• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

We tend to forget that book is 35 years old now - there's always been demand for it and as it ages, people are looking for it.

That must be it.. Last year couldnt even give these away, theyre $10 a pop in NM now:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics/63/i.html?LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_from=R40&_nkw=Francis+Brother+Of+the+Universe+%231&_sop=13

Same thing. That books is now 37 years old :o and we tend to forget that. That book is now the midpoint between now and the Battle of Stalingrad.

-

Francis1.jpg

Francis1b.jpg

Francis1c.jpg

Bah, the dreaded triple drek. The only way to counteract it's affects is with a great artist such as Liefeld or the likes.

We tend to forget that book is 35 years old now - there's always been demand for it and as it ages, people are looking for it.

That must be it.. Last year couldnt even give these away, theyre $10 a pop in NM now:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics/63/i.html?LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_from=R40&_nkw=Francis+Brother+Of+the+Universe+%231&_sop=13

Same thing. That books is now 37 years old :o and we tend to forget that. That book is now the midpoint between now and the Battle of Stalingrad.

-

Francis1.jpg

Francis1b.jpg

Francis1c.jpg

Bah, the dreaded triple drek. The only way to counteract it's affects is with a great artist such as Liefeld or the likes.

Well, the cover does have a lack of feet

I'm not sure which is worse . . . your grammar or your taste in art. :roflmao:

Of course, I buy these along with all the Christian comics I see from al hartley, et al that I see if the price is right. Heck, treasure chests too. I have a decent little christian comic side collection going. I hit a stockpile in a comic shop in mississipi once, but my nyc shops get them too.

Crazy but true story. As a kid in New Jersey in the early seventies my brother and I read this Archie comic about a talking parrot. In one of the scenes the bird recites a phone number. We think it will be big fun to call the number and ask for Archie! We do and this guy answers the phone and says he draws Archie comics. He then starts asking us about Jesus!!

Had to to be Al Hartley!

as I mentioned earlier I purchased a few sets of the christian comics from the Chick website.

Arrived today with THREE free mini comics. One is about how Catholicism isn't Christian. REALLY COOL.

Also those Christian Spire Archie books are amazing but I prefer the God's Smuggler Spire book. Its a book about a guy illegally importing Bibles. Too good.

Have no clue why but...

The pope is heating up

That book has sold pretty decently for a while. As I posted in another thread I got three offers on one in an hour, but the money involved wasn't earth shattering.

Looking at the sales data, I'm starting to wonder if this book just got an uptick for Christmas gift giving. If you have someone on your list who loves the guy and do an ebay search, the comic might seem like a fun gift by non-comics people.

as I mentioned earlier I purchased a few sets of the christian comics from the Chick website.

Arrived today with THREE free mini comics. One is about how Catholicism isn't Christian. REALLY COOL.

Also those Christian Spire Archie books are amazing but I prefer the God's Smuggler Spire book. Its a book about a guy illegally importing Bibles. Too good.

God's Smuggler rocks! Way underrated! Second only to Hansi, the Girl Who Loved the Swastika, among Spire books, imo.

God's Smuggler rocks! Way underrated! Second only to Hansi, the Girl Who Loved the Swastika, among Spire books, imo.

Hansi is prolly the biggest one. Never set on a copy for more than a week

Hansi is prolly the biggest one. Never set on a copy for more than a week

I sold my 9.8 to my tattoo guy. Still regret it.

BTW one of the three free books I got was called "congratulations" and its all about how great a person you are for buying books from Chick.com - I can't make this stuff up!

Have no clue why but...

The pope is heating up

That book has sold pretty decently for a while. As I posted in another thread I got three offers on one in an hour, but the money involved wasn't earth shattering.

Looking at the sales data, I'm starting to wonder if this book just got an uptick for Christmas gift giving. If you have someone on your list who loves the guy and do an ebay search, the comic might seem like a fun gift by non-comics people.

That's what I thought as well.

i can't speak for the st. francis book, but i definitely saw $10-$20 sales on the john paul book a while ago, not during christmas, which is why i stuck a copy in my ebay store/free 50 listingd at the time. i had actually gotten offers before, but i had been on vacation and did not respond in time.

Well now...

A few days ago I was very tempted to get this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CGC-SS-3X-9-8-STAR-WARS-1-1977-SIGNED-BY-PROWSE-VADER-FISHER-LEIA-HAMIL-LUKE-/272488461523?hash=item3f7193f4d3:g:x~UAAOSw2xRYSM9h

I just rarely buy books for this amount regardless of the promise.. Care to speculate how much it will close for now?