• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

And just like that Avengers 232 is a $40 book. A few weeks ago I debated but eventually put back a $2 copy at last estate sale I was at. It's hard to buy junk. Seems like all those fringe books I pass on end up becoming something. I always ignored that whimsical looking character 

Edited by littledoom

On 10/19/2021 at 11:57 AM, littledoom said:

And just like that Avengers 232 is a $40 book. A few weeks ago I debated but eventually put back a $2 copy at last estate sale I was at. It's hard to buy junk. Seems like all those fringe books I pass on end up becoming something. I always ignored that whimsical looking character 

I did the same, but not from an estate sale lol Now I don't even remember where I saw it, a total jumble :roflmao: 

On 10/19/2021 at 12:12 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I did the same, but not from an estate sale lol Now I don't even remember where I saw it, a total jumble :roflmao: 

over 50 copies sold on ebay in the last 12 hours or so. Posted my 9.8 this afternoon to see if I get any takers.

Lets not forget Captain Marvel 27 as well.

On 10/21/2021 at 1:13 AM, gunsmokin said:

going to test the market with a Strange Tales 179 cgc 9.2 next to see how much love Pip gets.

People obviously don't know that Avengers #232 was from a very low period in the title's history. One of the many comics that were practically worthless, and will be again once the dust has settled. :whistle:

Iron Man #55 is the better buy. 2c

On 10/20/2021 at 12:40 PM, World Devourer said:

People obviously don't know that Avengers #232 was from a very low period in the title's history. One of the many comics that were practically worthless, and will be again once the dust has settled. :whistle:

agreed. So many first appearances! Mentor, Drax, Eros, Thanos, etc.

On 10/20/2021 at 6:40 PM, World Devourer said:

It is beyond belief people are willing to waste lots of  money on books like this, they must have all the keys already. O.o

On 10/21/2021 at 6:41 AM, batmiesta said:

It is beyond belief people are willing to waste lots of  money on books like this, they must have all the keys already. O.o

I'm speculating, but I believe at least some of the craze is due to the fact that younger readers simply don't know the history.

Therefore, they can't tell diamond from zircon.

On 10/21/2021 at 5:34 AM, World Devourer said:

Perhaps I should start buying up all the first appearances of Red Wolf and Omega The Unknown... :juggle:

actually I think the Red Wolf is already pretty high. no, seriously. :) Avengers 80? 

Probably should throw in Bloodstone, The Mummy, Mordred, Tigra, Nomad, and The Golem. :) Brother Voodoo has already jumped the shark. 

Edited by fett

On 10/21/2021 at 6:34 AM, World Devourer said:

Perhaps I should start buying up all the first appearances of Red Wolf and Omega The Unknown... :juggle:

The short box of each that you already have isn't enough ? :baiting: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu