• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
39 39

11,732 posts in this topic

180- 1st cameo

181- 1st full

182- 3rd

GSXM- 4th

I have no skin in this game, but I find it strange that a " 2nd appearance" is missing from this list.

When you look at it listed the way it is above, one gets a better idea of how absurd the whole argument is. Its like everyone is trying as hard as they can to not call 181 his 2nd appearance, and go as far as eliminating a 2nd appearance entirely. :screwy:

If 182 is his 3rd appearance, what is his 2nd? Anyone?

Then you have to ask.... If 182 is a cameo ( and it is ), why is it considered his 3rd appearance? Based on your standards above, should it not be considered his 3rd appearance ( cameo ) and Giant size x-men be his 3rd full? This is what you are doing for his first appearance above, but change your stance on later appearances ... again ... :screwy: why is there a double standard in place?

I personally think we should consider labeling books ( with 1st cameos ) from now on like this:

180 : 1st appearance of wolverine ( cameo )

181: 2nd appearance of Wolverine ( 1st full appearance )

182: 3rd appearance of Wolverine ( cameo )

Giant size X-men 1: 4th appearance of Wolverine ( 2nd full appearance)

Uncanny X-men 94 : 5th appearance of Wolverine ( 3rd full appearance)

To me, this explains his appearances properly. Cameo has been a term we have used in this hobby forever. It doesn't need to go away, just call them for what they are. They are appearances, period. Cameo or not, label them in order and call them what they are. It doesn't matter if a characters 4th appearance is his 1st full, its still his 4th appearance ( 1st full) (thumbs u

Absolutely,well stated. :applause:

180- 1st cameo

181- 1st full

182- 3rd

GSXM- 4th

I have no skin in this game, but I find it strange that a " 2nd appearance" is missing from this list.

When you look at it listed the way it is above, one gets a better idea of how absurd the whole argument is. Its like everyone is trying as hard as they can to not call 181 his 2nd appearance, and go as far as eliminating a 2nd appearance entirely. :screwy:

Then you have to ask.... If 182 is a cameo ( and it is ), why is it considered his 3rd appearance? Based on your standards above, should it not be considered his 3rd appearance ( cameo ) and Giant size x-men be his 3rd full? This is what you are doing for his first appearance above, but change your stance on later appearances ... again ... :screwy: why is there a double standard in place?

I personally think we should consider labeling books ( with 1st cameos ) from now on like this:

To me, this explains his appearances properly. Cameo has been a term we have used in this hobby forever. It doesn't need to go away, just call them for what they are. They are appearances, period. Cameo or not, label them in order and call them what they are. It doesn't matter if a characters 4th appearance is his 1st full, its still his 4th appearance ( 1st full) (thumbs u

...I approach this in an unorthodox manner, but agree with you for the most part. In my opinion, if you don't own 180, 181, AND 182 then you don't own Wolverines first appearance. It's all the SAME story. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

1st cameo, 1st full. 1+1=2.

I'm just listing them as I've always seen them noted since I started collecting comic books shortly after these books came out. I don't remember there ever being an issue about it. "1st full" lets you know there is a small previous appearance so it's a way of saying 2nd.

180- 1st cameo

181- 1st full

182- 3rd

GSXM- 4th

...I approach this in an unorthodox manner, but agree with you for the most part. In my opinion, if you don't own 180, 181, AND 182 then you don't own Wolverines first appearance. It's all the SAME story. GOD BLESS...

Same here, but I love how Silverdream summarized… Now let’s hope NO ONE brings the question on the table again! lol

When I first started collection seriously I couldn't find a Hulk 181 anywhere, then I got the Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe series when they came out and was surprised that Hulk 180 was listed as Wolverine's 1st appearance. Having never owned, or read either, I was just going by what I'd heard and saw in Mile High's ads in the comics back in '81-82. Got a 180 on my next trip to one of the only comic shops in the city for 5 bucks. Took me another 6 or 7 years to get a 181

180- 1st cameo

181- 1st full

182- 3rd

GSXM- 4th

I own the Wolverine/Hulk book from the '80s that reprints the story, so do I own the first appearance?

180- 1st cameo

181- 1st full

182- 3rd

GSXM- 4th

I own the Wolverine/Hulk book from the '80s that reprints the story, so do I own the first appearance?

...in a cool and much less expensive layer of the Multiverse..... yes, you do. Especially if it was the first place YOU read it. There are Infinite Realities......each beginning and ending at it's center...... GOD BLESS...

180- 1st cameo

181- 1st full

182- 3rd

GSXM- 4th

I like the 3-in-one story approach also. #180 is the first page, #181 is the meat of the story (money issue), and #182 is the last page. Each individual can call the first two parts of the story whatever they want. :)

(shrug) Am I missing something, looks normal to me?

Didn't you know that anytime something sells for a lot of money that isn't supposed to, it's due to shilling?

Possibly due to the fact that Spider-Gwen as SPIDER-WOMAN is crazy huge now. So some of those people might be interested in the first appearance of Spider-Woman.

I still haven't read Spider-Gwen, obviously the public don't call her that when in costume, or there'd be no point in wearing a mask.

Do they call her Spider-woman?

eosv%202_zpsbbqvsoaa.jpg

ta da

Right there on the cover huh? lol

Alot of movement on Trimpey books. The industry has spoken - Everyone is paying tribute to the true giant behind the green giant.

He did all green giants well:

MTLUG2.jpg

Alot of movement on Trimpey books. The industry has spoken - Everyone is paying tribute to the true giant behind the green giant.

He did all green giants well:

MTLUG2.jpg

+1

The first run I ever completed as a kid. :cloud9:

I collected Godzilla, Hulk, Indiana Jones, MTU and G.I. Joe. Herb was such an important part of my early collecting years.

Edited by Petey's Wheatcake