• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

Firestorm #1 "NM" @ $27 & 47 watchers? Really? Just anything will take off these days.

Come one catch up. :baiting: Been selling FS1s and FS3s for quite a while now.

Next one will be FS 24 I think.

24 would be from Vol. 2, and yes, definitely starting to creep.

I though 23 was the big one here?

FS 23 is the 1st App of Felicity Smoak. and FS 24 is the 1st App of Blue Devil - both worth having . . . ;)

Yes I left FS 23 out just because its really selling well now currently. I am going to regret selling my NM/NM+ copy last week.

24 is going to need some help to move, but I betting on seeing him get more press in Justice League Dark at some point.

thanks for apology but dang this board can be brutal when folks just want to share their thoughts

No kidding. People here need to chill. Not sure if some folks are just boosting post counts (shrug)

It's a good old boy club around here, or at least that's how it seems at times. Had the right person mentioned ST169 heating up no one would have questioned it. But a sub 1000 poster? No cred in the eyes of many. "Noob".

thanks for apology but dang this board can be brutal when folks just want to share their thoughts

No kidding. People here need to chill. Not sure if some folks are just boosting post counts (shrug)

It's a good old boy club around here, or at least that's how it seems at times. Had the right person mentioned ST169 heating up no one would have questioned it. But a sub 1000 poster? No cred in the eyes of many. "Noob".

How do we join the club? Do we have to boost post our count? lol

Not true at all. You say something that has been done to death, if you have 1 or 50k posts. You will be ridiculed. It really is not hatred. It is just the truth.

High post count Boardies get killed on here on a daily basis.

Just gotta laugh and shrug it off.

We're talking about comic books! All they bring is happiness!

People just like to argue.

Dave (KPR) was right on the money. I honestly thought it was Doctor Strange 169 versus ST 169. I was up late the night before watching a movie, albeit a good movie (Gone Girl), had a few too many glasses of wine and woke up a bit grouchy. I wouldn't look into it any more than that. I apologized. Lets move on.

Don't be too hard on yourself. I still get confused when I see a listing with Strange Tales 169 - I'm always thinking Doctor Strange 169... and then I see the pic :cry:

I feel the exact same way when I see ads for Marvel Spotlight # 6.

I'm like "2nd appearance of Ghost Rider?" and these day's it's almost always for vol. 2, the 1979 issue with Star Lord.

Wacky times...

Don't be too hard on yourself. I still get confused when I see a listing with Strange Tales 169 - I'm always thinking Doctor Strange 169... and then I see the pic :cry:

I'm like "2nd appearance of Ghost Rider?" and these day's it's almost always for vol. 2, the 1979 issue with Star Lord.

Wacky times...

I think majority of us were confused but at least we kept it to ourselves and not rag on the OP. (thumbs u

You want to talk about how much the latter has taken off? I bought a collection consisting of just CGC bronze/silver, and in the lot there was a DS 169 9.2. The seller had paid $168 shipped in 2006! Crazy, eh?

Wacky times...

I think majority of us were confused but at least we kept it to ourselves and not rag on the OP. (thumbs u

That was ragging? The OP thought it was "brutal"? Man, we got some thin skins around here. At the most it was mildly condescending and justice was served. The guy being condescending made himself look like a fool lol

Man, the movie speculation took a turn for the worse lol.

People are really reaching the bottom of the barrel with these. Who the hell is going to be paying top dollar for 1st Brother friggin' Voodoo or Moondragon.

100/100 casual fans wouldn't know these characters at all.

I know who they are.

I have ZERO interest in owning their 1st appearance.

Simple as that. Let other people sink money in them, while I buy what I like.

There so many books I perceive as "Keys" that I can buy for $725 in high grade.

And I could care less about movie speculation on them.

People are worried the "bubble" will pop with all this madness, but short term, I think it is great.

Filling dealer's pockets with money, more books will be bought from collectors, and repeat.

Helps me find books too, maybe just not the same ones.

How do we join the club? Do we have to boost post our count? lol

Just like anyone does: Make cogent, thoughtful, well-expressed posts consistently, over a period of time.

It's not rocket surgery.

No Marvel bronze age horror collection is complete without Brother Voodoo! I know it sounds like one of Hembeck's joke pages from the Marvel Age books, but it really is some of Gene Colan's finest '70's work along with his BV backup story in Tales Of the Zombie #6.

I dig the classics