• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

Boba Fett heat continues to rise. First time over $600 for this issue? So people looking for Boba third after Harley and Deadpool? hm

eBay sale - Star Wars 42 CGC 9.8 on 5-10-2015

Well he is getting his own movie...he already was mega-popular, now who knows how big he will get. I just don't know what the normal Star Wars collector would rather have: Star Wars 42 or a vintage toy?

Boba Fett heat continues to rise. First time over $600 for this issue? So people looking for Boba third after Harley and Deadpool? hm

I'm sorry, but what exactly was the significance of this book supposed to be again that is causing it to "heat up"? (shrug)

-J.

4th printing of the first appearance of Boba Fett.

Here's a question, guys? While SW #42 is Boba's 1st appearance in a comic wouldn't Marvel Super Special #16 be the 1st Boba Fett? I believe it pre-dates 42. Very similar to the MP #7/Hulk #271 deal with Rocket.

There are a couple of extensive discussions of this in threads in the Copper Age forum. :foryou:

Here's a question, guys? While SW #42 is Boba's 1st appearance in a comic wouldn't Marvel Super Special #16 be the 1st Boba Fett? I believe it pre-dates 42. Very similar to the MP #7/Hulk #271 deal with Rocket.

There are a couple of extensive discussions of this in threads in the Copper Age forum. :foryou:

:shy::sumo: Interesting especially considering both are BA books

SW 42 Dec 1980

MSS 16 Spring 1980

:acclaim:

SW 42 Dec 1980

MSS 16 Spring 1980

Or are they copper?

SW 42 Dec 1980

MSS 16 Spring 1980

Or are they copper?

TMNT #1 start of Copper Age, no? :foryou:

I'm sorry, but what exactly was the significance of this book supposed to be again that is causing it to "heat up"? (shrug)

-J.

So chasing "first appearances" of movie characters in comic books that are adaptations from other media really is a thing now?

Speculators must be looking for pretty much anything to buy now.

Guess if it worked for Harley Quinn/ BA 12, why not this. doh!

-J.

-J.

So chasing "first appearances" of movie characters in comic books that are adaptations from other media really is a thing now?

-J.

It is the masses perceived first appearance. It may not be correct, but this is the book that people want.

:baiting: Buzzkill

He likes to apply his values only to anything that has to do with comics values or significance.

Right or wrong, SW 42 seems to be the one that comic collectors want and that's all that seems to matter these days.

SW 42 Dec 1980

MSS 16 Spring 1980

Or are they copper?

TMNT #1 start of Copper Age, no? :foryou:

Debatable. Ask ten comic collectors when the Copper age started and I'll bet you get at least 5 different answers.

-J.

-J.

He-Man, Transformers, and GI Joe spring to mind, but I am not sure what came first, the show or the comic.

-J.

-J.

He-Man, Transformers, and GI Joe spring to mind, but I am not sure what came first, the show or the comic.

I actually think those were all technically toys first. lol

-J.

-J.

-J.

All three appeared in the comics before the TV shows.

-J.

-J.

All three appeared in the comics before the TV shows.

All three were toy properties first and foremost which were licensed to appear in comics as a means to sell toys.

They are by no means original comic book properties or creations. (Much like Harley, Boba, etc). (thumbs u

-J.