• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

Thats a crazy asking price. Kinda misleading too as his headline says "First Printing" - makes it appear that it is not a reprint - is there a 2nd printing? Kinda like saying Spectacular Spider Man 90 is fist appearance of alien costume but omitting "in title".

From the OSPG: "Spider-Man's new black costume, last panel (ties w/Amazing Spider-Man #252 & Marvel Team-Up #141 for first app.)"

Who am I to argue with the experts? (shrug)

And here is the buyer's feedback:

"Great service. Quick shipping, gorgeous comic. Would Definitely reccomend!" ;)

Thats a crazy asking price. Kinda misleading too as his headline says "First Printing" - makes it appear that it is not a reprint - is there a 2nd printing? Kinda like saying Spectacular Spider Man 90 is fist appearance of alien costume but omitting "in title".

That's actually an early Direct Market version, tougher to find than the newsstand copy. Many people have been under the mistaken impression that these books were reprints (due to Overstreet) for many years.

Not $125 tough, but $10-$15 or so.

Marvel tales issues really are undervalued, let's face it Marvel Tales 1 is still a 60's book and has reprint stories of all the best heroes at a fraction of the price. Not withstanding how little a high grade copy exists, as people treated these as worthless reprints at the time.

You think 98/99/106 is undervalued? They're reprints, I think when high grade versions start to equal the price, or close to the price, of low grade versions the ceiling is hit.

Yes and were not there yet.

The most interesting part about this to me is that DC just sat and watched Marvel reprint old stories for two decades. It's a testament to the brand of Spider-Man vs anybody else.

Alright, then I'll sell you 98 and 99 (low grade copies) for $40 shipped.

Why would I want low grade copies for that price? We were talking about high grade copies and currently high grade don't sell for much more than that.

Isn’t the one with the rhombus a Whitman distributed copy? Do they coincide?

I thought it was the ones with the blank UPC space because the bag they came in had the actual UPC on it.

Peace,

Chip

Cool, so I seem to get the difference is just that instead of an UPC crossed by a bar (direct market) the Whitmans have the UPC box left blank.

Marvel tales issues really are undervalued, let's face it Marvel Tales 1 is still a 60's book and has reprint stories of all the best heroes at a fraction of the price. Not withstanding how little a high grade copy exists, as people treated these as worthless reprints at the time.

You think 98/99/106 is undervalued? They're reprints, I think when high grade versions start to equal the price, or close to the price, of low grade versions the ceiling is hit.

Yes and were not there yet.

The most interesting part about this to me is that DC just sat and watched Marvel reprint old stories for two decades. It's a testament to the brand of Spider-Man vs anybody else.

Alright, then I'll sell you 98 and 99 (low grade copies) for $40 shipped.

Why would I want low grade copies for that price? We were talking about high grade copies and currently high grade don't sell for much more than that.

Because you said it's undervalued, is that not what people do why they find cheap investments?

Action Comics # 521 (1st Vixen) is picking up again due to the announcement of the Vixen animated series. 15 eBay listings ended today with some hitting impressive prices:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=action+comics+521&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Thanks for the heads up. What the hell man, I must say that announcement came out of nowhere. I was holding onto my double for a Vixen casting ann. in regards to the Suicide Squad movie.

I wonder if this is to introduce audiences to the character for a live action appearance on tv or in film...

Action Comics # 521 (1st Vixen) is picking up again due to the announcement of the Vixen animated series. 15 eBay listings ended today with some hitting impressive prices:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=action+comics+521&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Thanks for the heads up. What the hell man, I must say that announcement came out of nowhere. I was holding onto my double for a Vixen casting ann. in regards to the Suicide Squad movie.

I wonder if this is to introduce audiences to the character for a live action appearance on tv or in film...

The animated series will take place in the same universe as Arrow & Flash so yes live action TV would be a likely possibility I think...

This animated series might've already been in the works for awhile hence her exclusion from the SS movie...

The Cat #1 raws:

one ringy dingy

2 ringy dingy

Holy beejeezus - couldn't give those away just a few years ago. :o

Great book, classic Marie Severin/Wally Wood art. Was looking at a stack of them yesterday thinking it was a shame that the book was never recognized.

I agree, but I doubt I got more than $40 for my OO set . . . :sorry:

The Cat #1 raws:

one ringy dingy

2 ringy dingy

Holy beejeezus - couldn't give those away just a few years ago. :o

Great book, classic Marie Severin/Wally Wood art. Was looking at a stack of them yesterday thinking it was a shame that the book was never recognized.

I agree, but I doubt I got more than $40 for my OO set . . . :sorry:

Well, truthfully, the book lost a lot of steam after Wood left after the first issue. But that first issue was sweet!