing in an obscure tv series enough to jack up prices - yep!  But an audio book has no impact for what reason?

On 9/9/2021 at 9:05 AM, ygogolak said:

Audio book is a comic book nerd x2. :roflmao:

Audio books should have no impact to the price of comics since so very few of the listeners seek out comics after reading the book.  But I'd be hard pressed to say a character appearing in a small tv show should have any more impact then the audio book but it does all the time.

On 9/10/2021 at 1:44 AM, divad said:

This the "Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay..." thread . . . 

Come on give them a break - you post up books that are not the least bit hot all the time.  Just sayin