• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

I think that some events that undeniably happened before copper (such as the ones I listed for instance) have affected the copper age, and some will argue even modern. Wendy and richard pini's Elfquest, Dave Sims Cerebus and Art Spieglman's Maus (dubbed by some the first popular Graphic Novel) made the first popular breakthrough comic books that would inspire creators to publish creator-owned properties

Sure, but creator ownership is not a significant part of any one age and it's been around, in one form or another, literally forever. Even Bob Kane had gross profit and licensing rights on Batman through the GA and SA (as did Kirby and Simon for CA, they just never got paid), Robert Crumb did self-publishing of his own creations in the 60's, along with many other Undergrounds, Atlas/Seaboard offered creator ownership of new characters in 1974-75, etc.

I've had that a few times recently, where I'm the second high bidder, then the seller relists it a day or two later, hah.

This was one of them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321724304148?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

then a day or two later he relisted it with a much bigger buy it now.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321742600929?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

I made him an offer of my bid, but he sent me back a counter of double, lol.

Same happened other day with another comic, these shill bidders, I mean non paying bidders!

I think that some events that undeniably happened before copper (such as the ones I listed for instance) have affected the copper age, and some will argue even modern. Wendy and richard pini's Elfquest, Dave Sims Cerebus and Art Spieglman's Maus (dubbed by some the first popular Graphic Novel) made the first popular breakthrough comic books that would inspire creators to publish creator-owned properties

Sure, but creator ownership is not a significant part of any one age and it's been around, in one form or another, literally forever. Even Bob Kane had gross profit and licensing rights on Batman through the GA and SA (as did Kirby and Simon for CA, they just never got paid), Robert Crumb did self-publishing of his own creations in the 60's, along with many other Undergrounds, Atlas/Seaboard offered creator ownership of new characters in 1974-75, etc.

True. But they all evolved into their own separate streams popularized by the industry. Bob Kane is known for Batman which will fall into the DC/Golden age category, Robert Crumb's underground Comix revolution. Sim, the Pini's and Spiegelman are exclusively affiliated with independent comics than anything else. I would add Will Eisner to that list if anything, but that a discussion for another time maybe..

2 offers on What if #10 within 10 minutes of listing. Might have to let this one ride a few days. Paid $2.00 for it today :insane:

Yeah, you should see what happens. About a year ago, I listed my Marvel Preview 4 on ebay. One guy sent me an offer and then a few minutes later hit the BIN lol

2 offers on What if #10 within 10 minutes of listing. Might have to let this one ride a few days. Paid $2.00 for it today :insane: probably

Yeah, you should see what happens. About a year I listed my Marvel Preview 4 on ebay. One guy sent me an offer and then a few minutes later hit the BIN lol

I do that all the time. If I see something that just got listed with a cheap BIN/offer and I am willing to pay full boat, I will throw in an offer to see if it triggers the auto accept. If not, I hit the BIN before someone else can snatch it. Probably looks really strange from the seller 's perspective, but there is a reason for it.

2 offers on What if #10 within 10 minutes of listing. Might have to let this one ride a few days. Paid $2.00 for it today :insane: probably

Yeah, you should see what happens. About a year I listed my Marvel Preview 4 on ebay. One guy sent me an offer and then a few minutes later hit the BIN lol

I do that all the time. If I see something that just got listed with a cheap BIN/offer and I am willing to pay full boat, I will throw in an offer to see if it triggers the auto accept. If not, I hit the BIN before someone else can snatch it. Probably looks really strange from the seller 's perspective, but there is a reason for it.

That's good info. I've had buyers do that to me, and I never knew why. lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Team-Up-65-HIGH-GRADE-NM-9-6-Spiderman-Mark-Jewelers-Insert-Variant-/381231185191?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58c3263d27

So what's the deal, are these incredibly rare in MTUs or does Sparkle City have some magic power? This was the highest one, but they were getting $40+ for a bunch of others. I just don't see this sort of premium for other MJI issues.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Team-Up-65-HIGH-GRADE-NM-9-6-Spiderman-Mark-Jewelers-Insert-Variant-/381231185191?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58c3263d27

So what's the deal, are these incredibly rare in MTUs or does Sparkle City have some magic power? This was the highest one, but they were getting $40+ for a bunch of others. I just don't see this sort of premium for other MJI issues.

Semi-semi-key?

1st US appearance of Capt. Britain.

Little bit of both. Sparkle City commands more dollars than most comic sellers on eBay. They are kind of like the MCS of eBay.

That's good info. I've had buyers do that to me, and I never knew why. lol

+2

That info is gold. GOLD Jerry!

I listed this about a month ago where were you sir :taptaptap: