• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

On 2/22/2022 at 11:47 AM, dikran1 said:

... I see more upside on She Hulk than Nova who is still at the rumor stage.

I would push back against that for the following (correct me if I misstate something)...

- She Hulk is a streaming show and Nova is rumored to be part of the MCU movies (that's a significant difference on impact of upside)

- Female characters, whether fair or not, are generally not as popular as male characters

- She Hulk is a retread of Hulk (like Female Thor, Iron Heart, Black Panther Shuri, etc.) which tend to not be as popular as the "original"

Now if you say She Hulk has more upside because it is a cheaper comic than the first appearance of Nova I would agree since it has a further way to go.  First appearance of Nova is ~$2000!!!

***I'd still bet on Nova hoping for a phase 5 standalone movie

On 2/22/2022 at 5:16 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I would push back against that for the following (correct me if I misstate something)...

- She Hulk is a streaming show and Nova is rumored to be part of the MCU movies (that's a significant difference on impact of upside)

- Female characters, whether fair or not, are generally not as popular as male characters

- She Hulk is a retread of Hulk (like Female Thor, Iron Heart, Black Panther Shuri, etc.) which tend to not be as popular as the "original"

Now if you say She Hulk has more upside because it is a cheaper comic than the first appearance of Nova I would agree since it has a further way to go.  First appearance of Nova is ~$2000!!!

***I'd still bet on Nova hoping for a phase 5 standalone movie

Can Nova carry his own movie? Does She-Hulk have the shifting trend of more women characters in her favor? Nova is a nice piece, but can he carry his own movie series? The MCU shows on Disney+ have done very well in driving the market. And with the dearth of Hulk-devoted movies and shows, she is ripe to capitalize.

I think She-Hulk is the better buy.

Nova 1 9.8 seems to be about $1200 while at She-Hulk 1 9.8 is $1500-$2000 with a large volatility.

On 2/22/2022 at 3:24 PM, jcjames said:

"Hot"!?

Looks like that book was on fire and they put it out with a tractor. 

Hard to believe that someone thought paying $50 for that was a smart more. Imagine the smell from that comic book can empty a room, if not a whole building.

On 2/22/2022 at 12:44 PM, ygogolak said:

If there wasn't demand there would not be a price increase. They haven't even had screen time yet. And yes, it will go down after that. I can't think of any books that have not. But they will not go down to their price 5 years ago.

If She-Hulk sucks I can see a complete collapse of prices for She-Hulk 1 (especially CGC copies) just due to the huge amount supply in the system.  She-Hulk 1 CGC 9.8 has been a $1,500 book for awhile and I'd think it would crater back to the $500 level if the show stinks.  I'm all out of She-Hulk 1s but I hope for a great show for entertainment value but watch out if it doesn't do well.

On 2/22/2022 at 5:31 PM, jokiing said:

Hard to believe that someone thought paying $50 for that was a smart more. Imagine the smell from that comic book can empty a room, if not a whole building.

should benefit from a press...

On 2/23/2022 at 9:04 AM, 1Cool said:

If She-Hulk sucks I can see a complete collapse of prices for She-Hulk 1 (especially CGC copies) just due to the huge amount supply in the system.  She-Hulk 1 CGC 9.8 has been a $1,500 book for awhile and I'd think it would crater back to the $500 level if the show stinks.  I'm all out of She-Hulk 1s but I hope for a great show for entertainment value but watch out if it doesn't do well.

The mini-trailer did not look good, IMO. But Marvel doesn't miss to often.

She Hulk still has the potential to join the MCU in multiple movies given the extent of her team involvement in Marvel Comics.  Think about her in an FF movie or Avengers (even Avengers West Coast) or dare to dream…in a Hulk movie!

I think the upside for She Hulk far exceeds that for Nova

On 2/26/2022 at 9:37 PM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

You know what is even more (shrug) is not that the two 5.0 sales (showing on GPA) are this and a $504 (both in February, 2022) but these last sale prices (also February, 2022) 5.5 - $485, 6.0 - $600. 5.5 - $600, 7.0 - $600, 7.5 - $850.

That seller does get a lot of play and had listed some nice books, GA on up.  Bidding fever...

On 2/27/2022 at 8:35 AM, telerites said:

You know what is even more (shrug) is not that the two 5.0 sales (showing on GPA) are this and a $504 (both in February, 2022) but these last sale prices (also February, 2022) 5.5 - $485, 6.0 - $600. 5.5 - $600, 7.0 - $600, 7.5 - $850.

That seller does get a lot of play and had listed some nice books, GA on up.  Bidding fever...

Possibly. Or some funny business is going on. I'm leaning towards funny business.