• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

Late 1970s - early 1980s #1 issues in high grade seem to have endless supply. Not that ASM was some sales slouch either but how many more of those were read vs bought for collector interest.

Sexy female characters outpace strong female characters although a good story or TV/movie would trump that. Possible tastes change, but doubtful.

Looking for some opinions.

1st Black Cat or 1st She-Hulk?

I know there seems to be more heat on BC but who is the better long term investment or book with more growth??

Thanks

I'd go with Black Cat. She-Hulk 1 is common as dirt in every grade. ASM 194 is common as slightly more rare dirt in every grade.

Late 1970s - early 1980s #1 issues in high grade seem to have endless supply. Not that ASM was some sales slouch either but how many more of those were read vs bought for collector interest.

Sexy female characters outpace strong female characters although a good story or TV/movie would trump that. Possible tastes change, but doubtful.

I dunno, She Hulk is a green Xena who maybe likes boys.

My own personal copy of Iron Man #30 which I will be putting up for sale, now that a copy has sold for the piddly sum of $15,000. :screwy:lol

With comic book values rising the way they are, my cherry picked copy from the shelves of my LCS should easily beat that figure of only $15K. :wishluck:

My own personal copy of Iron Man #30 which I will be putting up for sale, now that a copy has sold for the piddly sum of $15,000. :screwy:lol

With comic book values rising the way they are, my cherry picked copy from the shelves of my LCS should easily beat that figure of only $15K. :wishluck:

Got a link? :baiting:

Got a link? :baiting:

Ask and ye shall receive:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?referral=EAlist&id=689571&title=IRONMAN

I guess this book would have rightfully gone for a whole lot more than just this measly $15K if it had White pages instead. lol:screwy:

ridiculous. 34 and 35 only have 2 and 3 9.8s respectively. there is only one of #30 because it hasn't been worth it to press a 9.4 or 9.6 into a 9.8 until now! it's a nothing issue. the only selling point is that there happens to be one 9.8 copy, right now, until there are 5 next month.

ridiculous. 34 and 35 only have 2 and 3 9.8s respectively. there is only one of #30 because it hasn't been worth it to press a 9.4 or 9.6 into a 9.8 until now! it's a nothing issue. the only selling point is that there happens to be one 9.8 copy, right now, until there are 5 next month.

Well, I guess that's the trick.....it's all about being the first to market with these almost common as dirt books. hm

Just make sure you are not the first to buy though, when it comes to these types of books. :tonofbricks:

Well, I guess that's the trick.....it's all about being the first to market with these almost common as dirt books. hm

Just make sure you are not the first to buy though, when it comes to these types of books. :tonofbricks:

It should become another case of another on-line auction house unable

to collect payment for the consignor.

It's not logical that someone is that stupid to pay that

much for a non-key garbage book.

It should become another case of another on-line auction house unable

to collect payment for the consignor.

It's not logical that someone is that stupid to pay that

much for a non-key garbage book.

This. The only one interested in this sale is the tax-man.

Will the crusaders Muhammad comic ever increase in value?

Seems kind of underappreciated for what it is

I think the Crusaders books have some potential... great covers, good production value, wonky distribution with some scarcity, controversial content, etc.

But for the moment, I think there's no market awareness (see previous post!) so nothing to trigger a price increase.

Geez, after looking at your Pope link, I clicked off sold, and amazingly there's a lot fewer available than have been sold of late, so as guess it really is currently hot.

Forgot all about the st Francis until I looked at these listings. Of this Marvel trio, I think the Mother Theresa was the smallest print run, I remember reading that somewhere, but the Pope seems to be in the sales lead currently.

Joe Sinnott drew that Pope book, and I have a JPII pencil sketch by him. I first met him at a con in the early 80's, just after he drew the book, so it's what he wanted to sketch for me. I was quite happy, figuring it would be different, as most probably ask him to sketch the Thing or Cap or Spidey, I imagine.