• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

Astonishing 25 Raw

Just in general Astonishing Tales 25 are doing very very well

Raw graded at 9.8 by the seller and fuzzy pictures. Nothing could go wrong there right? :facepalm:

He has a raw Wolverine 50 listed as a 9.9, so he must have found something wrong with the AT 25.

He must have graduated from the Divad school of grading :baiting:

From a guy who couldn't grade his way out of a paper bag . . . :baiting:lol

Astonishing 25 Raw

Raw graded at 9.8 by the seller and fuzzy pictures. Nothing could go wrong there right? :facepalm:

He has a raw Wolverine 50 listed as a 9.9, so he must have found something wrong with the AT 25.

I don't think anyone graduates from that school. They leave early and decide to go pro.

Let's see, you've been here almost 6 months, you have 600 posts, and almost half of them have been about me. I would suggest you actually get a life of your own. :grin:

Astonishing 25 Raw

Still?? I thought this was due to some sort of appearance on Agents of SHIELD? I dont watch so someone would have to tell me if he's still in the show. Is there some storyline surrounding him?

???

He was involved in the central storyline that (mostly) wrapped up at the end of Season 1. I could be mistaken, but I don't think he's been back this year.

There was a character named Deathlok on Agent of Shield, but that character has very little to do with the character featured in Astonishing Tales 25.

Astonishing 25 Raw

Still?? I thought this was due to some sort of appearance on Agents of SHIELD? I dont watch so someone would have to tell me if he's still in the show. Is there some storyline surrounding him?

???

He was involved in the central storyline that (mostly) wrapped up at the end of Season 1. I could be mistaken, but I don't think he's been back this year.

There was a character named Deathlok on Agent of Shield, but that character has very little to do with the character featured in Astonishing Tales 25.

(shrug)

Astonishing 25 Raw

???

I don't watch the show, but are you sure about that?

I thought/heard the Deathlok on AOS is the same Deathlok in AS #25?

Edited by Erndog

they're both a injured young black men rebuilt as superhuman cyborgs by shadowy government agencies, both are good people but exploited for nefarious purposes of evil, while struggling to the right thing.

Its not Luther Manning on the TV show, but it is Deathlok. Modernized, with revised backstory to fit the tv show, but it is Deathlok. Its not like They have Wonder Woman and call her Deathlok.

If you like Deathlok, you might say, "Oh they effed up Deathlok", but you'll know its him.

He loves you!

Also, that new Deathlok series is pretty good. That may have something to do with it. I would say that he's the most popular he's been in 2 decades.

Astonishing 25 Raw

I don't think anyone graduates from that school. They leave early and decide to go pro.

Let's see, you've been here almost 6 months, you have 600 posts, and almost half of them have been about me. I would suggest you actually get a life of your own. :grin:

they're both a injured young black men rebuilt as superhuman cyborgs by shadowy government agencies, both are good people but exploited for nefarious purposes of evil, while struggling to the right thing.

Its not Luther Manning on the TV show, but it is Deathlok. Modernized, with revised backstory to fit the tv show, but it is Deathlok. Its not like They have Wonder Woman and call her Deathlok.

If you like Deathlok, you might say, "Oh they effed up Deathlok", but you'll know its him.

The Deathlok on the show has a passing resemblance to the character in Astonishing Tales #25, but that is about it. He has more in common with the rebooted Deathlok(s) we've been getting for the past few decades.

Here are a couple of web pages that have a good review of the Deathlok character that was presented in Astonishing Tales #25:

https://benjaminherman.wordpress.com/2013/01/21/comic-book-reviews-marvel-masterworks-deathlok/

http://marvel.com/universe/Deathlok_%28Luther_Manning%29

The original Deathlok was a dead soldier, not injured. A major point of the original Deathlok was he is a man at odds with the computer he was grafted to. The original Deathlok took place in a dystopian future. In many ways, the Deathlok in Astonishing Tales #25 is very much like the Robocop character. So, the tone of the story, the location of the story, the time of the story, the character in the story, and even the conflict in the story are different. About the only similarity is the look and the man is a cyborg.

I guess if you ignore all these differences, yes, the Deathlok on the TV show is the same character. And the Guardians of the Galaxy in the movie is the same team introduced in Marvel Super-Heroes #18.

Edited by rjrjr

I guess if you ignore all these differences, yes, the Deathlok on the TV show is the same character. And the Guardians of the Galaxy in the movie is the same team introduced in Marvel Super-Heroes #18.

I think the significance of AT 25 is the introduction of the character concept, much as MSH 18 is for Guardians and Legends 3 is for the Suicide Squad. It is fair to say the concepts and characters involved have travelled a fair ways from these roots, though.

Astonishing 25 Raw

Oooh, touchy.

I think you severely overestimate your importance in my life.

Very nice!

What is heating her 1st appearance up?

I know it has been trending that direction for a while now.

Very nice!

I think it has to do with that ridiculous 9.8 sale. Maybe this guy is thinking he's getting a deal on it.

Very nice!

I think it has to do with that ridiculous 9.8 sale. Maybe this guy is thinking he's getting a deal on it.

:gossip: He is.

Very nice!

DC brought back Helena Wayne a year or so ago, in the series "World's Finest" to team-up with Power Girl. I can see Warner Bros make a film of them.

Edited by vane