• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,732 posts in this topic

On 1/6/2022 at 7:56 AM, MAR1979 said:

Forgetting Scott Lang's 1st app, the cover is a All-time Stone Classic and depending on the beholder the nicest rendered Avengers cover in existence.   George drew hundreds of excellent covers but Avengers 181 for many like myself is #1. Nothings say George Perez Avengers more than that cover.  

Agreed. I always loved that cover

Edited by littledoom

On 1/6/2022 at 12:29 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Perez signing I imagine 

My Astonishing Tales 25 has been stuck in CGC purgatory for "only'"4 months. I do wish I had not submitted it as I would now send it in for the signature. I'm not going to seek out another high grade copy to send now  :(

On 1/6/2022 at 12:32 PM, littledoom said:

Even more so now in all conditions .. there’s a big wave of Perez buying 

Sadly yes. Wish the reasons for that did not exist.  Key art also going insane. Decent COIE pages have always been in demand now you needs Buffet, Bezos, Burkey type money to afford them. Ok Burkey does not belong there but some in OCA world may get the reference??

Edited by MAR1979

On 1/8/2022 at 9:09 AM, Pantodude said:

Iron Man 47 (origin retold) and 54 (1st appearance of Moondragon (Heather Douglas) as Madame MacEvil) have been heating up.   

And 47 may well be the toughest issue in that run to find in high grade. Beautiful Barry Windsor-Smith art in that one, too.

On 1/8/2022 at 9:26 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I've never understood the interest in Moondragon, a character who was awful in the comics and whose chances of appearing in the MCU are as close to zero as it gets.

But she's bald and beautiful  :nyah:   Or it could be that the success of cable series like Expanse, which have very strong female characters commanding spaceships, etc., could pave the way for the likes of Madame MacEvil, and it doesn't hurt that her intro coincided with a Sub-Mariner story.  

I've never understood the interest in Moondragon, a character who was awful in the comics and whose chances of appearing in the MCU are as close to zero as it gets.

I always dug her. I was a kid in the 70s and dug the design of the character. I do agree that there is not much to her as a character but I dig the look.

I loved The Defenders and also The Champions growing up. I was a kid, what can I say? Always drawn to the forgotten and less popular, thats me.

I thought she was in End Game.  Who was at Dr.Strange’s house guarding the stone????