• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

On 1/10/2022 at 7:47 PM, Lazyboy said:

If you aren't the buyer of that book at that price, you are smarter. :shy:

Correct, that price is ridiculous, check out the Frankenstein #2 in 9.8 that went for silly money, then one offered a week or so later went for a fraction, same thing could happen with this book. 

On 1/12/2022 at 12:56 PM, ygogolak said:

You have this sorted by highest price. Only sales on GPA this year are $291 & $383.

Last year it was over $500 for a while due to him showing up in a Cates book.

or was Cates just "effin around" again

:roflmao:

Edited by MAR1979

A few recent BA sales :bigsmile:

•  
  •  
  •  

•  
  •  
  •  

On 1/18/2022 at 12:08 AM, kimik said:

For a bit. Then it may level off and pull back once the show hits like a lot of recent plays have in this fickle market. 

That being said, the trailer looks good.

I'm excited for this series, but I actually thought the trailer looked "meh." I watched it with a couple of friends during the playoff game who like some of the Marvel stuff but who are not comics guys (and had never heard of Moon Knight). Their take was that they'd check it out but the trailer didn't compel them too much. I really hope it's good though (and I think it will be).

On 1/19/2022 at 10:00 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

I'm excited for this series, but I actually thought the trailer looked "meh." I watched it with a couple of friends during the playoff game who like some of the Marvel stuff but who are not comics guys (and had never heard of Moon Knight). Their take was that they'd check it out but the trailer didn't compel them too much. I really hope it's good though (and I think it will be).

According to one of the YouTube videos I watched, it's the Werewolf By Night that he's beating up in the Moon Knight costume.

I have to admit, I'm really surprised that they decided to carry the werewolf character along with the Moon Knight series.  I wonder how they'll try to make that character interesting, as it's a trope that's been done to death since the very beginning of motion pictures.

On 1/19/2022 at 9:18 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

According to one of the YouTube videos I watched, it's the Werewolf By Night that he's beating up in the Moon Knight costume.

I have to admit, I'm really surprised that they decided to carry the werewolf character along with the Moon Knight series.  I wonder how they'll try to make that character interesting, as it's a trope that's been done to death since the very beginning of motion pictures.

Well, that would be pretty awesome if done right.

On 1/19/2022 at 9:03 PM, batmiesta said:

What's the deal with this book? (shrug)  Seems a hefty price for it.

Conan #12

This same exact copy sold on Heritage for $1,020.  Somebody decided to flip it and actually managed to get a couple hundred bucks even after ComicLink takes its cut.

I'll just say it's a book I'm actively hunting, and I stayed away both times.  At those prices, the miswrap is a real problem.

On 1/20/2022 at 3:53 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

This same exact copy sold on Heritage for $1,020.  Somebody decided to flip it and actually managed to get a couple hundred bucks even after ComicLink takes its cut.

I'll just say it's a book I'm actively hunting, and I stayed away both times.  At those prices, the miswrap is a real problem.

Yeah! At that price I would want perfect registration.  Another black cover #21 9.6 went for peanuts in comparison.  $201 

The hero movie may have been done and over-done.

The wider audience is drifting away by some counts and the 'fan-boy' interest is following the rule of 25 and melting away like the over-done re-boots at Marvel.

The comic books themselves have been losing interest for years. It is like boxing, you make your product too high end with Pay-per-view and endless variant covers and you gain in the short term with deep pocketed fans paying out, but you kill the wider audience.