• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

I was pleasantly surprised by this one (mine is the $83 for a 9.2):

eBay Completed - Spidey Super Stories #39

Prices seem very strong for high grade copies.

???

Congrats on the sale...but why is this book suddenly hot?

Thanos cover and relatively hard to find (only a few on E-Bay) must be the key to its success.

???

It's not suddenly hot.

It's sought after in high grade and there are many people willing

to still pay highly for it as there aren't many high grade examples.

I sold a CGC 9.6 copy about 3 years ago for nearly $300 USD

???

It's not suddenly hot.

This book is not in my wheelhouse. I don't think I've ever heard of it before, unless it's the one with Thanos in a helicopter? That could be fun.

EDIT: I see there's already a thread about the Thanos copter!

Edited by MisterX

Doesn't appear to be much love at all for DC's Steel, the Indestructible Man; even though he does appear to become a regular on Season 2 of DC's Legends of Tomorrow.

Speculative fever must be dying down significantly for some of these cross media books as there are just so many of these long forgotten heroes showing up on both the big screen and also on TV nowadays. (shrug)

???

It's not suddenly hot.

Mid grade copies were not doing $40+ until recently. I pulled mine a bit after Thanos mania started and was disappointed that it only looked to be worth $7-10 so I put it back to age it more.

???

It's not suddenly hot.

Mid grade copies were not doing $40+ until recently. I pulled mine a bit after Thanos mania started and was disappointed that it only looked to be worth $7-10 so I put it back to age it more.

The power of the Thanos Copter is strong...... lol

Superman Annual #11 is also doing well. :grin:

Wow!

WOW is right...but why?

classic Alan Moore story.

Agreed, but then I would posit that any Alan Moore & Dave Gibbons team-up is worth hoarding. ;)

Has New Gods 7 been desirable for a long time? I have basically been buying those Kirby 4th world books for 23 years any time I saw them in decent shape cheap ($1 or less, in the last few years sometimes $2) and have close to a short box of them. I never really paid attention to what OPG or FMV on ebay was for any of them as this was one of my "aging" projects and frankly, to me they couldn't be worth less than $1 each in decent shape, but now there is interest in them. This got me copies of Forever People 1 on up, New Gods 1 on up, Mr. Miracle 1 on up (including a bunch of #4s), a stack of Omac 1s, way too many Kamandis, Demon 1 on up, etc etc., so I figured I'd have a NG 7 in there, but no luck! Given the # of copies on ebay I figure it isn't a low print run issue, or maybe everyone has their's up for sale?

Edited by the blob

Yeah, I understand why it's hot right now, I just couldn't remember if that was previously a "premium" book in that run that I might not have found in a $1-$2 box (and, frankly, I don't know what was "premium" in that run, at least in the late 90s/early 2000s when there was no interest in these books, given that the last copy of Forever People 1 I sold on these here boards was out of a $2 box).

These were books that I bought because I liked the chunky Kirby covers for some reason and figured eventually anything kirby would make a come back one day (a lot of my collecting involves substantial "aging"). I kid you not that I never bothered trying to figure out if they were worth anything (in reality, not OPG, which I knew was many multiples of what they were worth) until recently.

Sometimes I look back and wonder why i don't have a certain issue while I have tons of others. As you might have figured, I tend to buy stuff willy nilly based on price and eye appeal, I don't have a lot of specific objectives in mind.