• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

Wow Adventure into Fear is falling back down to earth rapidly. Books barely hitting the $30-50 mark now.

To be fair, the odds of a Howard the Duck movie getting made are pretty poor. Additionally, that character is definitely a product of his time and despite several attempts over the year, Marvel has never been able to make the character work outside the original title's run. (Are there comic creators clamoring to usher Howard into the modern Marvel universe?) I also don't see Disney green-lighting a movie with the character as it's been a source of contention between Disney and Marvel due to the similarities with Donald Duck. The critical comparisons that would be drawn from a Disney produced Howard the Duck movie would be interesting to see however. lol

So, now that we've been told there is no Nova movie perspectives in the works, has Nova 1 started coming back down to earth?

Wow Adventure into Fear is falling back down to earth rapidly. Books barely hitting the $30-50 mark now.

Mid grade raw sales are only indicative of the mid grade raw market.

To be fair, the odds of a Howard the Duck movie getting made are pretty poor. Additionally, that character is definitely a product of his time and despite several attempts over the year, Marvel has never been able to make the character work outside the original title's run. (Are there comic creators clamoring to usher Howard into the modern Marvel universe?) I also don't see Disney green-lighting a movie with the character as it's been a source of contention between Disney and Marvel due to the similarities with Donald Duck. The critical comparisons that would be drawn from a Disney produced Howard the Duck movie would be interesting to see however. lol

So, now that we've been told there is no Nova movie perspectives in the works, has Nova 1 started coming back down to earth?

Yeah, I thought it was well known that this was just a fun little easter egg that Gunn threw in. Don't get me wrong, I think him doing that did spark a renewed interest in the character. Hell even I picked up a copy of HtD #1 b/c of it.

I didn't hear that about Nova! I'm pretty bummed. He would be great on the big screen. :/ Guess I'm in luck though considered I still haven't picked up my copy haha.

I was never disputing this. lol.

Edited by spideyfan78ct

Yeah, I thought it was well known that this was just a fun little easter egg that Gunn threw in. Don't get me wrong, I think him doing that did spark a renewed interest in the character. Hell even I picked up a copy of HtD #1 b/c of it.

I didn't hear that about Nova! I'm pretty bummed. He would be great on the big screen. :/ Guess I'm in luck though considered I still haven't picked up my copy haha.

I was never disputing this. lol.

You weren't really being specific, which is why I thought the clarification was justified.