• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

One of those Luke Cage books should break out but I'm not sure if it will be 48, 50 or 54 (shrug)

I know people are pushing #54, but I can't see why it would heat up. Cage & Iron Fist are not being presented as Heroes for Hire, they are being presented as Defenders. Even if Heroes for Hire somehow played a part in the series, the term Hero for Hire was created in Luke Cage #1. Issue 54 always seemed like a cheap book that flippers, late too the party, latched on to.

One of those Luke Cage books should break out but I'm not sure if it will be 48, 50 or 54 (shrug)

I reported a 9.8 #48 a few months ago closing at 650.00.

I think that will be THE book to get other than the 1st 2 appearances of each character

Until they have a spinoff show called HEROES FOR HIRE.

No one is shoehorning a "first appearance" onto a label, the people arguing for cameos as legitimate "firsts" are trying to rewrite history for whatever reason.

Exactly, and what's weird about this whole deal, is that these anti-establishment people should be ecstatic that what they think is a first appearance is so vastly undervalued compared to what the hobby believes is a first full appearance. They're saving money hand over foot buying their most attractive issues compared to what a cameo would cost if someone owned a time machine and brainwashed Bob Overstreet.

It'll be 48 for sure - first Iron Fist team-up, Byrne art, low-selling point of the series (I missed that one growing up, and only caught the Byrne art by 49), Daughters of the Dragon appearance, IF vs. PM fight cover, etc.

50 is a possibility, as it's the first official title and it's got Byrne art, but I doubt it.

And as for 54, huh? The first time they pluralized Hero for Hire? That's sucker bait for the feebs and dweebs to waste money on. Buy PM 48 if you really think the team-up is going to heat up in back issues. But 54? lol

I know people are pushing #54, but I can't see why it would heat up. Cage & Iron Fist are not being presented as Heroes for Hire, they are being presented as Defenders. Even if Heroes for Hire somehow played a part in the series, the term Hero for Hire was created in Luke Cage #1. Issue 54 always seemed like a cheap book that flippers, late too the party, latched on to.

+1

It'll be 48 for sure - first Iron Fist team-up, Byrne art, low-selling point of the series (I missed that one growing up, and only caught the Byrne art by 49), Daughters of the Dragon appearance, IF vs. PM fight cover, etc.

50 is a possibility, as it's the first official title and it's got Byrne art, but I doubt it.

And as for 54, huh? The first time they pluralized Hero for Hire? That's sucker bait for the feebs and dweebs to waste money on. Buy PM 48 if you really think the team-up is going to heat up in back issues. But 54? lol

Isn't 50 the first team up? I thought they fought each other in 48?

Edited by blazincomics

50 is the title change

Wow, I wonder how much my "greggy copies" (CGC and raw) are worth?

I've really got to do some collection cleaning/dupe culling this Summer, as some of these prices are insane. I can remember giving my kids piles of She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, Nova, etc. issues (that drifted in with eBay lots) to read/rip-up and they'd probably put them through University now. lol

Still got quite a few still though. Probably more than a few. :devil:

I've really got to do some collection cleaning/dupe culling this Summer, as some of these prices are insane. I can remember giving my kids piles of She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, Nova, etc. issues (that drifted in with eBay lots) to read/rip-up and they'd probably put them through University now. lol

Please do. I think many on the boards would love to get a shot at some of your under copies.

Please do. I think many on the boards would love to get a shot at some of your under copies.

+1

Uh, yeah!