• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

On 10/11/2021 at 9:00 PM, dikran1 said:

Her actual first appearance is in the Atlas Black Knight 1 though… She was already in the Runaways played by Elisabeth Hurley in season 3… 

Ah thanks!

I wouldnt have thought of the runaways ....

Good to know!

There is just so much to know lol

:shy:

On 10/11/2021 at 9:15 PM, dikran1 said:

Yeah i think only 12 other people watched Runaways :roflmao:

It hasn't been as publicized imo, or I barely hear about it. Probably a niche that may have nostalgia a long long time from now. I'm lazy in what I watch, but I do own a #1 cgc 9.4 and a raw that I've read.

It had mystery the 1st issue, and I'm not sure if that always leads to others picking up the rest of the series. Ie. Did I get my money's worth on the 1st go round? I always meant to pick up a tpb, but even over the years bin diving, I saw too many restarts or at least too many #1 issues.

Might have gapped it myself but never did revisit.

Still something to be said for 3 or more seasons 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 10/12/2021 at 11:11 AM, NP_Gresham said:

What are the census numbers?

Looks like a couple of ‘completionists’ bidding against each other to complete  their run. The winner here is the underbidder. 100 copies on the way to CGC right now as we speak

The market will be flooded and normalcy will return

I'm about to list mine on eBay for 900$ or Best Offer if he wants it :devil:

Oh my, the BA books still do sell, don't they? :bigsmile:

•  
  •  
  •  

•  
  •  
  •  

On 10/17/2021 at 7:54 PM, Albert Thurgood said:

I regard the BA beginning when they started having those word balloons with ridiculous text on the covers. For the FF they routinely started this at #101 (after a practice at #99).

My personal favorite is the Iron Fist cover where he's fighting Iron Man, and saying, "Oh no! Iron Man is knocking me out."  Ever been knocked out?  You don't have time to say shint.

On 10/17/2021 at 10:22 PM, MattTheDuck said:

My personal favorite is the Iron Fist cover where he's fighting Iron Man, and saying, "Oh no! Iron Man is knocking me out."  Ever been knocked out?  You don't have time to say shint.

the term is pre-knockout monologue :) 

Edited by fett

On 10/17/2021 at 10:54 PM, Albert Thurgood said:

I regard the BA beginning when they started having those word balloons with ridiculous text on the covers. For the FF they routinely started this at #101 (after a practice at #99).

My sanity and registry set says the Bronze Age for Fantastic Four began with issue 117 (first 20 cent issue).

Edited by FlyingDonut