• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

Might be someone looking for a cheap 1.8 example. That's pretty cheap.

The bigger question is why would you possibly slab this book?

Probably thought it was a color variant.

100% that's the case. You know the grader knew that too... wish they could have stopped the process at that point and saved the person his submission fee.

That being said, I give the seller credit for not de-slabbing and trying sell it raw as a color variant. The question now is what to do with it? Other than throw it in the trash?

Personally I'd attached a bean bag to the underside of it and make it a cool little lap desk / snack tray. I bet you could sell that.

That's awesome...I think it would be amusing to have a thread in CG with the most worthless slabs offered for sale. I see stuff all the time that just baffles me...tons of dirt common bronze and silver books offered for sale in low to mid grade that aren't even worth a fraction of the slabbing fees. You can even include the hilarious random non-slabbed listings with super high starting bids/BINs for beat-up worthless drek.

Maybe it could be titled "What's NOT heating up on eBay" lol

That's awesome...I think it would be amusing to have a thread in CG with the most worthless slabs offered for sale. I see stuff all the time that just baffles me...tons of dirt common bronze and silver books offered for sale in low to mid grade that aren't even worth a fraction of the slabbing fees. You can even include the hilarious random non-slabbed listings with super high starting bids/BINs for beat-up worthless drek.

I like it. Go for it. :grin:

Might be someone looking for a cheap 1.8 example. That's pretty cheap.

The bigger question is why would you possibly slab this book?

Probably thought it was a color variant.

100% that's the case. You know the grader knew that too... wish they could have stopped the process at that point and saved the person his submission fee.

That being said, I give the seller credit for not de-slabbing and trying sell it raw as a color variant. The question now is what to do with it? Other than throw it in the trash?

Personally I'd attached a bean bag to the underside of it and make it a cool little lap desk / snack tray. I bet you could sell that.

I think it's just, "Stoopid is as stoopid does." :grin:

I like it. Go for it. :grin:

Yeah, take the ball and run with it.

When CGC was relatively new I bought a bunch of slabs for as little as I could to get representative grades in 4.0 - 9.8 to compare against. I tried to pay as little as possible and get the "best" books possible (and shipping was a lot cheaper in 2000-2002), but I still wound up with some books that have no business being in a slab like a 7.0 copy of Adventure 408, which I still have. I think, but am not sure, that I bought that along with some other bad slabs from the same guy, so shipping wasn't such an issue.

ASM 194 is like 4-5X the price in 9.8

So are you talking about a 9.2 (or maybe 9.4 ) ASM 194 vs. a 9.8 she hulk 1?

I am not that certain that ASM 194 is done. She hasn't even been in a movie yet! Of course, the same is true for She Hulk. The movie folks have not done a great job with Hulk in the movies... he has been ok in the Avengers movies ... have to wonder how they'd work in She Hulk.

I think for the third attempt at a Hulk solo movie they need to have a little bit of humor and bring in She Hulk and maybe some Red Hulks. Not sure how you accomplish that much plot development in 2 hours though, but at least they can skip the origin stuff. The first Hulk movie was so boring I fell asleep 4 times. The second one was ok, I stayed awake, but wasn't looking for more. I guess this iconic character isn't a great stand alone story, he needs a posse of interesting characters and sidekicks around him. Sort of reminds me of the Hulk series in the 200s or so, pre-Byrne/McFarlane. Snooze fest.

I guess with Hulk hiding from the Avengers now it is probably a good time for him to have to give an emergency transfusion to his cousin...

Edited by the blob